Most creative nba scoring player ever....

Manu Ginobili got this. He just does so many odd things and always ends up getting the ball through the hoop.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by young718chris

I'll say Mike because of the fact that he can literally play any position. Plus he's the most determined player I've ever seen in the NBA. He'll find a way to break down his opponent any way possible. Like when people doubted him on his shooting; he proved them wrong through his determination.

Mike can play any position?

I don't think he's ever played center.

I don't mean he has played the position. But I'm 100% sure that he could due to his competitiveness.

bking-thumb.jpg

D-Wade for me...He just makes some crazy shots
Man, i dont know. He has mad game, but he can just get to the free throw line at will. I dont know if i would consider him most creative

As far as active players, no one can find more different ways to get the ball in hoop than Antawn Jamison.

People are saying Kobe and MJ, but those guys scored the majortiy of their points in very traditional/non-creative ways.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

D-Wade for me...He just makes some crazy shots. Same with Steve Nash.

DWade is good. but his moves are just variant MJ moves.

my Shawn Marion post earlier was a joke, but if i were to answer this seriously, id put

MJ
Kobe
Dr. J
these are the, switch hand-under the rim- no look back layup kings. they pretty much perfected the move, and Mike especially to be able to do it whilehis body was on the other side of the rim. it confuses me everytime i see him do it, like, how can you be on the left side of the rim, but still be able tofinger roll it on the right side? and to make it look so smooth. its amazing to me.

1) Mike. Nough Said. The scorer in NBA history if you ask me (he would have Wilt beat for pts/game if he hadn't come back with Washington)
2) Bird. Watch him bank in the running 18 foot hook shot, against the Pistons, in the playoffs, just because he could in the vid above (he said so after thegame, he was bored). Also see the play he shoots it behind the backboard stanchion falling out of bounds.
3) Pistol. He would score no matter what. 44 pts. per game in college?! And this was not just on jumpers either, not at all, could do anything.
4) Kobe. Pure scorer, but not as strictly creative as the guys above, but none the less, his arsenal is essentially ascomplete as can possibly be.
5) Bernard King/ George Gervin. Two prototype scorers, guys who could guarantee you 30+ pts per game and make it look so smooth and easy it isn't evenfunny.

Hon Mention (Current NBA only)
- Jamison. I remember laughing one game cause there was a 3 on 1 break ans Jamison has it, Butler and Gil on the wings (last season) and without evenhesitating, this dude take a one handed running floater from the free throw line, lands, and starts running back down the court before it goes through the net.For an athletic 6'9" black man he reminds me more of those 50 year old white guys who always play pick up ball then anyone else in the league. Taking18 foot floaters, turn arounds without jumping, hook shots from the foul line, no elevation on the 3 pointer, he plays just like them.
laugh.gif

- Nash. Watch when they play Dallas next how much he likes to get switched off on Dirk so he can post him. He will end up doing 5 up-and-unders and finishingwith a lefty hook. He can do it all.
- CP3. Very unorthodox way of getting the ball in the hoop sometimes (running high glass bank shots?) but it certainly works. If his 3 point shot continues todevelop, expect a season of 27 + points.
- Amare for a big man. You might say he only dunks, but this guy has great touch around the hoop for someone his size, and he can finish after contact reallywell.

Guys can be great scorers (Melo, Dirk, Ray Allen) and not be creative. Look at Wilt, dude had no reason to be creative, and with the 3 guys I said before, youknow what your getting (Melo with a majority of midrange jumpers off of the triple threat, Dirk with some turnaround faders and pullups, lots of midrange,Allen with the 3 ball). So there is a difference between great scorer, and most creative scorer.

Nothing was traditional about MJ going to the basket, getting fouled and flippin the ball in the basket. To have that kind of body control is not traditional.

The only argument is that he did it so often that it didn't seem uncommon.

I respect everyone's opinion, but in my personal opinion it's MJ hands down. I think people see his highlights so much that they aren't impressedby them, but I found probably the best MJ highlight ever created. It has a TON of rare Jordan footage. If you have 10 minutes to spare you should definitelywatch this video and see if it doesn't change your mind.

No one talking about Gervin or Dr. J? I seen highlights and that's enough. Gervin wasn't the Iceman for nothing.

^Wow, that Brent Barry mix was crazy. Never knew he had so much skill, and the way he handled the ball reminded me so much of Scottie Pippen.

Anyways,

Watch MJ or Kobe in the post, their back-to-the-basket arsenals are amazing.

I dislike Dwade, but his drives are pretty creative. AI is nice as well.

Back
Top Bottom