Most Disappointing Video Game of 2011?

umvc3 because i played tron on point in vanilla, and yeah...
uncharted 3 did feel boring
mk9...was a step in the right direction tho, for sure.
ffXIII if that came out in 2011. i forgot, lol. anyway it was disappointing regardless.

ninja gaiden 3.. since itagaki left team ninja, this game was bound to be a screw up.. and whoever said mk9, probably sucks at it..

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

RAGE. words can't describe the anger I had when I reached the end. "Nah it can't be over this soon.... Wait that was the ending? REALLY?" *tosses game*
You shoulda played kane and lynch 2. that story was 4 hours long. And dont get me started on that level were you running around naked.

Anyone else finish Mass Effect 3 and actually LIKE the ending?

I don't know why everyone is in such an uproar about it.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

I think people are mad because they probably thought that all their decisions would've had a big effect on the ending (which was never gonna happen
laugh.gif
) and didn't so I guess I understand the dissapointment on that end. Then you have the people who just saw everyone saying that the ending was trash and just decided to jump on the bandwagon and repeat the same thing. I know some people that said that the game sucked because of the ending when they hadn't even finished the game 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Personally,I didn't mind the ending and I absolutely loved the game. It might just be my fav of this gaming generation. Def one of the darker games I've ever played though but an incredible game nonetheless.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

ninja gaiden 3.. since itagaki left team ninja, this game was bound to be a screw up.. and whoever said mk9, probably sucks at it..
NG3 came out this year, but I agree wholeheartedly about the Itagaki statement.
I'm also not looking forward to Dead or Alive 5 either.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

I think people are mad because they probably thought that all their decisions would've had a big effect on the ending which wasn't gonna happen
laugh.gif
and didn't so I guess I understand the dissapointment on that end. Then you have the people who just saw everyone saying that the ending was trash and just decided to jump on the bandwagon and repeat the same thing. I know some people that said that the game sucked because of the ending when they hadn't even finished the game 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Personally,I didn't mind the ending and I absolutely loved the game and it might be my fav of this gaming generation. Def one of the darker games I've ever played though but an incredible game nonetheless.
Yeah, I thought it was awesome and a great end to the trilogy. Bioware are looking like a bunch of suckas right now.

Spoiler [+]
Have you read about the Indoctrination Theory?

I think people are mad because they probably thought that all their decisions would've had a big effect on the ending which wasn't gonna happen
laugh.gif
and didn't so I guess I understand the dissapointment on that end. Then you have the people who just saw everyone saying that the ending was trash and just decided to jump on the bandwagon and repeat the same thing. I know some people that said that the game sucked because of the ending when they hadn't even finished the game 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Personally,I didn't mind the ending and I absolutely loved the game and it might be my fav of this gaming generation. Def one of the darker games I've ever played though but an incredible game nonetheless.
Yeah, I thought it was awesome and a great end to the trilogy. Bioware are looking like a bunch of suckas right now.

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
Yea it's pretty damn interesting and it would make a lot of sense with some of the flaws that the ending had and the way Shepard was exhibiting some of the symptoms of indoctrination like his recurring dreams and those noises Vega kept hearing. If it is true then that'd be a pretty punk move for Bioware to pull to get you to buy DLC for the "True" ending. If Shepard really was indoctrinated then all of that should've been in the ending either showing you that he's indoctrinated or him breaking free from it instead of them pulling an Inception.

2011 is probably the year in which i played the least amount of console games in probably 15 years.

Uncharted 3 was definitely disappointing.

MW3 is mediocre.

Killzone 3 wasn't on 2's level.

2012 looking to be worse. If i didn't have a lovefilm subscription i reckon i would have copped 5 games max this year.

Originally Posted by BrockBo

NCAA 12
NHL 12

sick.gif
Nhl 12 is awesome. And for the most part deserves, if not game of the year, sports game of the year. Game is too sick. Only beef I got with it is all the BS 5 minute game misconducts I get. Pisses me off.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
Yea it's pretty damn interesting and it would make a lot of sense with some of the flaws that the ending had and the way Shepard was exhibiting some of the symptoms of indoctrination like his recurring dreams and those noises Vega kept hearing. If it is true then that'd be a pretty punk move for Bioware to pull to get you to buy DLC for the "True" ending. If Shepard really was indoctrinated then all of that should've been in the ending either showing you that he's indoctrinated or him breaking free from it instead of them pulling an Inception.

The upcoming DLC is free.

To speak for us who hated the ending: At first I didnt hate the ending. But the next couple of days as I had time to think about it and the plot holes, the ambiguity, the pointlessness of the whole thing... I hated it more and more.

Spoiler [+]
To address your point about choices and the end, the ending didn't have to encompass all the decisions people made through the series, but it had to at least have had SOME impact on the ending. Absolutely NONE of the choices made at any point of the games had any effect on the ending. You had 2 choices (maybe 3), that essentially all do the same thing. You're left with the entire galaxy's military power trapped on Earth, which is decimated. Except the 3 or 4 people on the Normandy that somehow outran gigantic beams of energy traveling millions of miles per second. The whole ending was pointless, plain and simple.

I hope the indoctrination theory is true, or that something similar was happening, and that Bioware is tying that into the upcoming ending. I wholeheartedly agree that Bioware should have hinted at something a little more concrete if they take the indoctrination theory. Shepard taking 1/4 of a breath in rubble (if you even got that ending; I didnt, had to see it on a Youtube video) may have been a hint, but it's too difficult to tell. Hopefully we wont be left with such a useless end to an otherwise masterpiece of a series.

Originally Posted by ao17

^MK9>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MvC 3 and SSF4 (AE)

My list of disappointments for 2011
1) NBA 2k12
2) Gears 3 (not necessarily a bad game, it just became boring fast)
3) Saints Row 3

MK9 is better than AE??
roll.gif
roll.gif

You prefer a game with no setups, no mix ups, no crossups, no timing, no spacing, no mind games..?  Just random b*ll**** and dial-a-combo?

laugh.gif
.   I hope your trolling

I didn't even play Dead Island and NCAA 12 based off bad reviews from damn near everyone. The one game I did play (L.A. Noire) was disappointing.

I didn't buy too many games in 2011 at all.
Everyone I bought I loved.
2k12 and LA Noire were great IMO

I think people are mad because they probably thought that all their decisions would've had a big effect on the ending (which was never gonna happen
laugh.gif
) and didn't so I guess I understand the dissapointment on that end. Then you have the people who just saw everyone saying that the ending was trash and just decided to jump on the bandwagon and repeat the same thing. I know some people that said that the game sucked because of the ending when they hadn't even finished the game 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Personally,I didn't mind the ending and I absolutely loved the game. It might just be my fav of this gaming generation. Def one of the darker games I've ever played though but an incredible game nonetheless.

Man I love that game. I've played it 3 times now but the ending... You're right about the choices thing. I would have been happy if I could have
Spoiler [+]
Said F the conduit and just fight it out with the reapers and depending on how high or low your EMS was determines if you won the battle or not
Ball was just dropped on the ending. Great game overall tho.

MK9>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MvC 3 and SSF4 (AE)

5b7e47.gif

2) Gears 3 (not necessarily a bad game, it just became boring fast)

Gears 3 is the most underrated shooting game out there. I haven't played and had this much fun with a shooter since COD4 was in its prime.

Back
Top Bottom