MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

MoviePass has announced a new program for film buffs: for a $10 monthly fee, subscribers can see a movie in theaters once a day, at any theater that accepts debit cards.

A startup endeavor spearheaded by early Netflix executive Mitch Lowe, MoviePass has previously offered subscription services designed to get people back into theaters and pull them away from streaming services. The previous iteration of the service was a $15 subscription for two films a month, so this is a decidedly radical jump in the service’s value.

Would you guys cop this?

I had this a couple years ago but it was at $30 a month and I didn't really watch enough movies in theaters to justify that price.

yeah but i watch all my movies in imax and 3d imax and whatnot... im assuming all i will get is bare minimum movie experience...?

yeah but i watch all my movies in imax and 3d imax and whatnot... im assuming all i will get is bare minimum movie experience...?

Yeah it excludes 34 and Imax. I don't watch 3d, and Imax movies are like $15 a ticket so I mess with it.

Site is crashing because of today's news.

Tryna see which theaters around me support Moviepass, before I dive in.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Sounds like a hell of a deal.

Website isn't working for me. Would definitely like to see which spots near me are eligible.

They want you to buy popcorn and soda and candies each time. There is no money to make in the actual movie ticket.

Interesting concept. They need a popcorn pass though.

Yeah they are being stormed. I'm gonna give it a time to see if other companies try to back out.

Just signed up. Only 10 bucks. Not much to lose.

If works, I will be watching Atomoc Blonde
Annabelle
Detroit
Gunslinger
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom