MOTHER! THE FILM

I am seeing tonight. I am prepared (I think) to see some crazy stuff.

I listened to another review on YouTube, and he was cautious about giving spoilers but I am anxious to see this tonight at 10:50.

I watched it. I think I'm one of the lucky ones in my theater because I was watching reviews of it beforehand saying not to expect a thriller type like it's portayed in the trailer. I heard some ppl in the theater like "what the ____? What's going on?". Lol

I thought the movie was alright... If I came expecting a thriller type of movie or whatever I would be super disappointed

Wouldn't watch again tho :lol:

I watched it. I think I'm one of the lucky ones in my theater because I was watching reviews of it beforehand saying not to expect a thriller type like it's portayed in the trailer. I heard some ppl in the theater like "what the ____? What's going on?". Lol

I thought the movie was alright... If I came expecting a thriller type of movie or whatever I would be super disappointed

Wouldn't watch again tho :lol:
damn :smh:
well spoil it for us
whats it about???
what happened???
and tell us the ending???

I'm not good at explaining, should watch this

nvm i googled
but its suppose to be an allegory to genesis
JL is suppose to be mother earth
her husband god
ed harris adam
michelle Pfeffer eve
their sons cain and able
that crystal thing the forbidden fruit
JL baby is jesus
and all those people are us mankind

maaaaaaan so disappointed
all his movies are so damn wack and overrated
black swan was trash imo

"
Not even Jennifer Lawrence could win over CinemaScore audiences with mother! Her new ‘WTF’ film with director (and current boyfriend) Darren Aronofsky earned a dreaded F from the movie polling company after Friday night screenings.

mother! had a positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes (69 percent of critics gave the film a positive review), but audiences revolted against Aronofsky’s film, which mixes broad religious allegory with home-invasion horror and ends with a sequence of shocking, R-rated violence. The overall rejection might have something to do with how the film was marketed, as CinemaScore founder Ed Mintz explained in a 2016 interview about his company.

“A’s generally are good, B’s generally are shaky, and C’s are terrible. D’s and F’s, they shouldn’t have made the movie, or they promoted it funny and the absolute wrong crowd got into it,” he said.

Here's the full synopsis /spoiler.

It's even weirder than I thought lol

http://www.themoviespoiler.com/2017Spoilers/Mother.html

Last edited:
I wouldn't say the movie was trash but it was not good lol
Mainly saw this for JLaw and she didn't disappoint :wow: :pimp:
Seeing her get assaulted and the baby's neck breaking were a little hard to watch.

saw it, thought it was great, think I got most of it but will need to watch when it comes out to home release
also
I went to catholic Jr high and christian HS, so while not into that stuff anymore. I LOVE material that does these kind of things with it. I knew the God Mary Cain and Abel characters but really need to rewatch it to get everything
Movie def went up some notches when Kristen Wiig showed up:lol:

Whoa whoa whoa.... Black Swan slander?? Movie was stunning, start to finish. Natalie gave one of the all-time greatest acting performances to boot. Someone must be trolling

Man, I truly don’t know what to feel about this movie. The fact that there was no narrative coupled with the supernatural elements put in in a place, for most of the movie, where I just didn’t care enough about anything that was going on.

Second act was truly a struggle. There was nothing to keep me tethered to reality, so nothing that was going on felt like it made any real impact. By the time she gave birth, I was out. I was sure that it was basically over, so I was more annoyed than anything else that I sat through it.

Then she dozes off. What happens after that somehow pulled me back in. I may have to watch again with what I know now, because watching the first time feeling like I had no clue what was what or why anything was happening was infuriating after a while. 1.5 hours into a movie that’s just Jennifer Lawrence yelling at guests to use coasters and I was ready to throw in the towel. That last act started right on time, because I was beginning to understand why people walked out.

The tone felt a lot like Black Swan, without the fleshed our characters and character motivations. Hell, it felt like Black Swan without a story. No Black Swan slander though, that’s a classic.

I don’t think I can even give this thing a rating until I watch again.

Last edited:
Even if he wanted to use this metaphor. Aronofsky could've made this way more elegant in the story telling and give it an actual plot.

Instead of this fast tracked genesis old testament with Adam & Eve and Cain & Able to new testament birth and death of Jesus narrative.

Bruh, after sitting and thinking this movie is pretentious as hell. It feels like it thinks it’s so much smarter than it is. Feels like a bunch of bible metaphors haphazardly thrown together to make some sort of broad point about the earth, God and us.

Given how blatant it is I can't believe Aronofsky or anybody else thinks this movie is smart :lol:

Back
Top Bottom