Most overpaid players in the NBA vol. Boozer 80mil contract = hairplugs

so jj was the most underrated player in the L but after that contract he became the most overrated
laugh.gif

Rashad Lewis should wear all black and a ski mask when he gets his checks...

tyson chandler is another even tho hes a decent player and i like him but i dont think hes worth 58 mil 4 years

Don't like the Spurs, but duncan is better than half of those people mentioned and his contract I'm sure is near the end and that is what is left of it...I doubt SA would resign him recently for 22mill/yr.
Lewis---damn I hope he is saving it.

“When it comes to contracts, the players aren’t sitting there negotiating that contract. I’m sitting at home and my agent calls me, saying, ‘I got a max on the table.’ I’m not going to sit there and say, ‘Naw, that’s too much. Go out there and negotiate $20 or $30 [million] less.’ â€

People really show their ignorance when it comes to the business of sports. Nobody cares what you do and how much you're paid. When twenty thousand paying customers line up to see you at work and millions more demand to watch you on TV then we can talk about who's overpaid and underpaid. Until then have a seat, please.

Originally Posted by Statis22

“When it comes to contracts, the players aren’t sitting there negotiating that contract. I’m sitting at home and my agent calls me, saying, ‘I got a max on the table.’ I’m not going to sit there and say, ‘Naw, that’s too much. Go out there and negotiate $20 or $30 [million] less.’ â€

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by GUNSnROSES

Everybody in the NBA is overpaid. Millions of dollars to just Play basketball.

I don't know what you do for a living, but I guarantee if you look at the people who are top 450 in the world at it, they are all paid.

I get sick and people are their simple minded @@$ arguments where they want players to make like 40k or something because they don't think what they do is significant enough, as if that should be the determining factor in wages anyways.

Im a marine corps infantryman, been one for awhile now, and if you think basketball players deserve more than we do kill yourself. One of my boys broke his spine and another one lost an arm. All things considered pro athletes are GROSSLY overpaid
It's about perspective. It's not about what is deserving or not. You volunteer. Players are entertainers and are highly sought after. The players choose where they can go and for how much. You don't. Actors and actresses get paid millions to 'say some words while they are being filmed' just like players 'put a ball in the hoop'. Its about what your value can bring and what are people willing to pay for it. People pay billions per year to watch a sport on tv or in person, to follow superstars. Thousands of companies are heavily invested in the sport, as are local economies and businesses. If you think its as simple as one player doing one thing, you're not seeing the entire big picture. 

Originally Posted by presequel

I don't know what you do for a living, but I guarantee if you look at the people who are top 450 in the world at it, they are all paid.

I get sick and people are their simple minded @@$ arguments where they want players to make like 40k or something because they don't think what they do is significant enough, as if that should be the determining factor in wages anyways.
It's about perspective. It's not about what is deserving or not. You volunteer. Players are entertainers and are highly sought after. The players choose where they can go and for how much. You don't. Actors and actresses get paid millions to 'say some words while they are being filmed' just like players 'put a ball in the hoop'. Its about what your value can bring and what are people willing to pay for it. People pay billions per year to watch a sport on tv or in person, to follow superstars. Thousands of companies are heavily invested in the sport, as are local economies and businesses. If you think its as simple as one player doing one thing, you're not seeing the entire big picture. 
This is all it ever comes down to, the big picture. It's about worth and entertainment value not the actual job. Most people just can't comprehend.

Im a marine corps infantryman, been one for awhile now, and if you think basketball players deserve more than we do kill yourself. One of my boys broke his spine and another one lost an arm. All things considered pro athletes are GROSSLY overpaid

And to piggyback on that they have one trait that close to 75% of americans cannot, will not, or have discipline to do..... Eat/live healthy, stay in shape, and exercise on a regular and continuous basis.

And if it were so easy we wouldnt be the fattest country in the free world, and have companies making BILLIONS on quick schemes, and drugs,surguries to avoid doing all these things.

Originally Posted by LDJ

And to piggyback on that they have one trait that close to 75% of americans cannot, will not, or have discipline to do..... Eat/live healthy, stay in shape, and exercise on a regular and continuous basis.

And if it were so easy we wouldnt be the fattest country in the free world, and have companies making BILLIONS on quick schemes, and drugs,surguries to avoid doing all these things.

also the NBA isn't something you can just decide to join because you messed up in school and can't get into college. the service on the other hand that's how they get 95% of their recruits

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Originally Posted by LDJ

also the NBA isn't something you can just decide to join because you messed up in school and can't get into college. the service on the other hand that's how they get 95% of their recruits

this. I don't think it is 95% though.  
Anyone who can pass a physical can say, "Ok, I want to be in the armed forces."  Anyone can also say "I want to play basketball for a living," but most people aren't even good enough/have the physical gifts to play in a 3rd tier league in Finland.   

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Originally Posted by LDJ

Damn.gif

Back
Top Bottom