most expensive 1 bed room apartment markets in nation ranked

you know what’s messed up.

In mn a brand new 3/4 ton will cost you 900 a year in tags. BUT if you just spend like 2 grand more and get a one ton you get special plates and pay by your gvw and tags are like 120 a year. :lol:

You save money by getting a one ton.

dumb regulations like this killed mini trucks in US.

I don’t have a mortgage. I rent a home and it’s way more bang for your buck than living in these new DC apartments. Harder to find but It’s just simply better.

I pay less now for a 3 story home with a big back yard in DC than I was paying for a one bedroom apartment in a brand new complex. If you look hard enough you can find a dope house to rent. I terminated my lease early in my last apartment because so many issues. We were 3rd people to move in and they didn’t have their **** together. Ended up having to get laywers involved.

So I’m jaded from that experience which legit seemed like a scam. The apartments look good on a tour and have good amenities but it’s all down hill once you move in. Everything cheap and breaks and so many issues with the building from rushing the construction.

You’ve seen these come outta nowhere in DC in NE, waterfront, everywhere really. They are trash man but that’s just me.
Been telling people about all these new condos getting built. They cut corners and use the cheapest materials to save money.

Idk how y’all cool with paying 1300 and up for 1 bedrooms... that’s crazy. My pops had a 3 story condo, 2 bed 2 and a half bath, 2 car garage in a suburb 15 minutes away from the city for 1150 a month.
I'm good on the burbs, besides it's about value for me. I have a 7 minute walk to work. The time I save on commuting is worth the couple hundred bucks for me a month.

Been telling people about all these new condos getting built. They cut corners and use the cheapest materials to save money.
I did the new builds a few years back.....everything all good until you move in.....my last apartment was a small 5 plex, never had rent raised and life was good.

I'm moving back into a new build due to moving to a new city, but oh well.

Idk how y’all cool with paying 1300 and up for 1 bedrooms... that’s crazy. My pops had a 3 story condo, 2 bed 2 and a half bath, 2 car garage in a suburb 15 minutes away from the city for 1150 a month.

Exactly bruh bruh. A studio/1x1 should be no more than $800......... MAYBE $900

:rolleyes

Rich white kid?

Just don't see anyone one else saying ONLY $3,500.

Congrats though.

Lol chill, black folk get long money out here too.

Bay area paying top notch rent and barely any fine broads

It's not that bad. Really just makes traveling to the cities with top tier talent like Las Vegas, Miami, and LA that much better. All that talent is imported from elsewhere in the country anyway.

folks who tell me they from LA lament da lack of variety of women vs say NYC or Toronto...so i wouldn't judge so fast.

Nah LA got stupid variety, there's a ton of different scenes but the distance and sprawl can make it feel isolated. If you go on vacation without out someone plugged in to show you around you might think it's only white women but LA got everything, local and imported too.

Last edited:
Exactly bruh bruh. A studio/1x1 should be no more than $800......... MAYBE $900
What cities ya'll living in? Not a top 30 market....can't be. 800$!?

My first apartment 6 years ago - studio in Minneapolis was 695.....Now? Good luck finding a livable studio for less than a rack here.

It's not that bad. Really just makes traveling to the cities with top tier talent like Las Vegas, Miami, and LA that much better. All that talent is imported from elsewhere in the country anyway.

Nah LA got stupid variety, there's a ton of different scenes but the distance and sprawl can make it feel isolated. If you go on vacation without out someone plugged in to show you around you might think it's only white women but LA got everything, local and imported too.[/QUOTE]
Eh I'm born and raised in the bay area and after getting a taste of other cities. It's not for me in regards to women.

Eh I'm born and raised in the bay area and after getting a taste of other cities. It's not for me in regards to women.

Nah I hear you.

I mean hell for me as a black man, it's a sad fact that the Bay Area is massive yet the vast majority of it is a non-qualifier when it comes to black women. Like what are you even supposed to do when the black population in virtually every city ranges from 2 - 6%?

But then you got Oakland who's black women and black professional class only rivaled by Atlanta and DC, plus there's every other variety under the sun. :pimp:

It goes both ways though. I generally like the personalities I encounter in my social circles. You ever tried to have a conversation with a broad from Miami? Like a real conversation?

Got into a text fight with our roommate this afternoon. We (my gf and I) share a 2 bedroom 2 floor condo with another girl. I’m sick of this broad can’t wait to rent out our own place.

Rent in Bay Area is so expensive that this was really our only option but am really regretting reupping the lease for another twelve months a few weeks ago.

Tried to ask her politely to stop recording all instances of shows on the DVR since it’s leaving it full and I can’t record anything. Got all combative with me over text about it. Gonna have to have a real face to face sit down and tell her it’s time to stop with the attitude or it’s time to end this forced cohabitation. She’s one of those you be considerate and she takes full advantage of the situation. Like the freezer...who fills it up with 95% their own stuff when you know there’s other people also living here.

I usually just ignore her it but tired of feeling like a guest in my own place.

Got into a text fight with our roommate this afternoon. We (my gf and I) share a 2 bedroom 2 floor condo with another girl. I’m sick of this broad can’t wait to rent out our own place.

Rent in Bay Area is so expensive that this was really our only option but am really regretting reupping the lease for another twelve months a few weeks ago.

Tried to ask her politely to stop recording all instances of shows on the DVR since it’s leaving it full and I can’t record anything. Got all combative with me over text about it. Gonna have to have a real face to face sit down and tell her it’s time to stop with the attitude or it’s time to end this forced cohabitation. She’s one of those you be considerate and she takes full advantage of the situation. Like the freezer...who fills it up with 95% their own stuff when you know there’s other people also living here.

I usually just ignore her it but tired of feeling like a guest in my own place.

Bro you're only ending that cohabitation relationship on HER terms, unless you and your girl move out or she stops paying rent on time.

Californian subtenant rights are bonafied.

Bro you're only ending that cohabitation relationship on HER terms, unless you and your girl move out or she stops paying rent on time.

Californian subtenant rights are bonafied.

I don’t know what subtenant means in this context but it’s a condo in a big complex and all three of us are listed equally on the lease. We wouldn’t mind moving out. I’m not trying to screw her in any way I don’t think the relationship is that bad nor is she a terrible person. We wouldn’t mind leaving either we just signed for another year for ease. If we leave we’d obviously get our names taken off the lease (that’s doable).

I think I’m just heated and it won’t get to that cuz neither my girl nor I are very demanding. She just crossed a line with her attitude and I need to snap it back in place. She’s lost perspective on how lucky she has it with our arrangement and I want it to be clear to her cuz her little jabs and comments got my girl not feeling comfortable at home / over cleaning to appease her.

I'm honestly tired of discussing high rent prices. As far as women that I go for(classy, intellectual, naturally pretty, not materialistic), the bay area is perfect(maybe except the southbay). But as far as purely attractive women, LA, Vegas, and NYC has us beat. But, what's good for us is that you can get many types of women from different parts of the bay;

-San Francisco: Classy/career-driven/intectual/hipsters/free-thinkers.
-Oakland: Free-thinkers/down to earth/hood/hipsters.
-San Jose: Suburban girls/valley-girls/clubbers/hood/nerds.

We just don't have that area that models/actresses/gold-diggers/groupies(besides probably in Union Square)flock to that you would find in Miami beach, Melrose, parts of Manhattan.

Last edited:
What cities ya'll living in? Not a top 30 market....can't be. 800$!?

My first apartment 6 years ago - studio in Minneapolis was 695.....Now? Good luck finding a livable studio for less than a rack here.

I’ve seen studios/1x1s in Houston at $650-900....

I live in Fort Lauderdale. Again, a basic studio/1x1 should not be over $900 period

Back
Top Bottom