***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

how is everyones season going so far? i havent played since june on account of all the rain outs we have had over here on the east coast...in danger of tomorrows getting rained out as well...its been a very upsetting couple of weeks haha. baseball withdraws

I'm somehow hitting .155 and leading my league in walks this year...been an odd season to say the least.
ahh.. i have been through a few of those.  stay at it man,  and dont let it consume you.  i always try to simplify things when i get to a place like that... less stride, and ready to hit sooner.  the positive piece is that your seeing alot of pitches.  im in a rough patch myself on one of my teams.  the plan is to go out there and be aggressive in my count with my pitch.  anyways.. good luck man!  

how is everyones season going so far? i havent played since june on account of all the rain outs we have had over here on the east coast...in danger of tomorrows getting rained out as well...its been a very upsetting couple of weeks haha. baseball withdraw 
been playing a ton so far minus a few cancellations (not weather related) hear in cali.  my main team just got picked up to play in an independent league,  which has been a pretty cool experience to this point.  gotta love being able to take bp on the fields before the game.  

just out of curiosity.. how many games are you guys playing per week?  anyone playing in multiple leagues?  

We only play an 18 game regular season, so I tried filling out our schedule with exhibition games and tournaments with teams from different leagues, which will bring us up to around 35+ gms. Been pretty lucky with the weather so far.

Our league website:
http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/front_pageesdNew.cfm?leagueID=13379&clientID=4217

team specific website
http://oakridgebaseball.com/Teams/1025/

I designed our new lids, our guys are pretty pumped about wearing 5905s on field now. Didn't want plain red hats, so "spiced" them up a bit with the white rivets and white button.

View media item 492993

Those are dope doogie! How long did newera take to get those done for you? Was it pricey?

Those are dope doogie! How long did newera take to get those done for you? Was it pricey?

New Era took about 3 weeks to a month. They cost us just under 30$ ea - which we all thought was a great deal compared to the outrageous 45.99 we pay in Canada for a 5950 these days.

Really wanted white caps with a red brim and red logos, but couldn't commit due to how dirty they would get within a few months.

New Era took about 3 weeks to a month. They cost us just under 30$ ea - which we all thought was a great deal compared to the outrageous 45.99 we pay in Canada for a 5950 these days.

Really wanted white caps with a red brim and red logos, but couldn't commit due to how dirty they would get within a few months.
That's not a bad price. Who did the work on them?

I went through a local sports retailer (source for sports teamworks) who have wholesale accounts with the major companies.

Sent them our primary and secondary logo, and they sent it off to New Era. They then forward the artwork back for approval, and I confirm it and place the order afterwords.

The "Reds" word mark on the back wasn't exactly what I requested but it still turned out pretty good. The Oakridge "O" has been used by the minor association for over 20 years so I wanted to keep the tradition going. Most of our guys played together growing up, wearing that logo - so it was a no brainer.

been playing a ton so far minus a few cancellations (not weather related) hear in cali.  my main team just got picked up to play in an independent league,  which has been a pretty cool experience to this point.  gotta love being able to take bp on the fields before the game.  

just out of curiosity.. how many games are you guys playing per week?  anyone playing in multiple leagues?  
16 regular season games in one league and in my other league about 10 or so....not hitting at all this year,its frustrating..i cant get it out of my head..im striking out more now then when i first started playing. just in a real bad slump

We only play an 18 game regular season, so I tried filling out our schedule with exhibition games and tournaments with teams from different leagues, which will bring us up to around 35+ gms. Been pretty lucky with the weather so far.

Our league website:
http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/front_pageesdNew.cfm?leagueID=13379&clientID=4217

team specific website
http://oakridgebaseball.com/Teams/1025/

I designed our new lids, our guys are pretty pumped about wearing 5905s on field now. Didn't want plain red hats, so "spiced" them up a bit with the white rivets and white button.
as a new era collector i would seriously buy one of those from you ha...those are SICK,they would get a lot of love over on the newera cap talk blog. great stuff man. quick question...on the inside tag where does it say they are made?are the usa made?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom