Motivational quotes to keep you going.

I've been reading a lot of John Wooden recently. He is a godly man to follow. This definitely is one of my most favorite things I have ever read.

Last edited:
If you want something youve never had you have to do something youve never done before- thomas jefferson

My tidbit for the day (found somewhere else):

It doesn't matter what you need to do even if you have to lie, cheat, steal or kill, figure out the short cuts and best way to do things. If you cannot find way to optimize the way you do things, you haven't think enough.

Lie to yourself to get work done.
Cheat on yourself to achieve something bigger.
Steal knowledge.
Kill Bad habits.
( I believe every word is neutral. It is all depend how you look at them.)

Thank you for this thread for the past two years. I came across this thread about two years ago when I decided to make a career change at the age of 26 and get back into finance and accounting. I am now 28 and am in my last semester of my Master of Accountancy program and am set to graduate with a 3.9 GPA. Honestly, this thread is one of the biggest reasons that kept me focused, hungry and hard working. I put in 30+ hour weeks of studying and somehow really managed to succeed and quiet the demons in my head telling me it wasn't possible.

This thread has helped me change my mindset from one of "maybe i possibly could" to one of "why can't I". I'll continue checking back here every few weeks like I've been to keep my head on straight. I really want to get a Wooden book. I love the simplicity of his messages and the realistic impact his words have if put in action.

moderndarwin moderndarwin great stuff man. As I begin my first semester as a transfer into ucla. I expect to be in this thread a lot myself.

I would definitely recommend him. I was going through such a breaking time this summer and he literally changes my life and life perspective. I only have one book but I want to buy more. Expect some excerpts every now and them.

Here is what I have for those curious:
Amazon product ASIN 0809230410

"Perhaps life has given you burdens you don't deserve. Instead of seeing an excuse to give up, see an opportunity to give more." - Ralph Marston

“The greatest fools are ofttimes more clever than the men who laugh at them" - Tywin Lannister

Reposting because it's too good not to:

“Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference. Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for your convenience, not the callers. Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is. Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river. Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated. Don’t major in minor things. Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Helen Keller, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. Don’t spread yourself too thin. Learn to say no politely and quickly. Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved. Don’t waste time grieving over past mistakes Learn from them and move on. Every person needs to have their moment in the sun, when they raise their arms in victory, knowing that on this day, at his hour, they were at their very best. Get your priorities straight. No one ever said on his death bed, ‘Gee, if I’d only spent more time at the office’. Give people a second chance, but not a third. Judge your success by the degree that you’re enjoying peace, health and love. Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly. Leave everything a little better than you found it. Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life and death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems. Never cut what can be untied. Never overestimate your power to change others. Never underestimate your power to change yourself. Remember that overnight success usually takes about fifteen years. Remember that winners do what losers don’t want to do. Seek opportunity, not security. A boat in harbor is safe, but in time its bottom will rot out. Spend less time worrying who’s right, more time deciding what’s right. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get. The importance of winning is not what we get from it, but what we become because of it. When facing a difficult task, act as though it’s impossible to fail.”
— Jackson Brown Jr.

I'm sure it was posted in here, but  I think it's worth posting again...

When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.”

-Jacob Riis

when I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. If you become a monk, you'll end up as the Pope.' Instead, I became a painter, and wound up as Picasso." -Pablo Picasso

:smokin
:smokin

It's my first day of school today. Glad I'm peeping this thread before my class starts [emoji]128516[/emoji]

"There will be no humans elsewhere. Only here. Only on this small planet. We are a rare, as well as an endangered species. Every one of us, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another." - Carl Sagan

Back
Top Bottom