Motivational quotes to keep you going.

Was feeling lazy - this thread got me going again. Watching Kobe's interview really inspired me as well (his work ethic on coming back). Just have to break it down into the most minute of details. If you look at the big picture, 9 months of rehab, it is just overwhelming.

Was feeling lazy - this thread got me going again. Watching Kobe's interview really inspired me as well (his work ethic on coming back). Just have to break it down into the most minute of details. If you look at the big picture, 9 months of rehab, it is just overwhelming.
Also watched this yesterday. Definitely helped me. My problem is forgetting. I get caught up man and lose perspective. 
mean.gif

Never forget where you started so you always remember where you want to finish.

Took a long time about a year for my girlfriend to gain some trust in me because she's been hurt by so many guys before me.

The other day we were fighting again and it was the first time I've ever pushed her. not only that but grabbed her throat

I can't blame it on anything but myself. Im questioning if i really love her because who would hurt someone they love.

Yes there was alcohol involved with both of us but still. Never an excuse. and i went against what i believe in altogether 

havent' really been eating since 

she's working it out with me. she still wants me over every day, still on the phone at night but it's just hard. we are praying to get through it together

shoryuken shoryuken , I feel your pain.

First, pet peeve of mine is women bringing past hurt into new relationships. Why are we paying for other men's sins? Should be a clean slate.

Heat of the moment and passion, just don't let it happen again. The danger is the risk of that behavior becoming a habit, first incident sets a precedence. However, if she forgives and still wants to be with you, that's the first step. Second step is forgiving yourself for doing the unthinkable. Put the hurt and disappointment you feel into making it up to her in the short-term future.

The silver lining, perhaps twisted, is challenging and troubling incidents between couples can often make the bond stronger long-term.

@Shoryuken, I feel your pain.

First, pet peeve of mine is women bringing past hurt into new relationships. Why are we paying for other men's sins? Should be a clean slate.

Heat of the moment and passion, just don't let it happen again. The danger is the risk of that behavior becoming a habit, first incident sets a precedence. However, if she forgives and still wants to be with you, that's the first step. Second step is forgiving yourself for doing the unthinkable. Put the hurt and disappointment you feel into making it up to her in the short-term future.

The silver lining, perhaps twisted, is challenging and troubling incidents between couples can often make the bond stronger long-term.
bruhhhh it's hard but they can't help it. a lot of females just can't. they will always remember the hurt whomever it was from.

The thing is i am in complete disbelief and shame of what i did. it feels disgusting doing something that is just not you. makes you really ask yourself a lot of questions

I hate that this is how i have to learn but i never want it to happen again. this reality i'm in right now feels like it's breaking me but i believe i will come out stronger. it takes and shows more strength to be in control of your emotions and feelings/body

I'm already counting my blessings that nothing else happened

what you added about the twisted silver lining is appreciated fam

shoryuken shoryuken take it from me, fam. I've hurt my girl pretty bad. Not really the same way you did but it did tear her emotionally and it killed me inside. I could never forget the way I hurt her, we broke up.

But we kept working it out. She got to a point where she could forgive me but the problem was I couldnt forgive myself. If you can't forgive yourself, you can't move on and grow. Everyone has their demons, it's just about accepting them and learning from them. I told myself "I messed up but its okay cause I'm gonna learn from it". And I'm the one who would mentally abuse and criticise myself. So just seek self growth. I agree with champcruthik champcruthik . And right now my girl and I are doing better than ever so just have faith and patience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom