Monopoly is back at McD's

Didn't see a thread so I decided to create one.

I've already racked up Marvin Gardens and Atlantic Ave. If anybody has Ventnor I'd be willing to go half on the $20,000 prize.

Yo real talk, if someone on here wants to go in on this together, I got a mcD's right up the street and usually i go and scoop up a bunch of value meals and pass them out at the shelter and keep the pieces. If your srs let me know.

I don't eat McDonald's often, but I'll go to the one on campus to get some things every now and then when I'm in a rush and would be willing to split with any of the NT Fam :smokin :nerd:

People should post pics or something to know they're srs if they actually wanna split...

We've tried this almost every year here on NT, and I've yet to see a winner come from it on here.

Most I've won was free food and that's it.

I never win anything but food either. I went today and won an ice cream cone and gave it to some homeless dude waiting outside the door

When will you guys learn that there is always 1 piece for every set that is extremely hard to get.

EX There is a 1/5 chance of getting piece #1 and there is a 1/9 chance for piece #2 but the 3rd piece is a 1/9,478,290 chance. No one in their right mind would partner up with anyone if they had the 3rd piece. It would be way more beneficial if they spend that $20 on 18 hashbrowns or large drink to get that piece himself.

How does this work though? I remember reading the terms and conditions and it stated if you complete the pieces for example boardwalk and park place, you are eligible for a CHANCE to win the prize...

Can anyone give some insight? Wouldn't there be alot of winners if everyone got together and split?

When will you guys learn that there is always 1 piece for every set that is extremely hard to get.

EX There is a 1/5 chance of getting piece #1 and there is a 1/9 chance for piece #2 but the 3rd piece is a 1/9,478,290 chance. No one in their right mind would partner up with anyone if they had the 3rd piece. It would be way more beneficial if they spend that $20 on 18 hashbrowns or large drink to get that piece himself.

This.

Do you understand that McDonald's legally only has to make 1 of a piece to make this a contest.

i believe McDonald doesn't have any involvement in the contest. they hire a contractor to do it for them. back in 2000 the contractor was caught stealing $24 million in prizes.

Got a quarter pounder

I remember about 13 years ago when the game was new. My friend and I went hard. We would walk down the street to the closes McDonalds and ask people for their pieces. If some one threw their pieces in the trash we would go dig them up. I had every single piece except for 1 on every prize.

I think they give out more food today then back then but after that I never really tried. I literally spend hours upon hours hunting for pieces. I probably gained a couple pounds from the frrebies but damn you mcDonalds... Damn you

laugh.gif
 every year.. same thread and idea. To split the prizes and/or money... and people always have to be reminded that one piece is the set is the rare one, so there's no incentive to share if you have that rare piece.

Yeah it's hard looking for that last piece but to say there's no incentive to partner up doesn't apply to everybody. I really would go half if I had boardwalk and the other guy had park place. Why? It's not rocket science, that's $500k I didn't have 2 seconds ago. Reasonable would go half, greedy people wouldn't. Zzz is more than reasonable, dude only wants $1000 :tongue:

come one people should know by now it's a waste of time. (except if you win a free food item)

Why would you team up to get a prize? There's usually only one piece that's rare from each colour.

If someone finds Ventnor, they pretty much won the money. The others will come easy. It always ends up you have all but one piece for everything.

Atlantic Avenue (#335), Ventnor Avenue (#336), Marvin Gardens (#337) (6 Prizes): $100,000 cash.

Ventnor Avenue is rare. Finding rare Ventnor Ave has odds of 1 in 103,017,700.

Source: http://contests.about.com/b/2011/09...-2011-which-2011-monopoly-pieces-are-rare.htm

I think McD's changes which piece is rare from year to year though. That link is from last year.

might as well spend money on mega millions, at least buying those wont give you heart disease and diabetes.

Back
Top Bottom