Most overrated city ???

As someone who lived in the East Bay for a long time... WHAT??? East Bay weather is dog ****, especially in the summer. It's either too hot or too cold. It's very seldom at a good consistent temperature that is desirable.

Depends which part of the East Bay though :lol: If we're talking about Fremont-Oakland, weather is pretty good, but once you start going further out towards Walnut Creek, Concord :smh:

I mean I already despise SF for many reasons nowadays, but I think I got too used to the year round warm/pleasant Peninsula/South Bay weather to ever move back to the city even if all those issues got resolved. I get off work in the city around 6-7 PM every day, so even dealing with that bone chilling wind on the 5-10 min walk back to my car 90% of the year is extremely irritating. I have no idea how people live in that 24/7 or how I dealt with this back in the day; I just got weaker I guess

It's such a relief to come back home to pristine streets and warmer weather everyday :pimp:

Last edited:
As someone who lived in the East Bay for a long time... WHAT??? East Bay weather is dog ****, especially in the summer. It's either too hot or too cold. It's very seldom at a good consistent temperature that is desirable.

Dude what are you talking about. :lol:

Point to where you was at on a map.

Interior Bay, where 90% of the population lives, was specifically the word choice earlier. We have microclimates out here. Certain geographical features and proximity to the ocean shape (for better or worse i.e. San Francisco) affect everything.

Like sfc415 sfc415 once you get to suburbia on the other side of the East Bay Hills range, you're talking a minimum -10 degree temp drop at night and a +10 temps during summer days.

"Tunnel" rats staying out that way deserve to freeze and sweat anyway, but it's still top pickings in the country.

But Oakland? Any of the mid-major cities along the Bay inland? Again, one of the most liveable climates in the world. Living here will make you so so soft when it comes to dealing with anything less than B+ weather on either end of the thermometer.

Last edited:
I lived in San Francisco, San Leandro, Union City, Oakland, and Richmond and I can tell you that the INNER East Bay has great weather compared to places like the city, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, and Sonoma/Napa County. The only counties that matches the East Bay is Marin and most of San Mateo. Again, I'm not talking about San Ramon, Dublin, Pleasanton, and all those inland areas.

I lived in San Francisco, San Leandro, Union City, Oakland, and Richmond and I can tell you that the INNER East Bay has great weather compared to places like the city, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, and Sonoma/Napa County. The only counties that matches the East Bay is Marin and most of San Mateo. Again, I'm not talking about San Ramon, Dublin, Pleasanton, and all those inland areas.

Aiight, makes more sense now. I lived in Hayward for four years and I was honestly not a fan. The summers were just truly unbearable. I lived in the hills and downtown, and summers in both were just gross. I don't agree with sfc415 on Fremont, though. I worked there for a while and it was gross, too. Sonoma/Napa was awful, though. I grew up in Vallejo and that was hit or miss, and even Benicia had it's **** seasons.

I think my ideal climate is honestly San Mateo.

The real question is how are you visiting these cities? If you're out here on TripAdvisor reading "Top Places to Visit in [insert city]" then you're asking for your experience to be trash. People be out here visiting NYC and going to all the tourist traps and paying $20 for a picture with meth addict Elmo then say NYC is overrated

For the people who said NYC, how are you experiencing NYC? You going to spots locals visit and eat? Or are you going to all the tourist traps and staying in Manhattan?

BTW, Philly is it for me. Dubai is another one for me.

Been in Austin 3 years. It's constantly noted the best city in America... I mean I like it but I'm just curious why it wins the award. Maybe I appreciate the reasons and don't even know why.

Because you rarely hear about any type of gun violence, just drunk brawls on 6th street.

It’s literally a concrete jungle. No sunlight cause the tall *** buildings or greenery. **** was sorta depressing. Too fake fast paced, but that’s DC now as well.

I was younger so maybe at 33 I’d have a better experience.

Yea it was cool in my early 20s but I'm grown now and I hate being around that many people at a baseline, much less in a pandemic.

It’s literally a concrete jungle. No sunlight cause the tall *** buildings or greenery. **** was sorta depressing. Too fake fast paced, but that’s DC now as well.

I was younger so maybe at 33 I’d have a better experience.
*Figuratively

But cool.

How long you been living here though? :lol:
Like a year now so nah it ain’t old to me yet. But yeah Brian Kemp is a piece of ****, 85 traffic is trash and it’s rough for the family man trying to stay out the way with all the home invasions.

My thing is, where would you go if you left, the only thing I miss is the water coming from NYC.

Internationally. Coming soon in 3 years.
Bro we on the same page!! I just told somebody I’m excited and a bit scared of having my passport. I’m excited for the possibilities and experience, I’m scared I may go somewhere and never come back.

Back
Top Bottom