Movie looks cray: THE PURGE starring Ethan Hawke

Kid was PISSING me off the whole time!!
Ol' Blanket Jackson lookin.... 
mean.gif

Yeah, glad I didn't pay for it.
A part of me wanted lady Lannister to murk her neighbors. I mean what happens now? They just go about their business like #%$# is all good?
laugh.gif

That blonde lady wanted to purge so bad.
roll.gif

Last edited:
How is it that the guy who sells security systems has such a terrible one? you never thought to test it to see if they could just put chains on the steel doors and pull them off w/ a truck?
laugh.gif

How is it that the guy who sells security systems has such a terrible one? you never thought to test it to see if they could just put chains on the steel doors and pull them off w/ a truck? :lol:

Fam, that's exactly what I thought when they pulled the doors off!

this joint was suuuuper corny

great original concept reduced to just another cat a mouse style movie

that much was evident in the trailer though...

the way every person got shot the same way buy someone coming from behind or something like that 
sick.gif

the dude with the mask with the corniest lines ever 
sick.gif

actually all the lines in the movie were really corny, like there is nothing about this movie that was good

not even any eye candy

Last edited:
I WANTED TO PUNCH THE SON AND DAUGHTER OUT FROM THE GET GO...

HOW YOU GOING TO LET YOUR BF TRY AND KILL YOUR DEAD AND THEN HE GETTING BLASED THEN YOU FREAKING OUT AND SAD.... WHAT ABOUT YOUR POPS? AND THE KID KEPT ON HELPING THE HOMELESS GUY AND NOT THINKING ABOUT HIS FAMILY.

PRIORITIES.

watched it and naw just naw couldnt rock with it...i agree, the son was a terrible character. not because of him letting the homeless guy in and helping him, but for being a spineless, sheltered ***** and not fighting back when they breached the house.

watched it and naw just naw couldnt rock with it...i agree, the son was a terrible character. not because of him letting the homeless guy in and helping him, but for being a spineless, sheltered ***** and not fighting back when they breached the house.
His whole family was spineless, they tried to send Ethan Hawke on a guilt trip. I understand the movie is supposed to the social commentary but it was unrealistic. If I'm in that situation, I'm protecting the fam by shooting and asking questions later.

The purge has some of the stupidest people in horror movie history. The son was a special kind stupid:smh:

I just said this to myself... How in the **** did the daughter just see her Bf try and clap her pops watched a half dead man come in the crib and dissapear and everyone decides that's its safe to just chill in their room

And BTW part 2 is coming & it stars Michael K. Williams
View media item 727836
I'm hoping this will be from the perspective of societies "lost"

Last edited:
^
I didn't know either. just saw this flick over the weekend and I agree with a lot of the comments on here. Son & daughter were both dumb. Ethan Hawkes character was the dumbest for not having a better security system.

this movie could turn into a franchise like the Saw series.

Turned off movie halfway through, didn't have one likable character. They were all stupid.

The thing about this is that although the first was sub par the concept is crazy and given a different cast and the fact that a sequel doesn't have to involve older characters at all i absolutely see this second one being much better.

Basing this off of the assumption that it is being centered around those who aren't wealthy.

Yeah, seeing this on the 1st pg again just reminded me how wasted the premise was. They just ended up doing a boring crazy ppl attack a family boarded up in their home with the twist that the neighbors are ****** up too.

Hopefully it gets better with a sequel. Chalky is a great start to explore the other side of things.

Definitely would be cool to see the Purge from the poorer or ppl thats out in the streets pov this time

They're making a sequel and this time they will focus on what is going on outside during the purge.

Turned off movie halfway through, didn't have one likable character. They were all stupid.
I wanted to slap that kid for opening the door to let the stranger in. I was bout to throw my remote through the tv when he did that ****!

They should have showed what was going on away from their house/neighborhood. Movie had a lot of potential but they dropped the ball.

Back
Top Bottom