Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

Have y’all ever done an elimination diet? If so, how did you start?

Silly question but I’m legit stumped at how I should begin.

There is no greater pain in this world than the pain of being the guy that’s playing like TRASH on your rec league team. Got me walking to my car after the game like
IMG_4050.gif
“Let’em shoot!” As soon as you get the ball is soul crushing

Have y’all ever done an elimination diet? If so, how did you start?

Silly question but I’m legit stumped at how I should begin.

i haven’t but when i was heavy on learning about fasting, nutrients, & supplements i looked into it, you basically start with only eating whole foods that you know work for you/make you actually feel good…this required an amount of experimentation i wasn’t willing to invest time into tho

you basically would want to figure out what those foods are by fasting for a few days (water only) then break the fast w/a simple food like bone broth then reintroduce a singular food type, typically a protein like beef, chicken, fish, pork, etc. and monitor how that you respond to that food, if cool keep it the reintroduce another, rinse & repeat…

it’s a bit simplified, but the tricky thing is that there are also foods that might be cool individually but when combined with another food/foods are stressors so you kinda have to be diligent in how attuned you are to this by being pretty aware of how you reintroduce foods

i haven’t but when i was heavy on learning about fasting, nutrients, & supplements i looked into it, you basically start with only eating whole foods that you know work for you/make you actually feel good…this required an amount of experimentation i wasn’t willing to invest time into tho

you basically would want to figure out what those foods are by fasting for a few days (water only) then break the fast w/a simple food like bone broth then reintroduce a singular food type, typically a protein like beef, chicken, fish, pork, etc. and monitor how that you respond to that food, if cool keep it the reintroduce another, rinse & repeat…

it’s a bit simplified, but the tricky thing is that there are also foods that might be cool individually but when combined with another food/foods are stressors so you kinda have to be diligent in how attuned you are to this by being pretty aware of how you reintroduce foods

Thanks for the informative post. I figured the water fast is how I should start, but the entire process sounds very intimidating.

Friend went through an elimination diet after getting really bad stomach cramps and hive outbreaks out of nowhere. Developed a protein allergy and can’t eat beef without meds. Even then its still dicey.

Thanks for the informative post. I figured the water fast is how I should start, but the entire process sounds very intimidating.

if you do really think you might want to try to do this you could start a bit easier by getting some lab work done, i think there are even some test that might give you recommendations for what things you could be sensitive to and would help you with supplementation because it is easy to miss out on a bunch of macro & micro nutrients w/eliminating foods

Friend went through an elimination diet after getting really bad stomach cramps and hive outbreaks out of nowhere. Developed a protein allergy and can’t eat beef without meds. Even then its still dicey.
Damn
I’ve heard that can happen after getting bit by a tick

Officially jiu jitsu brace guy :smh: Either that or just give up on shooting for take downs and stick with old man moves

1000017953.jpg

You taping all your fingers yet??

Ain't enough tape in the world. :smh: Every single joint in my fingers is swollen.

1000017995.jpg

My wife doesn't understand how I continue to train when I've been limping around the house. A combination of being loose, heat, warm ups and adrenaline makes things hurt less when you're on the mat. Then you pay for it when you get home.

Last edited:
Ain't enough tape in the world. :smh: Every single joint in my fingers is swollen.

1000017995.jpg

My wife doesn't understand how I continue to train when I've been limping around the house. A combination of being loose, heat, warm ups and adrenaline makes things hurt less when you're on the mat. Then you pay for it when you get home.

You're in the trenches now mayne :lol:

I think advanced white/blue belt is the most difficult phase of the training arc.

So if you make it through to purple there's a very good chance you will get to black belt.

You're in the trenches now mayne :lol:

I think advanced white/blue belt is the most difficult phase of the training arc.

So if you make it through to purple there's a very good chance you will get to black belt.

Every purple belt in my gym seems so relaxed. :lol: dudes be strolling in late. Chilling. Pretending to be the coach.

Back
Top Bottom