Motorola Droid Verizon Wireless

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

Originally Posted by neverflopped

Originally Posted by airforce416

How thin is this suppose to be with the keyboard?
as thin as the iphone
thinner than the iphone. but slightly wider than the iphone.

its a thicker than the iphone, but not by much

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

what if u already have Verizon..whats the price tag?

200 after rebate and of course off contract

Best Buy is doing instant rebates, and you can pre order it. (That's what I did)

Verizon is opening at 6am in most areas on launch day. (Friday)

So if you don't want to deal with the vzw site crashing at midnight, or people getting in line at 5am. BB is the way to go.

Not sure if there's a different thread:

Have had this phone since it's initial release and LOVE it. Mostly because I love Android and it's 'Open Source' and functionality.

This is the first phone with Android 2.0 so with due time, upgrades will only make it better.

Today there was a "stealth update" sent out to DROID units to fix the auto focus issue . . .and made a day and night difference: Crisp & focusedimages. Glad to see how VZW/MOTO/GOOGLE is paying close attention and getting on top of things to address any issues (that ALL technology has; nothing isperfect-Word to the iPhone when it first released).

There's a scheduled OTA update for December 11th.

Peace

Originally Posted by REDBRIM

Not sure if there's a different thread:

Have had this phone since it's initial release and LOVE it. Mostly because I love Android and it's 'Open Source' and functionality.

This is the first phone with Android 2.0 so with due time, upgrades will only make it better.

Today there was a "stealth update" sent out to DROID units to fix the auto focus issue . . .and made a day and night difference: Crisp & focused images. Glad to see how VZW/MOTO/GOOGLE is paying close attention and getting on top of things to address any issues (that ALL technology has; nothing is perfect-Word to the iPhone when it first released).

There's a scheduled OTA update for December 11th.

Peace
notreally.....

Got a chance to play around with it at the verizon store. I was not impressed

The iphone just operates so much more smoother. The touch screen is more responsive as well

3gS> droid

^
ive never messed with either of them, but pretty much everything ive read either states the touchscreen is better or the same as the Iphone.

Being that Ive never had a smartphone, just by reading comments I get the feeling that Apple people get pissy when something else comes out. like theyreworried someone isnt going to think theyre the cool kid anymore or something.

The post is about the DROID, yet I see "3gS> droid ", um this isnt a comparison post.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

^
ive never messed with either of them, but pretty much everything ive read either states the touchscreen is better or the same as the Iphone.

Being that Ive never had a smartphone, just by reading comments I get the feeling that Apple people get pissy when something else comes out. like theyre worried someone isnt going to think theyre the cool kid anymore or something.

The post is about the DROID, yet I see "3gS> droid ", um this isnt a comparison post.
I don't want to say he's lying. But from everything I read, the phone is running on the same hardware as the iPhone just an updateversion. Thus the "smoothness" of the U/I is actually better than that of the iPhone. I've read this alot actually.

I have both an iPhone and a Droid. Maybe it's the newness of the Droid, but I like it better.

Don't be fooled. The Droid's screen is brilliant.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Got a chance to play around with it at the verizon store. I was not impressed

The iphone just operates so much more smoother. The touch screen is more responsive as well

3gS> droid
You have to think how many other hands touched that phone prior to you getting there.
Of course the touch screen would be jacked up.
I was on the fence about which to get.
Thinking of going against the iphone "establishment" and coppin the Droid.

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Looks nice but I don't really like touch screen phones except the iphone
first Google Experience handset to offer built-in Adobe Flash support natively.
pimp.gif

thats dope.

I have Verizon my contract is up in August

I think I will be making the move to an i phone

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by parada45

I have Verizon my contract is up in August

I think I will be making the move to an i phone

Verizon to At&t? Good luck with that
laugh.gif

I think Verizon will be getting the i-phone by then.

My contract with Verizon contract allows me to get a new phone on January so it will either be the Droid or Rogue.
I played with the Droid at the store, it's pretty nice but wide, that is of course because I never had a smartphone before so the size is a bitoverwhelming.

This is NOT a comparision thread, but for the randoms: iPhone is a GREAT phone. Set the standards. However, I love the Android's OPEN SOURCE ability.People jailbreak the iPhone to do what the DROID already does. Customizing my Droid to the fullest at ease.

Screen is 480x854 compared to 480x320

Video recording is shot at DVD quality (720x480) on Droid.

Enough of that . . .

Just love it. And yes, I have owned an iPhone (for 6 weeks) but returned it because I was not happy with AT&T's service in my area.

Peace

RFX45 wrote:

I think Verizon will be getting the i-phone by then.

My contract with Verizon contract allows me to get a new phone on January so it will either be the Droid or Rogue.
I played with the Droid at the store, it's pretty nice but wide, that is of course because I never had a smartphone before so the size is a bit overwhelming.

industry insiders are saying by the 3rd quarter, but its going to be a smaller screen Iphone.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

next G1 imo, wasnt that supposed to b the iphone killer?
iphone>_

the g1 was really an outdated device when it came out because it was in development for so long but Google didnt want to change the phone since it was thefirst Android device. the Droid is everything wrong with the G1 hardware wise, revamped. Androids potential(which they are proving is not a fluke) > iphoneos potential at this point.

Back
Top Bottom