Mos Def or Phonte?

We know they both go or in but who would you choose. 
Mos Rapping>Phonte's Rapping

Phonte's Singing>Mos Singing

But i feel that Phonte is Mos Def little brother in a sense.

Overall i'm go with Mos Def though

I can get into more Phonte/ little brother songs than mos def songs so i guess I'll say Phonte...

But then again Black Star >>>>>

I can relate a lot more to Phonte, definitely listen to him more, but Mos is the better artist imo.

Phonte rocks better shows be it as Phonte or under the Foreign Exchange moniker 

Phonte has a better catalogue that Mos (yes I said it). Not taking anything away from Mos, but Mos has kind of been on a decline IMO. I'm still waiting for him to prove me wrong; where as Phonte has been consistent 

I prefer Phonte.

Black On Both Sides was
pimp.gif
though...

...i know ive posted this story twice before. but this is by far one of my favorite behind the music type stories.

[h2]Bilal[/h2]

the story of sometimes

thanksgiving.
we decided due to deadline and the only time i got off from touring that we will do his song that night.

we come up with nothing.

3 hours go by.

carmen comes on tv and we start clowning com who SWORE he was gonna come up in ghostwriting that jawn and star in it and maybe romance you know who.

but doctor you know who wound up staring in that film and wound up courting (if for a while) you know who from that flick.

so we was clowning him on the phone.

and then we did the ultimate.....

i started playing "umi says"

james started playing "bills bills bills"

and bilal started singing about how mos stole com's fire, role and girl.

--then we was onto something 7 minutes in.

i told engineer run the 2 inch tape.

and then song is as is you hear it on tape.

he fixed about 4 lines....but he freestyled most of that !$%$. 

Originally Posted by Bush Man 2002

Phonte just off the strength of his songs I can relate to and have been through those situations

Yeah he hits close to home for me on so many tracks...Mos not so much. Both are great in their own right though, but my nod goes to Phonte.  

Back
Top Bottom