MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

Thing is, who can we sell that we won't miss next year?

Castillo might be the only one. Maybe Livan to a team that needs pitching, but I see that happening in August via waivers and I wouldn't count him asselling.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Thing is, who can we sell that we won't miss next year?

Castillo might be the only one. Maybe Livan to a team that needs pitching, but I see that happening in August via waivers and I wouldn't count him as selling.
The Mets should sell, doesn't mean they will sell anything they have,
roll.gif

They shouldn't be buying anything, that is for sure. The positive for Mets fans is that they will not crush your hearts by collapsing in September. Thinkof this as a lost season. There is no point in trading some young prospects, for someone that is about to become a free agent (Washburn), when you can get himfor nothing in the off season. There is no way that the Mets will catch the Phillies, they are playing out of their mind right now. They wont even catch theMarlins or Braves that are ahead of them.

I love the Garko pickup for the Giants... gave up a good prospect though but its all good we have plenty of arms in the minors. one more bat after garko andwe are set to make a nice run. otherwise we still dont have enough hitting.

I'm down for the Mets being buyers if its a move that benefits them in the long run.

Trading a 30 year old Church with his ceiling already reached for a 25 yr old Franceuor (who still has upside) has been a great move so far.

I'm sure they can move anasset like Castillo if they eat up 1/4 or 1/2 his contract, or Feliciano who's a very good lefty reliever.

Whatever they do, they will be straight come next season with a few moves here and there.

I'll be very interested to see what happens on Friday if the Jays are sitting there with a deal that includes either Kyle Drabek, Neftali Feliz, or someoneof that ilk and some quality filler (no other blue chips) if they've got the balls to pass on the deal...

Hold him now, and you only see his value decrease in the offseason. Like it or not, that's fact...

The Red Sox acquired Brian Anderson from the White Sox, according to David Lefort of the Boston Globe.

MLB.com's Noah Coslov says the White Sox received Mark Kotsay and cash from the Red Sox for Anderson.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ys-tradebuzz072809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Yahoo's Gordon Edes reports that the Red Sox offered Clay Buchholz, Michael Bowden and Ryan Westmoreland to the Blue Jays for Halladay.
Edes says Daniel Bard and Casey Kelly "have been declared off-limits by the Red Sox." And while the Dodgers deem Clayton Kershaw untouchable, they've at least discussed internally the possibility of moving Chad Billingsley.

Brian Anderson couldn't hit Stevie Wonder in a phone booth. He's a pinch-runner/defensive replacement.

Just a reminder: all of the trades that have officially taken place are listed on the bottom of the original post.

Mets are making their move

Bart Hubbuch, in a post to Twitter, is reporting that the Mets have signed former Reds pitcher Adam Pettyjohn to a minor league contract and assigned him toTriple-A Buffalo.

Via Metsblog.

LOL.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Brian Anderson couldn't hit Stevie Wonder in a phone booth. He's a pinch-runner/defensive replacement.
i don't get what was accomplished by swapping him and kotsay.

apparently anderson wants to be an everyday player....good luck with that, chief
laugh.gif

According to WEEI, the Red Sox are close to a trade that would send Cliff Lee to Boston for a package of Michael Bowden, Josh Reddick, and one more prospect.

sick.gif

If that's all it's gonna take, where are the Rangers? They could match that without including one of the Big Four...

And you gotta think that'll pretty much dead the Jays' hopes of landing two real premium prospects...

laugh.gif
False report, apparently...

I was about to say... That woulda been a terrible deal for Cleveland...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
False report, apparently...

I was about to say... That woulda been a terrible deal for Cleveland...

laugh.gif
i guess someone hacked into WEEI's twitter account

Jays reportedly told the Rangers it would take Holland, Smoak, and Julio Borbon for Halladay...

That trio absolutely blows every other offer they've gotten or been rumored to be seeking right out of the water...

Gordon Edes at Yahoo has a pretty big update on the discussions. It appears the Red Sox have amped up their efforts to obtain the Doc, and they're willing to include Buchholz, one of Lars Anderson, Justin Masterson or Michael Bowden, and lesser prospects to fill out the rest of the offer.

Lars and Clay is real close to the Rangers, hopefully the Yanks catch wind of this and start a bidding war.
laugh.gif

Riccardi needs to accept that so the Rangers can turn their focus to Cliff.

I should have more faith in Mark Shapiro, but I really anticipate us getting a B-grade Phillies package.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Gordon Edes at Yahoo has a pretty big update on the discussions. It appears the Red Sox have amped up their efforts to obtain the Doc, and they're willing to include Buchholz, one of Lars Anderson, Justin Masterson or Michael Bowden, and lesser prospects to fill out the rest of the offer.
Lars and Clay is real close to the Rangers, hopefully the Yanks catch wind of this and start a bidding war.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

MLB.com's Todd Zolecki gives a rundown of the Phillies' leanings toward Lee. Yahoo's Gordon Edes says that recent Phillies call-up Kyle Kendrick is "one of the pieces expected" to head to the Indians should the Phils commit to obtaining Lee.
Oh Jesus Christ.

He better be the fifth piece out of five.

Back
Top Bottom