Movie: Another Earth

Originally Posted by ScottyHoward42

john carter = avatar 2?

John Carter of Mars is almost 100 yrs old, more than likely similar fiction works like avatar are based on that.

NIBIRU 2012 that ALL they doin watch the last episode of the EVENT
pimp.gif

watch this yesterday. it's not a sci-fi movie per say... more of a chick flick.

both my friends who had no clue about this movie loved it to death. the ending was pretty good.

watch this yesterday. it's not a sci-fi movie per say... more of a chick flick.

both my friends who had no clue about this movie loved it to death. the ending was pretty good.

Movie was solid. It was definitively better than In Time. Direction and cinematography was superb and the acting was solid. The ending to me was a nice touch but didn't make sense..
Spoiler [+]
If Rhoda (Earth 2) was sent to Earth 1, the assumption is that Burroughs's family may be alive (otherwise if the course of actions were exactly the same, Burroughs would have been sent back to Earth 1 instead). This raises 2 main questions. One, if Burroughs from Earth 1 does find his family, Burroughs from Earth 2 would be there as well. This may play into Burroughs' theory about being the first in discovery and validate that "we aren't ready." The bottom line is why would Burroughs even go, knowing that if his family is still alive, there's another version of him. Second, the main reason Rhoda was chosen was because of her essay, which stated she was an ex-convict and yada-yada. If the accident never happened on Earth 2, she would have never been an ex-convict and her essay would have never existed (unless she committed another crime on Earth 2). I know everything I listed should be suspended because this is a sci-fi film, but IMO, it's even more important that they are addressed because it is science fiction (if that makes sense). I also never bought into the fact she wanted to go to Earth 2. IMO, it was just a bridge in the story until she heard that news broadcast (right before she decided to give her ticket to Burroughs).

Solid film overall, my issues with the story can't overcome a beautifully shot film with solid performances. 7/10.

Movie was solid. It was definitively better than In Time. Direction and cinematography was superb and the acting was solid. The ending to me was a nice touch but didn't make sense..
Spoiler [+]
If Rhoda (Earth 2) was sent to Earth 1, the assumption is that Burroughs's family may be alive (otherwise if the course of actions were exactly the same, Burroughs would have been sent back to Earth 1 instead). This raises 2 main questions. One, if Burroughs from Earth 1 does find his family, Burroughs from Earth 2 would be there as well. This may play into Burroughs' theory about being the first in discovery and validate that "we aren't ready." The bottom line is why would Burroughs even go, knowing that if his family is still alive, there's another version of him. Second, the main reason Rhoda was chosen was because of her essay, which stated she was an ex-convict and yada-yada. If the accident never happened on Earth 2, she would have never been an ex-convict and her essay would have never existed (unless she committed another crime on Earth 2). I know everything I listed should be suspended because this is a sci-fi film, but IMO, it's even more important that they are addressed because it is science fiction (if that makes sense). I also never bought into the fact she wanted to go to Earth 2. IMO, it was just a bridge in the story until she heard that news broadcast (right before she decided to give her ticket to Burroughs).

Solid film overall, my issues with the story can't overcome a beautifully shot film with solid performances. 7/10.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Spoiler [+]

didnt read your post at all
just stared at your avy haha more info

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Spoiler [+]

didnt read your post at all
just stared at your avy haha more info

Kind of disappointed. I thought this was going to have Plan B implications (L. Brown), but it looks more like a love story.

Kind of disappointed. I thought this was going to have Plan B implications (L. Brown), but it looks more like a love story.

I hate when movies end like this. I wana see what happens next. Another Earth ended stupid. I mad

I hate when movies end like this. I wana see what happens next. Another Earth ended stupid. I mad

Back
Top Bottom