Moving out.......how to do it? What age did you do it?

You have to realize the most important reason why dudes want to move out is for female company. If it wasn't for the fact that it is embarrassing to tell a female that, "I still live at home" I am pretty sure more and more dudes would stay at home until the time is REALLY right. My opinion of course.

Graduated in December, have a stable job, moving out for the first time on my own in about a week at the age of 23. My mentality when I first graduated was to reach a large savings goal before I moved out. I've reached half of it, but I just can't take being home any longer. I'll reach the goal, but it'll just take longer.

Graduated in December, have a stable job, moving out for the first time on my own in about a week at the age of 23. My mentality when I first graduated was to reach a large savings goal before I moved out. I've reached half of it, but I just can't take being home any longer. I'll reach the goal, but it'll just take longer.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You have to realize the most important reason why dudes want to move out is for female company. If it wasn't for the fact that it is embarrassing to tell a female that, "I still live at home" I am pretty sure more and more dudes would stay at home until the time is REALLY right. My opinion of course.

exactly. I got lucky tho, live in a 3 story house with my boys and all we do is pay utilities
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

exactly. I got lucky tho, live in a 3 story house with my boys and all we do is pay utilities
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I got my own crib at age 20. I had planned to move out at 18 (so did my Mom, black parents don't play), but my grandfather got sick, he lived with us. After he passed, we sold our house and me and my Mom got our own separate cribs. She only lives like 15 minutes from me.

I got my own crib at age 20. I had planned to move out at 18 (so did my Mom, black parents don't play), but my grandfather got sick, he lived with us. After he passed, we sold our house and me and my Mom got our own separate cribs. She only lives like 15 minutes from me.

Originally Posted by ncjamn

Moved out at 25. I was ready at like 23 but my money wasn't right.

Money still isn't right but I felt like I needed that independence

I had to weigh the pros (mostly the independence) vs the cons (having nosey parents, paying rent).  My parents said to stay one more year but I felt like I wouldn't mature as long as I was under their roof.  Not that I was exactly dependent on them, but that I needed to experience what it was truly like being out on my own (as opposed to college) and learning responsibilites that were necessary to be a functioning adult.

Originally Posted by ncjamn

Moved out at 25. I was ready at like 23 but my money wasn't right.

Money still isn't right but I felt like I needed that independence

I had to weigh the pros (mostly the independence) vs the cons (having nosey parents, paying rent).  My parents said to stay one more year but I felt like I wouldn't mature as long as I was under their roof.  Not that I was exactly dependent on them, but that I needed to experience what it was truly like being out on my own (as opposed to college) and learning responsibilites that were necessary to be a functioning adult.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Staying at home with the mentality that you'll be saving money, is not gonna happen, unless you have the mentality that you are seriously planning to move out.

I told myself before I left he nest that I was gonna stay and save up my money, but that never happened. You end up blowing it.
this is basically how I am right now.  I hope this time next year that I'll be out of the crib.  Just can't take it anymore.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Staying at home with the mentality that you'll be saving money, is not gonna happen, unless you have the mentality that you are seriously planning to move out.

I told myself before I left he nest that I was gonna stay and save up my money, but that never happened. You end up blowing it.
this is basically how I am right now.  I hope this time next year that I'll be out of the crib.  Just can't take it anymore.

im 23 right now.. graduated back fall of 09, got a full time job.. i still live at home..

but what it's done for me is that i was able to clear out my $5k CC debt, $10k of my $30k undergrad student loan..

if i moved out would not have been able to cover up myself so quickly...

now im going back for my masters, and probably wouldn't have been able to if i left home..

im 23 right now.. graduated back fall of 09, got a full time job.. i still live at home..

but what it's done for me is that i was able to clear out my $5k CC debt, $10k of my $30k undergrad student loan..

if i moved out would not have been able to cover up myself so quickly...

now im going back for my masters, and probably wouldn't have been able to if i left home..

Kinda curious, but how do your parents feel about moving out? My mom is quite against it, actually. My brother (who's 25 now) is planning on moving out in a few months and my mom initially opposed it, and told me and my brother how she envisioned us staying at home until we were in our late-20s.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Kinda curious, but how do your parents feel about moving out? My mom is quite against it, actually. My brother (who's 25 now) is planning on moving out in a few months and my mom initially opposed it, and told me and my brother how she envisioned us staying at home until we were in our late-20s.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Im 20 I had my own place a few months ago for the first time... at first i loved it... but i regret not choosing my roomates more carefully one of them was mad cool and the other one was a complete slob...

That would be my best advice choose your roomates carefully and make sure you have like 2 months rent in advance it helps out

Im 20 I had my own place a few months ago for the first time... at first i loved it... but i regret not choosing my roomates more carefully one of them was mad cool and the other one was a complete slob...

That would be my best advice choose your roomates carefully and make sure you have like 2 months rent in advance it helps out

Listen to Cam Nelson.

I'm only earning half of my ideal salary right now so there's no way I'm moving out. I'd be eating crappy food, living cheque to cheque every month if I did move out. I'm considering on moving out once I get my ideal salary - meaning, with all my expenses and necessities and life paid every month, I can still enjoy and have fun and not work extra hours.

I've known a lot of people who moved out and are not living comfortably. Independence? Sure, but you're starving and I'm not.

Listen to Cam Nelson.

I'm only earning half of my ideal salary right now so there's no way I'm moving out. I'd be eating crappy food, living cheque to cheque every month if I did move out. I'm considering on moving out once I get my ideal salary - meaning, with all my expenses and necessities and life paid every month, I can still enjoy and have fun and not work extra hours.

I've known a lot of people who moved out and are not living comfortably. Independence? Sure, but you're starving and I'm not.

moved out at 18 for college. got lucky and had a job waiting for me when i graduated. was able to pay off my $13k in student loans before interest kicked in (6 months after grad).
pimp.gif

but now i'm unemployed and might have to move back home until i find a new job.
frown.gif

Moved out at 17.

I'm spending the month at my mothers waiting on the lease for a house with some friends. Of the 10 days since I've officially moved back in, I've spent 3 nights here.
roll.gif

Once the lease is done with, I'll begin moving stuff in. Which will hopefully be done by tomorrow.

Can't wait.
pimp.gif

moved out at 18 for college. got lucky and had a job waiting for me when i graduated. was able to pay off my $13k in student loans before interest kicked in (6 months after grad).
pimp.gif

but now i'm unemployed and might have to move back home until i find a new job.
frown.gif

Moved out at 17.

I'm spending the month at my mothers waiting on the lease for a house with some friends. Of the 10 days since I've officially moved back in, I've spent 3 nights here.
roll.gif

Once the lease is done with, I'll begin moving stuff in. Which will hopefully be done by tomorrow.

Can't wait.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom