***MLB Feet and Equipment 2014***NEW THREAD

I
why dont you do what you think not others... be original
He was looking for advice. On their website it mentions some shoes work better than others (a lot of free runs they can't do.) Suppose he wanted lunarglides done and a few people on here had gotten lunars from custom cleat and they didn't turn out well. Asking around and doing your research is what you should always do. If someone had an outstanding experience with a particular shoe, then that would be great to know in my opinion. We're all here to help eachother here on Niketalk.
lets not flame people here.. not really the style of this thread.  unless you want people posting meme's all day clowning each other.. that would be fun.

back to the question.. i have been researching the custom cleats idea myself and i am hearing that trying to turn a running shoe into a cleat can be much harder on your feet in terms of long term wear. not sure if anyone else has this experience and would like to hear some thoughts. 

I am siding towards Kobes because i liked Escobars and Cedenos. 
then if i was to recommend any sneaker i guess it would be the milk snake kobe 8s. ive owned kobe 8s are they are crazy comfortable (i have wide feet too), crazy light, i dont see how the bottom of the shoe could create a problem with the whole process, and they have all 4 colors youre looking for.... the insoles of the shoe are kimda slippery tho idk if that would be a problem

lets not flame people here.. not really the style of this thread.  unless you want people posting meme's all day clowning each other.. that would be fun.

back to the question.. i have been researching the custom cleats idea myself and i am hearing that trying to turn a running shoe into a cleat can be much harder on your feet in terms of long term wear. not sure if anyone else has this experience and would like to hear some thoughts. 
i dont know of anyone else getting the custom cleats besides nikesourceseller but if i remember correctly he didnt wear them right? anyways i just sent some sneaks in so ill let you know... i dont intend on wearing them for more than 1 season, which doesnt start for another month up here in mass 
mean.gif
 but ill let you guys know as the season goes on

i dont know of anyone else getting the custom cleats besides nikesourceseller but if i remember correctly he didnt wear them right? anyways i just sent some sneaks in so ill let you know... i dont intend on wearing them for more than 1 season, which doesnt start for another month up here in mass 
mean.gif
 but ill let you guys know as the season goes on
Yeah im intending to wear last seasons cleats on bad weather days and usually I get new cleats each year so I'm good there. I have probably over 2 months here in MN so I have plenty of time to figure out which ones to send in. Thanks for the advice!

the kobes seem to be very popular with custom cleats. make sure to post pics when you get them. cuddahy99 i dont wanna hear it man,we just got 8in of snow the other day  here in dc hahaha...season starts real soon and practice time keeps getting cut down due to this BS snow ha

When I contacted custom cleats they said that they had that in mind when they started, that's why it's 2 cleat-plates on the bottom at max so that there isn't too much pressure on specific areas of the foot. If there were 9 or so small cleat sections glued to the bottom, the. It would be a huge issue. I've never tried them but with the pro guys using them, they have to be good I'm assuming.

I've had them and they are certainly nice...but I think the comfort is a little overstated. To me personally, they feel pretty similar to wearing a a new pair of NB's or a good pair of iD MCS cleats. Basically they feel like you are just wearing regular shoes and not cleats.

i got the griffey air max 360 so im a little worried about the bottom of the shoe as its not a flat bottom... but they should provide plenty of cushion and maybe even make me look a couple inches taller lol

Dang my order for the skylon aces for $33 got canceled and refunded this morning....oh well

It's been a month into the season and I still haven't been able to break out my new home spikes because snow pushes us onto the road. We're the northern most team in the conference so every weekend series is a nice weather change. We got 16 inches of snow during the big storm, then went on the road to South Carolina and played in 65 degrees. Amazing, but sucks because we get almost no field time.

It's been a month into the season and I still haven't been able to break out my new home spikes because snow pushes us onto the road. We're the northern most team in the conference so every weekend series is a nice weather change. We got 16 inches of snow during the big storm, then went on the road to South Carolina and played in 65 degrees. Amazing, but sucks because we get almost no field time.

No sympathy here! We usually can't get our season going until early May, and with all the snow we have got in Ontario this year that could be dicey. Luckily we have a great indoor facility here run by former MLB and Team Canada members Adam Stern and Chris Robinson.

Also, here's a random picture of Russel Wilson to keep things on track

View media item 842138

Last edited:
Dope find on those Barry bonds any chance their still available? Went on shoe bacca and can't seem to find them..

Dam crazy cause last night I went eBay and searched around for a pair of Fila's that Bond's wore and came up with nothing..

No sympathy here! We usually can't get our season going until early May, and with all the snow we have got in Ontario this year that could be dicey. Luckily we have a great indoor facility here run by former MLB and Team Canada members Adam Stern and Chris Robinson.

Also, here's a random picture of Russel Wilson to keep things on track

Wow. That's unreal. I miss living in Florida and getting the play Christmas tournaments. Those were the days...

Back
Top Bottom