Motorola Droid Verizon Wireless

Wow. ##$. I just wrote a review and description for the 50 something apps I have and clicked the bottom right mouse button and everything is gone. Oh wellguess I'm not sharing that today.

The battery life is above average for a smart phone. But, you will still need a second battery if your a heavy user. 6-8 hours between charges. Lighter use aday and a half)

I found that turning off auto display, and lowering the display brightness level helps. I'm still planning on getting a seidio slim extended battery whenit gets released.

Where is the cheapest place to get this phone with a 2-year upgrade? Walmart.com for $150?

And what's the difference between the "email and web for smartphone" for $29.99 and the "PDA/smartphone unlimited" for $44.99?

@lobotomybeats

Honestly, no not at this moment. Definitely do it before the next update in January though. I'm sure a patch to some of the security holes will be madewith that update.

i was wondering what you guys think of the keyboard and performance of the phone?

1. playing with the droid at the vzw store, i found that my left thumb covered most of the keyboard and i had to stretch out my right thumb to type, since imoreless take the right of a qwerty keyboard with my right, and left thumb for left part. does anyone find any discomfort in this or it really isn't anissue after some getting used to?

2. my touch pro 2 for vzw has the best keyboard out on any phone pretty much. however being that its still 6.1 (
smh.gif
) its a little slow/laggy sometimes.performance isn't where id like it to be and there have been a few times where the phone froze on me. although microsoft says the 6.5 update will drop likedec-jan (and ill get it once its avail) how would you guys rate the performance of the droid? overall usage, basic functions like texting, running apps, andweb browsing.

i have 2 upgrades on my contract so i was wondering if the droid is a good investment. advice/thoughts are much appreciated

Originally Posted by PoloRSport

@lobotomybeats

Honestly, no not at this moment. Definitely do it before the next update in January though. I'm sure a patch to some of the security holes will be made with that update.
Ok, thanks for the info, dude. I didn't see any real reason to yet.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Any other must have apps? I got the Pandora and Weather Channel ones right now...

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

ok so i sent a text with a sound attatchment and i cant figure out how to save the sound file as a ringtone or notification! i need help, im about to smash this phone!!
When all else fails, try to press on it and hold... It should bring up a sub menu for saving options...
Google Goggles. Its dope. And taskkiller so you can actually close the running apps that are wasting your battery life.

It's very likely that I'm getting this phone this weekend. Just gotta go to the store and talk to them about plans and maybe letting me use my newevery 2 early. Also gonna browse the web and see how websites show up.

Loving the Droid. Android OS is great, and the keyboard is really not that bad but I have gotten used to the on-screen. I like the QWERTY when I'm browsingbut otherwise I'll stick to the virtual for the majority of my stuff.

Anyone get the update? What's different about it? My friend says it runs faster but I don't really notice it. Anyone tryout GDE yet?

The keyboard is one of the weakest features of the phone. It's manageable but can be downright uncomfortable with extended use (emulators). Texting wasfine but I generally prefer the virtual keyboard.

The worst feature of the phone is the lack of app rom. This is why the graphics are on a gameboy color level for most games. This can easily be changed whenand if google allows apps to be installed on the sd card.

Everything else is great. Call quality, responsiveness, browser speed, everything really works well. There are tons of great apps. (Pm me for a link)

@krazyg I posted a link and how to guide to do a force update. Which I did. So far so good.No complaints. Battery life has improved quite a bit. New unlock screen. Overall smoother os now. I'm using the latest GDE with hero theme, and beautifulhome.

Polo, do you like the new GDE? I have it installed but I am not using it. I was using it with the Obsidian skin (sleek) earlier, but didn't like the lag. Iam using Home ++ now.

So when the HTC Eris (or any other Android phone for that matter) recieves the 2.0 OS update its supposed to get next year, what would be the differencebetween them and the Droid?

Originally Posted by krey1231

So when the HTC Eris (or any other Android phone for that matter) recieves the 2.0 OS update its supposed to get next year, what would be the difference between them and the Droid?
da hardware that houses da OS of course....just because 2 computers run on windows 7 dont means they aren't worlds apart specswise.

mad.gif

So about 2/3 nights ago my phone prompted me that it had to do an update... so I let it update

After the update it made me resign into facebook, and asked me if I wanted to sync my contacts. I chose the option to only sync existing contacts withfacebook.

Now I was just going through my contacts and like 50 of them just disappeared.

What doesn't make sense is that some of my friends who have their numbers listed on facebook have disappeared, some haven't, and some who don'teven have facebook didn't disappear, while some have. So I can't have to do with that syncing?

mad.gif

And in my messaging I still have my conversations going, it still displays peoples full names, yet I don't have the option to add them to my contacts? !@!is going on

Originally Posted by tim teufel

just got two brand new droids. how much can i bump these off for?
Probably less than $299... I hope you got them under retail if you're planning on flipping. I don't see why anyone would want to buy froma random person when they could get a new one for around the same price you'll probably end up charging.

These things aren't like the talking elmo dolls or how the Wii was demand wise.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by tim teufel

just got two brand new droids. how much can i bump these off for?
Probably less than $299... I hope you got them under retail if you're planning on flipping. I don't see why anyone would want to buy from a random person when they could get a new one for around the same price you'll probably end up charging.

These things aren't like the talking elmo dolls or how the Wii was demand wise.
got them for free.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

mad.gif

So about 2/3 nights ago my phone prompted me that it had to do an update... so I let it update

After the update it made me resign into facebook, and asked me if I wanted to sync my contacts. I chose the option to only sync existing contacts with facebook.

Now I was just going through my contacts and like 50 of them just disappeared.

What doesn't make sense is that some of my friends who have their numbers listed on facebook have disappeared, some haven't, and some who don't even have facebook didn't disappear, while some have. So I can't have to do with that syncing?

mad.gif

And in my messaging I still have my conversations going, it still displays peoples full names, yet I don't have the option to add them to my contacts? !@! is going on

Same thing happened to me bro...just click contact and mess around with the sync options and eventually your disappeared contacts come back...BTW I reallydidn't see an improvement in battery life. I work 8 hours a day and by the end of every shift my phone is dead....that's with on a full charge and inmy pocket doing nothing, I text/browse on my break that's about it. Only gripe at the moment with this phone everything else is wonderful

Back
Top Bottom