most expensive 1 bed room apartment markets in nation ranked

Got into a text fight with our roommate this afternoon. We (my gf and I) share a 2 bedroom 2 floor condo with another girl. I’m sick of this broad can’t wait to rent out our own place.

Rent in Bay Area is so expensive that this was really our only option but am really regretting reupping the lease for another twelve months a few weeks ago.

Tried to ask her politely to stop recording all instances of shows on the DVR since it’s leaving it full and I can’t record anything. Got all combative with me over text about it. Gonna have to have a real face to face sit down and tell her it’s time to stop with the attitude or it’s time to end this forced cohabitation. She’s one of those you be considerate and she takes full advantage of the situation. Like the freezer...who fills it up with 95% their own stuff when you know there’s other people also living here.

I usually just ignore her it but tired of feeling like a guest in my own place.

“Text fight” WTF. Y’all sound very immature altogether...

im in houston and pay just over 1300 for a one bedroom apartment with 1100 sq feet
and im also able to support 2 people off my modest salary and we are eating well

people need to see the light. life is hard but it doesn't have to be that hard.
i get that you love your city...thats admirable but some of yall need to realize your city doesn't love you back

Not bad. I had to get up outta the rental space in Houston though because it was pointless. Copped a brand new pretty big crib in Houston right off the westpark tollway and pay about the same price I would of on a 1 bedroom "luxury" apartment. Its way too easy out here with all the builders and developments they got going on.

Im coming from the east coast and your right that life doesn't have to be hard. The city aint love me back so I had to get up outta there.

I don’t know what subtenant means in this context but it’s a condo in a big complex and all three of us are listed equally on the lease. We wouldn’t mind moving out. I’m not trying to screw her in any way I don’t think the relationship is that bad nor is she a terrible person. We wouldn’t mind leaving either we just signed for another year for ease. If we leave we’d obviously get our names taken off the lease (that’s doable).

I think I’m just heated and it won’t get to that cuz neither my girl nor I are very demanding. She just crossed a line with her attitude and I need to snap it back in place. She’s lost perspective on how lucky she has it with our arrangement and I want it to be clear to her cuz her little jabs and comments got my girl not feeling comfortable at home / over cleaning to appease her.

Ah I see. I meant subtenant as in if she were not on the lease at all, but instead subleasing a room through you directly as the contracted lessee. My ex just explored that situation, I pointed to her a lawyer and the lawyer just said to drop it, better off finding a new place. After 30 days as a resident it's hard to get someone out in CA.

I'm honestly tired of discussing high rent prices.

I agree with almost everything you said. The bolded is why I'm getting the **** out of here. Spent the better part of three years getting my **** right professionally and executing a plan to go virtual and 100% remote. I'm leaving the country, going to cut my COL in half or more while still caking off this Bay Area income. It's the only way I'm going to handle students loans, finally get a start on retirement, and maybe gain the prospect of owning a home in the city I grew up in one day.

“Text fight” WTF. Y’all sound very immature altogether...

I agree. We are. She draws immaturity out of me and that’s why I’m going to mature up and talk to her face to face. Had no idea it’d turn into that - was just texting her asking her to do sometin and she went all entitled spoiled girl on me

Got into a text fight with our roommate this afternoon. We (my gf and I) share a 2 bedroom 2 floor condo with another girl. I’m sick of this broad can’t wait to rent out our own place.

Rent in Bay Area is so expensive that this was really our only option but am really regretting reupping the lease for another twelve months a few weeks ago.

Tried to ask her politely to stop recording all instances of shows on the DVR since it’s leaving it full and I can’t record anything. Got all combative with me over text about it. Gonna have to have a real face to face sit down and tell her it’s time to stop with the attitude or it’s time to end this forced cohabitation. She’s one of those you be considerate and she takes full advantage of the situation. Like the freezer...who fills it up with 95% their own stuff when you know there’s other people also living here.

I usually just ignore her it but tired of feeling like a guest in my own place.
Just start deleting the oldest shows

Didn’t know people still use dvr. Most stuff is available to stream if you missed it.

Back
Top Bottom