Most upset you've ever been after a sporting event? Vol. '03 National Championship

illinois-arizona2.jpg

Originally Posted by trunks206

^ dont forget the goaltending no-call in OT, but yeah that foul + double tech on B-Roy really changed the game big time (picked up two fouls on one play, giving him 3 early on in the second half). Nobody could stop him that game too.
frown.gif

+ the phantom 5th foul on Dentmon in OT aswell.

Damn guess I totally suppressed the memory of that game, I now remember I was super UPSET after that. What a freaking game.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This and the Hawks losing the Superbowl makes for two of the worse days of my life.

I remember my brothers and me just staring at the TV when the game ended and not saying a word. My pops just up and left the house. My little brother cried, straight had tears running down his face. I still hate the Steelers to this day
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

^ dont forget the goaltending no-call in OT, but yeah that foul + double tech on B-Roy really changed the game big time (picked up two fouls on one play, giving him 3 early on in the second half). Nobody could stop him that game too.
frown.gif

+ the phantom 5th foul on Dentmon in OT aswell.

Damn guess I totally suppressed the memory of that game, I now remember I was super UPSET after that. What a freaking game.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This and the Hawks losing the Superbowl makes for two of the worse days of my life.

I remember my brothers and me just staring at the TV when the game ended and not saying a word. My pops just up and left the house. My little brother cried, straight had tears running down his face. I still hate the Steelers to this day
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

In a strange way, tonight, watching the Zombies beat the Nuggets, and Durant just going crazy in the 4th....I just can't handle it. I walked out of my TV room almost in tears and told my dad "that should be Seattle celebrating" and he said "I'm sorry." I even told him a few minutes later: "you know, you're a lifelong Cubs fan, but at least your team still exists."

I know it was just a first round win, but watching that crowd, I KNOW Seattle could match that and be greater. This city would have shut down tonight on a win like that. I remember what it was like even in '05 when the Sonics made their miracle run.

In a strange way, tonight, watching the Zombies beat the Nuggets, and Durant just going crazy in the 4th....I just can't handle it. I walked out of my TV room almost in tears and told my dad "that should be Seattle celebrating" and he said "I'm sorry." I even told him a few minutes later: "you know, you're a lifelong Cubs fan, but at least your team still exists."

I know it was just a first round win, but watching that crowd, I KNOW Seattle could match that and be greater. This city would have shut down tonight on a win like that. I remember what it was like even in '05 when the Sonics made their miracle run.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

The sonics leaving really is what made me care less and less about the NBA. I just can't get behind any team. @!*% the Thunder. I just can't do it. My temperature rises every time i think about us losing the Sonics. *%%! wasn't right and I will never look at the NBA the same ever again. I can feel for how sick Kings fans must be. It seems like no matter what you do, Stern and the NBA just don't want you to have a team.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

The sonics leaving really is what made me care less and less about the NBA. I just can't get behind any team. @!*% the Thunder. I just can't do it. My temperature rises every time i think about us losing the Sonics. *%%! wasn't right and I will never look at the NBA the same ever again. I can feel for how sick Kings fans must be. It seems like no matter what you do, Stern and the NBA just don't want you to have a team.

--Back in '89 I was 9. Lakers swept through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. On the verge of a threepeat...
--Magic whent down...Byron went down...Worthy couldnt do it on his own. Got swept by the Pistons.

--Game 4 and 6 of the 2008 Finals. It had to happen though. It helped build character into the current Laker team.

--Back in '89 I was 9. Lakers swept through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. On the verge of a threepeat...
--Magic whent down...Byron went down...Worthy couldnt do it on his own. Got swept by the Pistons.

--Game 4 and 6 of the 2008 Finals. It had to happen though. It helped build character into the current Laker team.

Back
Top Bottom