MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Everyone shouldn’t judge MP now. Wait until the new plan kicks in for EVERYONE September 15th. Everyone should will be done with their current billing cycle by then. Hopefully it does back to normal. We might see “normal” come August 15th. For sure by September 15th.

The thing that bugs me the most about MoviePass, is the lack of communication and then the constant change, every week there is something new or different. I switched to AMC, and besides the Annual people and the people that do not have an AMC or Cinemark near them, I do not understand how anyone else is staying.

Its almost like McDonalds saying we only have small fries now, next week they say there are no fries, next week bring back fries, and the week after oh, no more fries you either have onion rings or tater tots...so inconsistent. And for MoviePass to not even try to explain why there are only two movies that display later in the day and one of them is always blacked out baffles me...

Want to have their cake and eat it too.

You see they want to burn off subscribers not to go broke but they aint trying to go way below their 3mil subscribers and look even worse in the market.

They reinstated me, reached out to customer support to see if they will assist because I get an error when I try to cancel. Luckily when I did cancel I put a new credit card on file just in case some shady ish happened, and look, some did. I have no problem cancelling that card so no charge comes through lol.

Well for me it seems yesterday on MP it was "Slenderman" day and today is "MI" day. The only movies I could see or check in to on each day. :stoneface:

I signed up last week but I still haven't used it. Sounds like you guys are having a bad experience right now. Should I just cancel before it becomes a headache?

https://deadline.com/2018/08/moviepass-hmny-shareholder-lawsuit-quarterly-loss-1202445563/

MoviePass Parent Posts $126M+ Quarterly Loss & Gets Sued By Shareholders At The Same Time
moviepass-logo.jpg

MoviePass
by Anthony D'Alessandro

and Dawn C. Chmielewski

August 14, 2018 4:29pm

BREAKING:
MoviePass parent company Helios and Matheson (HMNY) reported an operating loss of $126.6 million for the most recent quarter ending June 30. This follows a July of woes including their stock plummeting (again) under $1 after a 250-to-1 reverse stock split, and the service stalling on numerous occasions including the Thursday night before Mission: Impossible – Fallout opened when it looked like MoviePass ran out of money, and needed to take a $6M-plus loan.

RELATED
The MoviePass Effect? Cinemark Gains Traction With Movie Club...

But that’s not all. A class action lawsuit was made public as shareholders seek compensation after losing a significant amount of money. HMNY closed today at $0.05. The suit was filed against Helios and Matheson, CEO Ted Farnsworth and CFO Stuart Benson.

Shareholder Jeffrey Braxton filed suit Monday in federal district court in New York on behalf of hundreds, or potentially thousands, of investors who suffered losses because they were misled about the company’s business and its prospects.

Despite press releases touting MoviePass’ subscriber growth, the suit contends its business model was unsustainable and that it was inevitable that the parent company Helios would “run out of cash” or lose so much money as to raise questions about whether it could remain a viable business.

“MoviePass’ business model was not sustainable because there was no reasonable basis to believe MoviePass could monetize the model to a degree that could be maintained before being too buried in debt to survive,” wrote attorney Mark Levine on behalf of Braxton. (Read the full suit here.)

The turning point came on July 27, when Helios disclosed in a regulatory filing that it couldn’t make payments to its merchants, and that resulted in a service interruption. Helios’ stock plummeted, losing 96% of its value since that SEC filing.

“False and misleading statements or material omissions … caused the damages suffered by [Braxton] and the other class embers,” the suit contends.

Braxton asks the court to certify the complaint as a class action suit and to hold a trial, where he and others could seek to recover their losses.

A year ago in the quarter ending June 30, HMNY recorded a loss of $2.7 million — that’s before they attempted to revive the monthly movie ticket subscription service MoviePass last August with a $9.99/month one movie ticket a day plan.

MoviePass, in the wake of the Mission:Impossible debacle has been erratic in regards to its change-up of subscription plans, first saying that it would not service big studio movies, and then announcing a three movies a month for $14.99.

I canceled twice before my billing period ended and I still got charged today. Why is it so hard to effin cancel this ****? I unlinked my Paypal account to Moviepass so they have no way of charging me now.

i swear i checked an hour ago and almost all movies were available including MI which I've already seen

i check again right now and only crazy rich asians and christopher robin are available

Yep, I checked at 1pm and it had everything I hadn't seen yet and now I just see those two(CRA and Christopher Robin)

Yeah, I'm getting rid of this when it's up

Mile 22 is definitely on my list for this weekend. I might go see it Thursday since I have one more with A-List until it resets.
I might see Alpha also

I guess it's a location thing as well because I have never seen MI6 on my app

I canceled twice before my billing period ended and I still got charged today. Why is it so hard to effin cancel this ****? I unlinked my Paypal account to Moviepass so they have no way of charging me now.
Damn should've been did this b.

Back
Top Bottom