Most impressive contested jump shot

that's not even Kobe's best contested jump shot against Portland, though..

If that isn't Kobe's best, what is? Ruben Patterson was literally smothering him, he had nowhere to go, and didn't even have a great view of the basket. Not to mention it's behind the 3 point line

the Kobe stopper
laugh.gif

screw Ruben Patterson

Originally Posted by Savraj1

If that isn't Kobe's best, what is? Ruben Patterson was literally smothering him, he had nowhere to go, and didn't even have a great view of the basket. Not to mention it's behind the 3 point line

In that video, he goes left to fake out the defender and create room; Patterson gave him no room in the other one.

The first thing that came to my mind after reading the title was the clip OP posted. It's so great, especially since it happened against "The Kobe Stopper".

That first shot against portland is pretty much as good as defense gets without fouling. Cant think of any shot that was more contested than that off the top of my head. But thats just Kobe tho
pimp.gif

I think kobe is the best contested jump shooter in the history of the game.  His defenders don't ever seem to have an effect on his shots, no matter what they do.  The best defenders a team has will always be guarding him.  Ron artest, Bruce Bowen, Shane Battier, etc. etc. 

Guys literally guard him like this every game and he still gets his 36 pts
kobe-battier2.jpg

So I guess my point is that Kobe has the most impressive contested jump shots in the game, and nothing ever comes close.

Back
Top Bottom