More OG Nike Print Ads from late 80s and early 90s...PICS!

Apparently my post from yesterday was just the tip of the iceberg...If you liked those OG Trainer SC Bo Jackson print ads, you'll really like these...

Some of these are still on the walls of my bedroom in the house I grew up in...and others are in a paper file...

Obviously I was big into Nike way back then...enough to cut all these ads out of magazines like Sports Illustrated, Runner's World, etc, etc..Who knew that20 years later I'd still have an obssession for kicks..

Enjoy!

Not sure why some of these are sideways...but it's pissing me off!

Huarache Ad

Trainer Max 91

Wheaties and Nike did a collab box cover with four posters...I got 3 of the 4...and peep the low AJ II on Mike!

Posters are 22 x 16...and obviously the inspiration for Retro Cards some 15 years later

Nike needs to retro the Air Play asap

OG Tech Challenge II ad

Air Structure 91

Air Pressure (!)

Air Flight Lite II

Air Flight 90 and Air Force STS

Nolan Ryan Trainer

Mr. Robin's Neightborhood and the Air Command Force (The real Billy Hoyles!)

Air Mowabb

Mike Powell Trainer

The Lightest Shoe on Earth (at least circa 1992)

Jerry Rice Trainer

Huarache

Revolution (one of my favorite ads ever)

Huarache double page

Cheerios Trainer

Carlton Fisk Trainer

Nike needs to retro the Air Force V asap (especially the all black that Larry Johnson and Stacy Augmon rocked at UNLV)

Air Jordan V and Best On Earth from '88

Barry Sanders Trainer (this guy was the best running back ever...no contest...he literally couldn't be tackled by one person)

Huarache Trainer and Basketball

Wasn't Barkley the best Nike spokesperson ever?

Air 180

And now two of my favorite print ads of ALL TIME...

This might seemed played out today...but when this first came out, it was pure crack...it didn't hurt that the IVs lived up to the hype

And this is just genius...simple and to the point...two classic sneakers in dope, groundbreaking colors that still break necks 20 years after releasing...asthe ad asks "What more could you want?"

Nostalgia
pimp.gif

dang i forgot about half of the ads. i do havethe nolan rayan trainers too small for me now but nice to see a shoe i own in an ad.

I remember those ads like yesterday. I was upset, I bought like 15 boxes of Wheaties to get all 4 posters and only ended with 3 of them. My mom made meeat Wheaties for every meal for a month
tired.gif
. Thats the reason why Idon't eat Wheaties today
roll.gif
. The under the rim view, white cement 3poster was my favorite! Great stuff! This is true Nike right here. There isn't really good advertisement today. I was thinking to myself, LarryFitzgerald should get a signature shoe with a crazy commercial for this season. The last great ad before the puppets and the LeBrons, was that Michael VickExperience commercial. I can still hear that boy yelling, then flipping to score a TD
pimp.gif
! I love Nike!

yoooooooo
you brought back memories. I sthink I still have alot of this stuff in my moms garage...unless she threw it away

I remember in 8th grade I was dying to be a shoe designer. My teachers knew and one gave me this:

from then on, all my shoe drawings were like that....side, sole, and a front view. I still have some of my original drawings based off that ad.

alot of these ads put certain sneakers in proper perspective that noobz may overlook.

Back
Top Bottom