MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

Zilla won twice. Kong 0.

1617243686433.gif

Just finished
SPOILERS ( KINDA)

was expecting a post credit image like the previous movies but nah
mecha Godzilla had a really cool design, still confused as to how a robot became all of a sudden operating by itself,

action was too quick, shoulda been longer

IMO 8 maybe 9/10

I wonder how much they spent on the actual humans, cause a lot of them looked familiar as hell

and the only one of em worth a damn was the little girl, they need to let her take eleven’s spot

she did the best of all of em which is impressive given she was the youngest and she’s actually deaf

liked it .now I wonder what the next movie where the next one will go. also is this a Godzilla movie or kong movie ?

Bruh when kong got that axe he was whipping zilla, forgot how he went down and passed out

I always thought this Godzillas atomic breath was limited, in the movie it seemed like he had an infinite amount

yea was always a build up previously and it was a short burst weapon

but they had dude letting that shhh fly

i assumed the first Godzilla we saw was a fake just based on how much he was letting that thing go

Movie was super fun to watch..Action and CGI were very very good..Story was awful..Eleven, her dad, the fat kid from Deadpool, and the podcast guy were all 1000% unnecessary to the film..Deaf girl's storyline was weak..The overall story of the last Godzilla movie was much better than GvK..Ending on a "bro nod" was kinda lame..

6/8 at best..

Just finished
SPOILERS ( KINDA)

was expecting a post credit image like the previous movies but nah
mecha Godzilla had a really cool design, still confused as to how a robot became all of a sudden operating by itself,

action was too quick, shoulda been longer

IMO 8 maybe 9/10

Came in here to ask that:lol:

But yeah, I wish MechaGodzilla got some more time to shine first instead of just being a consolation prize for Kong to save face. They could’ve added that time for him while they were getting back from Middle Earth but nope, G just blew a shortcut for them and said come through.

This joint was cool. Would've liked some more fighting.

Godzilla beat Kong without the axe but Kong beat the **** out Zilla with that axe in his hand. Damn.

Mecha was the one though. Dont know how that telepathy with Gidorah's corpse worked but he was wrecking them.

Honestly too many humans in this.

Also in the end should've been a post credit scene teasing that there's another titan somewhere hidden away sleeping in the center of the earth right around where Kong is thinking he got a new home.

5.5/8

Movie was ok, but they def did fan service. Kong was the hero, but gojira was clearly the alpha. So in the end fans of either walked out with something. I think KOTM was the best in the gojira’s trilogy.

Enjoyed the movie, didn’t think the win would be that convincing but it made sense.

That Hollow Earth scene made me think about this:

A0101BB8-F766-4883-8CBF-AFE611CE35C3.jpeg

It was 2-1 Godzilla.
When the guy said “Kong won round 2” that fight wasn’t over. It ended with kongs arm broken and him needing defibrillation :rofl:

Agreed with the human subplots, just kinda janky in the writing. Needed a power source but just needed to download it?

Anyway, how this movie ended up better than Batman V Superman is absolutely mind boggling :lol:

Last edited:
liked it .now I wonder what the next movie where the next one will go. also is this a Godzilla movie or kong movie ?

I felt like it was more of a Kong movie. Godzilla was used sparingly and it ended up being the perfect amount of screentime for him, even if Kong got more minutes and “character development.”

Since the Hollow Earth has been exposed to the rest of the world I can see where they have "Titans" rise from somewhere now that they sense the existence of G and Kong. Next movie could easily be a combination of various 1v1 and 2v2 and I'd happily be in theaters risking it all, especially after realizing last night really how amazing GvK could've been on a huge screen with sound blasting.

Since the Hollow Earth has been exposed to the rest of the world I can see where they have "Titans" rise from somewhere now that they sense the existence of G and Kong. Next movie could easily be a combination of various 1v1 and 2v2 and I'd happily be in theaters risking it all, especially after realizing last night really how amazing GvK could've been on a huge screen with sound blasting.

thats how i felt too. Movie would have been a whole different vibe in theaters.

After we watched it i was like damn i bet this **** would've been even better in the theaters

Watching it the comfort of my own home was cool too tho

Back
Top Bottom