***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

They do not.  Its a mom and pop store that has warehouse like inventory and prices for baseball equipment.  I dont think they ship but you can try giving them a call to see.  https://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Coast-Sporting-Goods/190542214307703
  If you are ever in Northern Cali you need to stop there and check it out.  
Oh ok thanks, wish it was down south by San Bernardino county, where I have family at. -_-
Ill tell you what.. if you have a specific model and color I can look for it next time i am there and give you the price.. not sure how much it would cost to ship but still cheaper than buying it off Max Bats website im sure.. PM me to discuss 

Ill tell you what.. if you have a specific model and color I can look for it next time i am there and give you the price.. not sure how much it would cost to ship but still cheaper than buying it off Max Bats website im sure.. PM me to discuss 
Thanks boss, you've been PM'ed

Alright so the glove i got off ebay came, and it looks even better in person! I might have to quit catching just so i can use it in the field more! haha but its really really really stiff, and i want to break it in right, and ive never really broken a glove in for like five years, and when i did i just used hot glove....so if anyone has any advice for different good ways to break it in i would really appreciate it..... its going to be used for third base and outfield if that helps

That is one awesome glove. Congrats.

If you search around youtube there is a good amount of videos that have different ways to break in gloves. If you aren't in a rush to use it playing catch with it a lot is the best way to get a good pocket formed on it. If you are looking to break it in quickly then there are more extreme methods that will help speed it up (but might not be the best long term.) I go through gloves pretty fast (every 2-3 years) b/c I buy the cheaper $100-120 version of the Rawlings 1st base glove b/c I like it so I try to break them in fast and have used water on mine in the past and it's worked out well for me. I also know others are against it and say it ruins the leather (I can't really speak on it b/c I don't ever use them long enough.)

I use a glove mallet on mine when I'm just sitting around the house as well. You could probably use anything that is shaped similar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unique-Spor...856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7a9d7ed8

I'm sure others will have more stuff to add but that should be a good starting off point. Good luck!

Last edited:
That is one awesome glove. Congrats.

If you search around youtube there is a good amount of videos that have different ways to break in gloves. If you aren't in a rush to use it playing catch with it a lot is the best way to get a good pocket formed on it. If you are looking to break it in quickly then there are more extreme methods that will help speed it up (but might not be the best long term.) I go through gloves pretty fast (every 2-3 years) b/c I buy the cheaper $100-120 version of the Rawlings 1st base glove b/c I like it so I try to break them in fast and have used water on mine in the past and it's worked out well for me. I also know others are against it and say it ruins the leather (I can't really speak on it b/c I don't ever use them long enough.)

I use a glove mallet on mine when I'm just sitting around the house as well. You could probably use anything that is shaped similar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unique-Spor...856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7a9d7ed8

I'm sure others will have more stuff to add but that should be a good starting off point. Good luck!

Mink oil that's for boots helps a ton and applys really light. Also I see mizuno has a steamer that does magic in helping break in a glove.

I loved the Nike Air Way Up back in the 90's. Just ordered the blue pair and I'm thinking about sending these bad boys to Custom Cleats.

Alright so the glove i got off ebay came, and it looks even better in person! I might have to quit catching just so i can use it in the field more! haha but its really really really stiff, and i want to break it in right, and ive never really broken a glove in for like five years, and when i did i just used hot glove....so if anyone has any advice for different good ways to break it in i would really appreciate it..... its going to be used for third base and outfield if that helps
Honestly the best way is just to play catch with it, but not everyone has the time and means to do that often. Play catch but once you are done you can: 1. place a softball in the palm wrap your glove around it and rubber band it over night 2. close the glove the way you would if you caught with it, some do thumb-pinky thumb-ring finger, even seen thumb-middle finger, anyway close it how you want and place something heavy on top over night.

Being an infielder though you are going to want your glove form to be open creating a "bigger glove" for fielding a ball maybe slightly out of reach, so after youve done the breaking in techniques and/or playing catch for the day you'll want to set the glove face down with it spread open.

I'll post pics of mine when i get home, its an akadema, not as great as my previous pro-preferred, but we were sponsored in college so i took it.

anyone seen the Huarache 2k4 still floating around like Gonzalez is wearing on page 57? Ive been looking for them for the past 2 years, but have been coming up short. I see they made the lows in them not too long ago but looking for the mid in black in a 12. If you find a pair hit me up. preciate it

Came in Tuesday. prob break out the bwp in tonights game

View media item 453136

Last edited:
anyone seen the Huarache 2k4 still floating around like Gonzalez is wearing on page 57? Ive been looking for them for the past 2 years, but have been coming up short. I see they made the lows in them not too long ago but looking for the mid in black in a 12. If you find a pair hit me up. preciate it

Came in Tuesday. prob break out the bwp in tonights game

Anyone here ever used an Akadema outfield glove? Looking to buy a new glove, and I'm sure I'm going to stick with Rawlings, but was just curious about Akadema. Haven't (don't) hear much about them.

Anyone here ever used an Akadema outfield glove? Looking to buy a new glove, and I'm sure I'm going to stick with Rawlings, but was just curious about Akadema. Haven't (don't) hear much about them.

I had one for 2 years in college. We were sponsored by them. It was the ADB-138 12.75 outfielders. Was really nice. Depends on which u get cuz some akadema models are trash like other brands have their crappy ones. The one i had was the pro model not bad price for retail either ive seen. I didnt pay but if i needed to i wouldnt mind the price. Id recommend their pro models though.

Only other brand ive used is rawlings - heart of the hide & pro preferred

This is the only thing I use on gloves.. 

Amazon product ASIN B001B84ZYM
I used to use oil.. neets foot, mink oil etc.. and long term,  it would break down the leather over the course of a few years.  Most gloves are pretreated with oil so throwing more oil will speed up the break in process but isnt good for the leather long term.  

Nokona wont break down the leather as it is more of a conditioner and helps to moisturize it.  I have had my outfield glove (pro preferred rawlings) since 2005 and never once used oil.  Still a solid pocket, no rips or tears in the leather.  Just had it restrung last week and it feels like a new glove again.  

Not sure what brand but a team mate of mine used leather car seat oil and it worked great he had been using it for 4 years glove still looked nice. I havent used glove on a glove since i was little. Since ive been using higher priced gloves i havent used any conditioners or anything and thwyve held up fine. I sold them all though. I miss my pro preferred though. My organization back in the day was sponsored by rawlings at the begin of the season the rep would have about 100 gloves laid out to choose from and we'd just go at it choosing what we wanted each season. I miss those days lol

Back
Top Bottom