Motivational quotes to keep you going.

"There are major events in life that happen for a reason. They're tests to see who you are, how much you've learned, and how you'll grow. This is your big test son... Make us all proud"Words from my Uncle when my pops passed 1 yr ago. Something that keeps me moving forward everyday, rather then backward.

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

"There are major events in life that happen for a reason. They're tests to see who you are, how much you've learned, and how you'll grow. This is your big test son... Make us all proud"Words from my Uncle when my pops passed 1 yr ago. Something that keeps me moving forward everyday, rather then backward.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by handullz

my homey told me this great great saying when i was going thru it with my girl...

i broke up with her... and wanted to straight show her up...

try to get a fine chick quick and show her off....

but my homey stopped me and said...

"bro... that's !!$$% moves... tryin to show off to get back? you stoopin to her level...

dont let her make you mad....

he who angers you, conquers you"...

when he told me that, i realized tryin to make someone mad shows just how SALTY i really am...

i havent let a person get to me since...

changed my whole life...

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

Those too weak to follow their own dreams will always discourage you from achieving yours
No joke, but you almost always post a quote that I can relate to.
smokin.gif

i actually have this tattooed-----It’s about knowing where you are going
Not forgetting where you started
It’s about having the courage to fail
Not breaking when you are broken
Taking everything you’ve been given
And making something better
It’s about work, before glory
And what’s inside of you
Is doing what they say you can’t
It’s not about the shoes

When you find something you truly want, don't ever stop until you achieve it.

No journey is too great, when one finds what he seeks.

[h1]"I hated every minute of training, but I said: don't quit. .. . Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." Muhammad Ali[/h1]
"It ain't how hard you hit .. it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ballislife32688

The point is to work hard, even when no one is looking. Finish one more rep, one more sprint, even if the attention isn't on you. Because eventually, all that work outside the spotlight puts you right in the middle of it

Excellent quote to start the year!!

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Heres another one by me. And thanks to Ballislife keeping this topic going!

"Whats the difference between Hope and Faith?
Hope is for the helpless, those who do nothing, wishing something to happen.
Faith is for those who take action knowing that their beliefs will be rewarded.

I might not have a lot of hope, but my faith is undeniable."
Dope quote indeed.

I must say I also love this thread. I hope everyone continues to post.

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

The more you are talked about the less powerful you are.

Cliches about supporting the troops are designed to distract from failed policies, policies promoted by powerful special interests that benefit from war, anything to steer the discussion away from the real reasons the war in Iraq will not end anytime soon.

I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.

If you want to achieve things in life, you've just got to do them, and if you're talented and smart, you'll succeed.

Maintain a Good Philosophy On Life – Do you ever notice how lucky the cat is who always seems to be positive and enjoying life? Before you can do anything big you have to have a good attitude about life. Most people are sitting around waiting to be in a good situation before they can feel good about themselves. Life is a test, you get to graduate to the higher levels of the food chain when you master the challenges and distractions of the lower levels. You gotta look at all of life’s challenges and obstacles as tests that lead to an opportunity to get better. Adversity is a gift or a curse depending on your view. A champion is a champion before he wins the title.

Expect Good Things to Happen- Your mind is not your enemy but your thinking can be. In martial arts when you’re being taught to break a brick you’re taught to put your focus on going through the brick. If you focus on just hitting the brick you’re likely to break your hand. This can be a good metaphor for life. A lot of brothas struggle with confidence, confidence is just a matter of expecting good things to happen and being strong enough to handle the disappointment if they don’t. When you step to a female, expect her to cooperate, don’t step waiting for her to be interested. When you start a business expect it to blow, be aggressive with your offering, let people know how good you are. Confidence doesn’t just matter, it’s everything.

Time – Control your time or your time will control you. Just like a person budgets their money you should also budget your time, even more so because its our most valuable commodity. Never start a day without an agenda, when looking back on each day you should regularly be able to point at activities or experiences that made you better than you were before you started that day. Making a habit of daily personal improvement is the most empowering habit you can develop. Bill Gates never got anymore time than anyone else but he obviously filled his with more purpose and intensity. Your life will never be bigger than the plans and thoughts you have for it.

Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable- There is no money or significant achievement in your comfort zone. To be blunt...if you place high value on being comfortable you can’t do big things. Being on top of your game involves pain and sacrifice, it’s not for everybody. The members of the lower level of the economic food chain embrace comfort as a result they enjoy less of life and establish little control over their circumstances. Nothing stays the same, as time passes you’re either getting better or getting worst.

Consistency – Dedication is doing the thing you said you'd do, long after the mood you said it in has left you. Rare is the cat that can stay on a dedicated program of self improvement, whether it be working out, learning a language or acquiring knowledge. Consistent effort is the catalyst of winning. To paraphrase Paul Lombardi, winning is not something that you do some of time, if you’re a winner you win all of the time. With this attitude even when you fail you’re engaged in the process of winning because you use your failures to get better. Consistent activity over time is the foundation of success.

Standards – Establish standards for yourself in every area of your life. Jordan Belfort (aka The Wolf of Wall Street) said that setting standards is about replacing what “should

this might be the best thread on NT. so many good quotes.

there is no denying that these quotes have helped me in tough times.
pimp.gif

keep it going

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

this might be the best thread on NT. so many good quotes.

there is no denying that these quotes have helped me in tough times.
pimp.gif

keep it going

I agree

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Maintain a Good Philosophy On Life – Do you ever notice how lucky the cat is who always seems to be positive and enjoying life? Before you can do anything big you have to have a good attitude about life. Most people are sitting around waiting to be in a good situation before they can feel good about themselves. Life is a test, you get to graduate to the higher levels of the food chain when you master the challenges and distractions of the lower levels. You gotta look at all of life’s challenges and obstacles as tests that lead to an opportunity to get better. Adversity is a gift or a curse depending on your view. A champion is a champion before he wins the title.

Expect Good Things to Happen- Your mind is not your enemy but your thinking can be. In martial arts when you’re being taught to break a brick you’re taught to put your focus on going through the brick. If you focus on just hitting the brick you’re likely to break your hand. This can be a good metaphor for life. A lot of brothas struggle with confidence, confidence is just a matter of expecting good things to happen and being strong enough to handle the disappointment if they don’t. When you step to a female, expect her to cooperate, don’t step waiting for her to be interested. When you start a business expect it to blow, be aggressive with your offering, let people know how good you are. Confidence doesn’t just matter, it’s everything.

Time – Control your time or your time will control you. Just like a person budgets their money you should also budget your time, even more so because its our most valuable commodity. Never start a day without an agenda, when looking back on each day you should regularly be able to point at activities or experiences that made you better than you were before you started that day. Making a habit of daily personal improvement is the most empowering habit you can develop. Bill Gates never got anymore time than anyone else but he obviously filled his with more purpose and intensity. Your life will never be bigger than the plans and thoughts you have for it.

Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable- There is no money or significant achievement in your comfort zone. To be blunt...if you place high value on being comfortable you can’t do big things. Being on top of your game involves pain and sacrifice, it’s not for everybody. The members of the lower level of the economic food chain embrace comfort as a result they enjoy less of life and establish little control over their circumstances. Nothing stays the same, as time passes you’re either getting better or getting worst.

Consistency – Dedication is doing the thing you said you'd do, long after the mood you said it in has left you. Rare is the cat that can stay on a dedicated program of self improvement, whether it be working out, learning a language or acquiring knowledge. Consistent effort is the catalyst of winning. To paraphrase Paul Lombardi, winning is not something that you do some of time, if you’re a winner you win all of the time. With this attitude even when you fail you’re engaged in the process of winning because you use your failures to get better. Consistent activity over time is the foundation of success.

Standards – Establish standards for yourself in every area of your life. Jordan Belfort (aka The Wolf of Wall Street) said that setting standards is about replacing what “should

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

No man live forever
but never say never
Every goodie want better,
just be a go getter
And always be clever
in every endeavour
Coz drastic time call for drastic measure
Your girl try to pleasure
from ya neighbours things severe
The land and the treasure
work for whatever
Jah say don't be a beggar,
the alpha omega
Will bless every soul no matter
which name you prefer
The immortal stepper
believe in every skin
no matter which colour they are
Will never let you down no matter
which kind of weather
You're destined to rise like the son of Rebecca don't stop for a second
Every man reckon
it sure would be good to be there
Whether Zion or Mecca
when the gates are finally closed
And the saints go marching in

-Damian Marley in Strong Will Continue from the album Nas and Damian- Distant Relatives.

Back
Top Bottom