Most upset you've ever been after a sporting event? Vol. '03 National Championship

Indiana lost against Maryland in the Final Four
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Colts lost against the Saints last year
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

2001 world series... game 7 -__-
2009/10 AFC Championship Game, we got payback tonight though
2004 ALCS game 7 -___-
2003 World Series game 6
2004/05 AFC Divisional Round vs Steelers -___- bad kicking.

2001 world series... game 7 -__-
2009/10 AFC Championship Game, we got payback tonight though
2004 ALCS game 7 -___-
2003 World Series game 6
2004/05 AFC Divisional Round vs Steelers -___- bad kicking.

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

What is the most upset/down/depressed you've ever been after a sporting event, after your favorite team losing or if you lost a big time bet or for whatever reason?

Here is mine...

I was in like 5th grade...thought the world was going to end. Cried SO much.

Honorable Mention...
KU losing to UCLA in the '07 Elite 8
KU losing to Northern Iowa in the 2nd round last year.....$!!
eyes.gif

KU losing to Bucknell first round in '05
KU losing to Bradley first round in '06
(wasn't AS upset to those two just because expectations weren't as high)
...see anything similar between all those?
laugh.gif

Chiefs losing to the Colts in '03 in the Divisional playoffs was disappointing as well. After starting the season so well and then losing like 4 of the last 7...smh
Edit...forgot to mention the Suns losing in the playoffs in '05...'06...well yeah you guys get the picture.

What are yours?
So yeah, I can pretty much just quote this entire OP. On the 03 title game, I was in college at the time...didn't go to class the next day. Lee's 3 would've gone too...dude was a great 3 point shooter that year
wink.gif
. But we'll never know because that long armed high jumping dickbag blocked it
tired.gif
.  I knew we were doomed earlier in the night when #**!+#! Jerry McNamara was throwing $!*@ up from the parking lot and it was going in. #**!+#! @+#@%!!%!

I do have to add one more. This one may have been before you're time ku JHAWX, but I cried myself to sleep the night the 1995 Chiefs lost to the Colts 10-7 in the divisional playoffs. I was 13 years years old. We went 13-3 that year. We were the odds on favorite to win it all. Then Lin mother ++##$%! Elliot missed 3 ++##$%! field goals and we ++##$%! lost. I watched the game at my cousins house. He was 10 years old. Elliot missed his 3rd field goal with like 20 seconds left and my cousin ran to his room crying. God I was distraught. Then I was pissed the next morning when my mom made me go to school.

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

What is the most upset/down/depressed you've ever been after a sporting event, after your favorite team losing or if you lost a big time bet or for whatever reason?

Here is mine...

I was in like 5th grade...thought the world was going to end. Cried SO much.

Honorable Mention...
KU losing to UCLA in the '07 Elite 8
KU losing to Northern Iowa in the 2nd round last year.....$!!
eyes.gif

KU losing to Bucknell first round in '05
KU losing to Bradley first round in '06
(wasn't AS upset to those two just because expectations weren't as high)
...see anything similar between all those?
laugh.gif

Chiefs losing to the Colts in '03 in the Divisional playoffs was disappointing as well. After starting the season so well and then losing like 4 of the last 7...smh
Edit...forgot to mention the Suns losing in the playoffs in '05...'06...well yeah you guys get the picture.

What are yours?
So yeah, I can pretty much just quote this entire OP. On the 03 title game, I was in college at the time...didn't go to class the next day. Lee's 3 would've gone too...dude was a great 3 point shooter that year
wink.gif
. But we'll never know because that long armed high jumping dickbag blocked it
tired.gif
.  I knew we were doomed earlier in the night when #**!+#! Jerry McNamara was throwing $!*@ up from the parking lot and it was going in. #**!+#! @+#@%!!%!

I do have to add one more. This one may have been before you're time ku JHAWX, but I cried myself to sleep the night the 1995 Chiefs lost to the Colts 10-7 in the divisional playoffs. I was 13 years years old. We went 13-3 that year. We were the odds on favorite to win it all. Then Lin mother ++##$%! Elliot missed 3 ++##$%! field goals and we ++##$%! lost. I watched the game at my cousins house. He was 10 years old. Elliot missed his 3rd field goal with like 20 seconds left and my cousin ran to his room crying. God I was distraught. Then I was pissed the next morning when my mom made me go to school.

Honestly:

1.) When USC lost to Texas in 05' Rose Bowl. For one, i was bragging and talking so much *%!$ to my classmates at school that day about how Bush was going to kill Texas -_-

2.) When Michigan Lost to OSU in 06' for a chance to go to the National Championship game. Lost by 3 i think. Both teams were undefeated

3.) When Sixers lost to the Lakers in the 01' Finals.

4.) Syracuse losing to Butler last year ranks up at the top though. Soo tough to watch the final 5 minutes.

Honestly:

1.) When USC lost to Texas in 05' Rose Bowl. For one, i was bragging and talking so much *%!$ to my classmates at school that day about how Bush was going to kill Texas -_-

2.) When Michigan Lost to OSU in 06' for a chance to go to the National Championship game. Lost by 3 i think. Both teams were undefeated

3.) When Sixers lost to the Lakers in the 01' Finals.

4.) Syracuse losing to Butler last year ranks up at the top though. Soo tough to watch the final 5 minutes.

Whitaker/Chavez. I still get mad when that !@$%#%$% get's mentioned. I'm mad at myself for bringing it up.

Whitaker/Chavez. I still get mad when that !@$%#%$% get's mentioned. I'm mad at myself for bringing it up.

2009 SEC title game

96174088.jpg

2007 1st round swept by the Bulls year after winning the title

610x.jpg

Game 7 2003 ALCS

aaron-boone.jpg

2005 National Title

Vince%20Young.jpg

Game 7

100617_lakers_kobe.jpg

tyree.jpg

(Honorable mentions: 2009 Champions league final,2010 NHL Eastern Conference finals,2008 Final 4 vs Kansas)

mad.gif
@ all of these
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

2009 SEC title game

96174088.jpg

2007 1st round swept by the Bulls year after winning the title

610x.jpg

Game 7 2003 ALCS

aaron-boone.jpg

2005 National Title

Vince%20Young.jpg

Game 7

100617_lakers_kobe.jpg

tyree.jpg

(Honorable mentions: 2009 Champions league final,2010 NHL Eastern Conference finals,2008 Final 4 vs Kansas)

mad.gif
@ all of these
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

-Warriors-Laker game in 2008 where Derek Fisher pulled Monta Ellis down and Monta was called for an offensive foul on the last play. It pisses me off more because it was in person and that was absolutely the most ridiculous @**$#*%% I've ever seen, one of the most angry times I've been as a sports fan. Got to the point where I wanted to run home.

-Warriors-Laker game in 2008 where Derek Fisher pulled Monta Ellis down and Monta was called for an offensive foul on the last play. It pisses me off more because it was in person and that was absolutely the most ridiculous @**$#*%% I've ever seen, one of the most angry times I've been as a sports fan. Got to the point where I wanted to run home.

2002 World Series
mad.gif
F that monkey, Scott Spezio, Felix Rodriguez...but thank god for the 2010 World Series
pimp.gif

Patriots/Giants Superbowl damn defense couldn't hold them for a couple more minutes?
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom