modern men haircuts..

What's a good cut for someone with a round head?

I've been rocking short hair since highschool - Been rocking 5 on top and a 0 low fade

Looking to grow my hair a little but not sure what style to go with 

I've been rocking short hair since highschool - Been rocking 5 on top and a 0 low fade

Comb over would be the simple answer.

Classic cut that fits almost anyone

How often you guys getting cut?

I'm on a two week cycle smh. Thick Asian hair. It literally grows straight out on the sides

I'm at every 4 weeks right now, but I should be going every 2-3..My hair seems to grow faster in the summer and after a week or two I feel like I should be heading back to the barber..

How often you guys getting cut?

I'm on a two week cycle smh. Thick Asian hair. It literally grows straight out on the sides
After I get a haircut, the first week is all good. Second week it's hit or miss. After the 2nd week it still looks okay styled but looks like crap unstyled so I go and get a haircut.

I get the sides faded down to a .5, and by the third week the sides are usually back to being covered completely by hair.

Last edited:
I usually do my own version of the Ronaldo. 2 on the sides with a taper. Scissor and shears on top with a parting line.

2 grows in so fast I might actually go 1-1.5 next time

I got that fast growing, puffy Asian hair too. I'm going to start cutting my own hair. A 3 guard around the ears and neck area then scissor trim everything else.

Comb over would be the simple answer.

Classic cut that fits almost anyone

Too many dudes rock the comb over these days. Dont think itll suit me anyways

Rock the slick back and feel like robert de niro. Or use a blowdryer and get a pompadour.

Last edited:
my hair is getting slightly too long on top and i'm losing the volume and height on it.

When i leave the house its fine, but it starts to fall and part an hour or two into my day.

Is there a product that helps keep it up? Or would i have to trim the top to keep that volume ?

Also, what do you dudes use when playin sports? My hair falls completely down after 10 minutes of pick up ball lol. I aint tryin to use no headband either.  

Last edited:
I have long, black curly hair.

Very similar (if not identical) to Kit Harington AKA Jon Snow

Have been rocking this mane for about 2 years now.

I never cared for it like I should have but now I've done a little research & am ready for the curls to reach their full potential 
smokin.gif

I have long, black curly hair.

Very similar (if not identical) to Kit Harington AKA Jon Snow

View media item 1639001

Have been rocking this mane for about 2 years now.

I never cared for it like I should have but now I've done a little research & am ready for the curls to reach their full potential :smokin

How do you plan to tap this potential though.

I should be able to do it as I grow my hair further. Slightly less curly but if I can do better tell me how

Been using that new layrite cement. I love/hate it though. I like the hold and matte look but its a pain putting on since its clay like especially when hairs not damp.

I should be able to do it as I grow my hair further. Slightly less curly but if I can do better tell me how
Since my hair is very similar to his, I will be implementing this advice/regimen that the GoT hair stylist says he uses on Kit for the show:

http://www.esquire.com/style/grooming/a34722/how-to-get-jon-snows-hair/

Also some basic things I do is I don't use shampoo anymore.

For people with curly hair especially, shampoo dries your hair out way too much. I've been sticking to solely conditioner for at least over a month now.

I use leave-in conditioner (specific for curly/wavy/unruly hair) as well because my hair gets mad frizzy if I don't. 

Gonna stop using that though when I try the wax+putty combo suggested to see which of the two I like better. 

Last edited:
For you guys who part or combover your hair, is the length up top supposed to be longer from where it parts??? I part my hair from right to left, and my barber kept the right side hella longer compared to the left.

Last edited:
For you guys who part or combover your hair, is the length up top supposed to be longer from where it parts??? I part my hair from right to left, and my barber kept the right side hella longer compared to the left.
yah its supposed to be like that.

yah its supposed to be like that.

Cool just wondering. It was my first time trying the combover look and it was a bit odd for me to get used to. I just always thought naturally that the length up top was the same all around for folks that parted their hair.

Since my hair is very similar to his, I will be implementing this advice/regimen that the GoT hair stylist says he uses on Kit for the show:

http://www.esquire.com/style/grooming/a34722/how-to-get-jon-snows-hair/

Also some basic things I do is I don't use shampoo anymore.

For people with curly hair especially, shampoo dries your hair out way too much. I've been sticking to solely conditioner for at least over a month now.

I use leave-in conditioner (specific for curly/wavy/unruly hair) as well because my hair gets mad frizzy if I don't. 

Gonna stop using that though when I try the wax+putty combo suggested to see which of the two I like better. 
dang a lot to take in. 

I was thinking about the no shampoo thing... or maybe just once a week or so. I've definitely cut out a lot. 

The wax putty combo... any recommendations on brands that go well together? i'll def try this once my hair gets a bit longer. its just a half inch past my ears

dang a lot to take in. 

I was thinking about the no shampoo thing... or maybe just once a week or so. I've definitely cut out a lot. 

The wax putty combo... any recommendations on brands that go well together? i'll def try this once my hair gets a bit longer. its just a half inch past my ears
Yeah once a week is totally fine IMO.

I'm a bit of an extremist when I decide to do something, hence the no shampoo at all 
laugh.gif

There's also gentle shampoos w/o the harsh chemicals that strip away your hair's natural oils.

I'm yet to try the wax+putty combo so I'm of no help regarding that at the moment.

This is the leave-in conditioner I use though:

man i just got a awful haircut, just had to air it out, not so much the haircut but what i asked for

at the end of the haircut i wanted him to shape up the right side of my hair, just to make it even with the left, i told him just a little

i just hear buzzzzzzz and im like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me, i didnt even want to look at the mirror, i just told him i need to go in a bit so he can hurry up, walked out with my head down, my right side looks sharp as hell but it's pushed back a least 1/6 of an inch

the man did everything good and then ****** up the simple request, damn did i get pissed driving home too, still paid him though, like a *****, man i really wanted to just leave after i heard that buzz

sorry just had to vent

Last edited:
man i just got a awful haircut, just had to air it out, not so much the haircut but what i asked for

at the end of the haircut i wanted him to shape up the right side of my hair, just to make it even with the left, i told him just a little

i just hear buzzzzzzz and im like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me, i didnt even want to look at the mirror, i just told him i need to go in a bit so he can hurry up, walked out with my head down, my right side looks sharp as hell but it's pushed back a least 1/6 of an inch

the man did everything good and then ****** up the simple request, damn did i get pissed driving home too, still paid him though, like a *****, man i really wanted to just leave after i heard that buzz

sorry just had to vent

man I feel you b :smh:

My baber cocky af, dudes like 'Don't say a word, I know what you want'

Back
Top Bottom