Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story....

just watched this last night....

i really don't see how people bash this man...

the movie damn near made me cry, b.

that dude is a real american, yo, forreal....

thoughts/comments?

just watched this last night....

i really don't see how people bash this man...

the movie damn near made me cry, b.

that dude is a real american, yo, forreal....

thoughts/comments?

Save your tears.

Michael Moore pontificating on Capitalism has about as much credibility as David Duke opining on Black History

Save your tears.

Michael Moore pontificating on Capitalism has about as much credibility as David Duke opining on Black History

Originally Posted by stateofsingularity

Save your tears.

did you watch the movie or are you salty about mike moore?

Save your tears.

did you watch the movie or are you salty about mike moore?

Save your tears.

laugh.gif

I see what you're saying. Although I disagree with Moore politically, I kinda' like the old boy. He's got stones, can't deny that.

Save your tears.

laugh.gif

I see what you're saying. Although I disagree with Moore politically, I kinda' like the old boy. He's got stones, can't deny that.

I've watched all of his work except Sicko and Capitalism.

I am not "salty" about anyone, but I disagree with his (uninformed) views on Capitalism.

Now let me ask you: respectfully, what do you know about Capitalism?

Before diving headfirst into Moore's Kool Aid, I'd suggest boning up on your Mises, Rothbard, A. Smith, and other REAL economists

I've watched all of his work except Sicko and Capitalism.

I am not "salty" about anyone, but I disagree with his (uninformed) views on Capitalism.

Before diving headfirst into Moore's Kool Aid, I'd suggest boning up on your Mises, Rothbard, A. Smith, and other REAL economists

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Save your tears.

laugh.gif

Certainly. I can respect his gall, and he does have the saving virtue of being consistent, if one overlooks a glaring inconsistency: the fact that he is a millionaire several times over thanks to the free market system he is constantly slandering.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Save your tears.

laugh.gif

Certainly. I can respect his gall, and he does have the saving virtue of being consistent, if one overlooks a glaring inconsistency: the fact that he is a millionaire several times over thanks to the free market system he is constantly slandering.

free market free market, capitalism is pure and gods gift because its perfect in everyway...free market

oops, we bankrupted 150 year old banks....ooops....we made billions in the process...ooops

i have 700 million dollars in the bank, yet, im asking to be bailed out....oops

oh, free market, until we fail on gambling, then we become the biggest welfare recipients in human history

lol, alot of repubs and salty whites talk about black and hispanic welfare cases and how its unjust that these lazy people just sit there and get food stamps and section 8

meanwhile, a dude who just caused a 150 year old bank that survived the great depression to fail, he's getting a billion-dollar handout....mind you, he and his upper management buddies all make well over a 100 million....

it was awesome. give us welfare....

we are personally worth as much as the government needs to give us to save these banks

and these were my thoughts BEFORE seeing this film....

moore nailed it.....seriously.

i saw ++%+ on there i've never seen in my life...

he has video of Roosevelt introducing a secondary bill of rights?

that's not amazing to you?

that black people were supposed to be given equal rights back in the 1930s?

women too?

seriously?

that's not powerful to you? you don't feel swindled?

i feel swindled.

hate moore if you want, but this film inspired me...

to either leave this country or man up and be a REAL american.

free market free market, capitalism is pure and gods gift because its perfect in everyway...free market

oops, we bankrupted 150 year old banks....ooops....we made billions in the process...ooops

i have 700 million dollars in the bank, yet, im asking to be bailed out....oops

oh, free market, until we fail on gambling, then we become the biggest welfare recipients in human history

lol, alot of repubs and salty whites talk about black and hispanic welfare cases and how its unjust that these lazy people just sit there and get food stamps and section 8

meanwhile, a dude who just caused a 150 year old bank that survived the great depression to fail, he's getting a billion-dollar handout....mind you, he and his upper management buddies all make well over a 100 million....

it was awesome. give us welfare....

we are personally worth as much as the government needs to give us to save these banks

and these were my thoughts BEFORE seeing this film....

moore nailed it.....seriously.

i saw ++%+ on there i've never seen in my life...

he has video of Roosevelt introducing a secondary bill of rights?

that's not amazing to you?

that black people were supposed to be given equal rights back in the 1930s?

women too?

seriously?

that's not powerful to you? you don't feel swindled?

i feel swindled.

hate moore if you want, but this film inspired me...

to either leave this country or man up and be a REAL american.

that greed and exploitation run rampant in it.....

am i wrong?

i also know that capitalism is not appropriate for every arena...

education, healthcare, public service, legal system......these things should not be run for profit....

why should they be run for profit?

the more a company is about the buck, and for-profit, the worse the overall product becomes...

mcdonalds is efficent. they make a cheap, tasty burger and they make absurd amounts of money off of it...

that's fine, free market...

HOWEVER, mcdonalds is basically FDA-approved poison....

Walmart, uber successful.....why? they pay their workers barely anything....overwork them...and, thanks to mike moore, i now know that they take out life insurance on their employees....and actually benefit from their deaths...i wondered why the greeters at walmart were always extremely old or crippled...

its about the bottom line.....anything else is unimportant. that's called greed, sir. a synonym for that? capitalism.

dude who cured polo gave the vaccination away for free.....they asked who owned the patent on the cure...he said "the people. you cant put a patent on the sun"

had he been a capitalist fetishist, he woulda sold the vaccine and STILL been getting paid for it.....and millions of people woulda suffered.

NCLB is a $@+$%!$ joke, and it's basically capitalism injected into our school system....

"oh, your school is failing, we wont be giving you any funds....in fact, you're a terrible school, we're going to cut your funds"

not that the population is so low, no, its the failing school....so instead of HELPING these schools, they're failing.....let them fail...

(no bailout for schools in the hood, tho, right? that's not very capitalist, huh?)

meanwhile, in suburbia, the populations of children they're getting in are already at or above grade level...

these teachers, while doing their jobs and maybe just as good as the hood teachers, recieve BONUS CHECKS because their kids are passing their tests.....kids that would have passed the tests anyway.....good or bad teacher aside....

then they even have a way for you to take more of the public school system's funding away....we will give you a government voucher to send your kid to private school.....lol...you can literally take a check away from the public school system, paid for by the government, and give it to a private school...

roll.gif

i mean, its free market.....the children and parents pick where they wanna go...

eyes.gif

that's capitalism, no?

you prolly work on wall st., tho, right?

much like democracy, capitalism, in its purist form, as theory, IS the best way to operate....

HOWEVER

human nature and the evil that men do corrupt the system, just like democracy.

but i don't know what im talking about, i drink mike moore kool-aid...

am i wrong?

i also know that capitalism is not appropriate for every arena...

education, healthcare, public service, legal system......these things should not be run for profit....

why should they be run for profit?

the more a company is about the buck, and for-profit, the worse the overall product becomes...

mcdonalds is efficent. they make a cheap, tasty burger and they make absurd amounts of money off of it...

that's fine, free market...

HOWEVER, mcdonalds is basically FDA-approved poison....

Walmart, uber successful.....why? they pay their workers barely anything....overwork them...and, thanks to mike moore, i now know that they take out life insurance on their employees....and actually benefit from their deaths...i wondered why the greeters at walmart were always extremely old or crippled...

its about the bottom line.....anything else is unimportant. that's called greed, sir. a synonym for that? capitalism.

dude who cured polo gave the vaccination away for free.....they asked who owned the patent on the cure...he said "the people. you cant put a patent on the sun"

had he been a capitalist fetishist, he woulda sold the vaccine and STILL been getting paid for it.....and millions of people woulda suffered.

NCLB is a $@+$%!$ joke, and it's basically capitalism injected into our school system....

"oh, your school is failing, we wont be giving you any funds....in fact, you're a terrible school, we're going to cut your funds"

not that the population is so low, no, its the failing school....so instead of HELPING these schools, they're failing.....let them fail...

(no bailout for schools in the hood, tho, right? that's not very capitalist, huh?)

meanwhile, in suburbia, the populations of children they're getting in are already at or above grade level...

these teachers, while doing their jobs and maybe just as good as the hood teachers, recieve BONUS CHECKS because their kids are passing their tests.....kids that would have passed the tests anyway.....good or bad teacher aside....

then they even have a way for you to take more of the public school system's funding away....we will give you a government voucher to send your kid to private school.....lol...you can literally take a check away from the public school system, paid for by the government, and give it to a private school...

roll.gif

i mean, its free market.....the children and parents pick where they wanna go...

eyes.gif

that's capitalism, no?

you prolly work on wall st., tho, right?

much like democracy, capitalism, in its purist form, as theory, IS the best way to operate....

HOWEVER

human nature and the evil that men do corrupt the system, just like democracy.

but i don't know what im talking about, i drink mike moore kool-aid...

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

am i wrong?
First of all, tell me: do you know of any system that is free of greed or exploitation? Is greed/exploitation unique to Capitalism?

am i wrong?
First of all, tell me: do you know of any system that is free of greed or exploitation? Is greed/exploitation unique to Capitalism?

am i wrong?

You're dead wrong...

am i wrong?

You're dead wrong...

Originally Posted by rashi

am i wrong?

You're dead wrong...

yet, ole boy above you said "that's not unique to capitalism"

but, im dead wrong...

roll.gif

yo, if you work for wall street or youre a finance major, just stay free of this thread

excersize your right to a capitalist NT board and use your ability to make a choice on the free market to go to another thread.

im asking you to comment on the film.

if you havent seen it, beat it.

am i wrong?

You're dead wrong...

but, im dead wrong...

roll.gif

yo, if you work for wall street or youre a finance major, just stay free of this thread

excersize your right to a capitalist NT board and use your ability to make a choice on the free market to go to another thread.

am i wrong?

You're dead wrong...

but, im dead wrong...

roll.gif

Why?

Thats a very insecure stance.

eNPHAN wrote:

but, im dead wrong...

roll.gif

So you want people to comment on the film, but not it's subject matter?
??

lol, dude released a memo from citibank where they refer to a way to take over the world. how the top 1 percent owns more wealth than the bottom 95 percent put together...

the only reason it works is because people think they will one day be in the top 1% if they work hard enough

and they said, in the memo, the only way this plan won't work....is if people revolt....

because in democracy, one vote is one vote....and they outnumber us....

this was literally in a memo that was printed and distributed.

walmart called the employees they took life insurance out for....dead peasants.....

lol

but thats not cause they're capitalist.....just because they're heartless...

has nothing to do with capitalism....lol

Back
Top Bottom