MTV 2011 Hottest MC Nominees vol. Trolling MTV is trolling

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

indifferent.gif
 Debatable? He arguably had the best cd of 2011. He also murked every feature in 2011.

Can't STAND Kendrick Lamar. 

Dude thinks rapping fast makes you "dope" now. 

He just doesn't have "it" to me.

Theres no degree of "artistry" to him in my eyes. 

Him and J Cole are in the same boat of uncharismatic rappers with cult fans. 

You've said some crazy stuff in the past but this....this $!** just....
3cd8a33a.png

I respect him...for his hustle...but I just can't rock with dude.
*shrug*

Its the intangibles. If i'm supposed to enjoy his product as MUSIC...I just can't do that comfortably. 

Even if he has a message, if its not enjoyable to some degree then I can't rock with it. I'm not saying that I have to be dancing etc, but even music about the struggle grips you in the slightest. Ive never been compelled to listen to a second replay of any of his songs.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

2 Chainz

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
It would funny if it weren't true....
eyes.gif

Dude has been everywhere and I have no problem with that acclaim. Dude has worked very hard and his cemented his name over the past year as a artist to look for.

sillyputty wrote

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Kendrick Lamar is debatable. 
indifferent.gif
 Debatable? He arguably had the best cd of 2011. He also murked every feature in 2011.

wow
laugh.gif
 it's your opinion though so...

indifferent.gif

wow
laugh.gif
 it's your opinion though so...

Sillyputty is an atheist so of course he wouldnt respect the god

50,Jadakiss,Jim Jones,Nas,T.I. and Fab in 2012?

What is wrong with you dudes on here
- T.I Came outta jail & performed at a Taylor Swift show, has hopped on every Remix possible, Has a Hot Mixtape, and has a Family show on VH1

- Fab has consistently been killing since he dropped, Is also featured Heavily on features, There isn't a day that goes by where you don't hear a fab song on radio, Still dropping Hot mixtapes, and has affiliation with L&HH

- Nas, A top 5 rapper in Most peoples heads, Has been touring the WORLD with Damian Marley, has a new album lined up this year, & just finished performing on the X games

How many times does it have to be explained that this list isnt about skill, or best overall talent, It's about who has a BUZZ & who's making MOVES, Music is just a category in this list
grin.gif

Are you dudes on NT high or do ya'll just completely Disregard everything that goes on in the REAL world. Did you not hear HII power, Do you not see Cole is already gold on his rookie release or the fact that he's constantly on TV & radio

Originally Posted by tyisny

50,Jadakiss,Jim Jones,Nas,T.I. and Fab in 2012?

What is wrong with you dudes on here
- T.I Came outta jail & performed at a Taylor Swift show, has hopped on every Remix possible, Has a Hot Mixtape, and has a Family show on VH1

- Fab has consistently been killing since he dropped, Is also featured Heavily on features, There isn't a day that goes by where you don't hear a fab song on radio, Still dropping Hot mixtapes, and has affiliation with L&HH

- Nas, A top 5 rapper in Most peoples heads, Has been touring the WORLD with Damian Marley, has a new album lined up this year, & just finished performing on the X games

How many times does it have to be explained that this list isnt about skill, or best overall talent, It's about who has a BUZZ & who's making MOVES, Music is just a category in this list
grin.gif
I never said that they're wack at all,they're actually 3 of my fav rappers but the list is supposed to be the "hottest" rappers at the moment and neither one of those 3 have made any real noise over the past year

Originally Posted by tyisny

Are you dudes on NT high or do ya'll just completely Disregard everything that goes on in the REAL world. Did you not hear HII power, Do you not see Cole is already gold on his rookie release or the fact that he's constantly on TV & radio

J Coles album might have been a commercial success but I couldn't stand it. I thought it was extremely weak. I don't have to like something because of ticket sales or cd purchases. HiiiPower? Meh. I could barely get through most of his tape. The "where are we going" was dope but he suffers from average production and subject matter that gets overlooked as being progressive when it's really not. He just isn't that rewarding to listen to IMO. But hey, you're free to do/say what you want.

Kendrick Lamar is debatable. He is hit or miss to me personally... but the lack of Dom or Gibbs or KRIT is straight blasphemy.

and I'm sorry. Common isn't a "hot" MC right now. Celebrate was cool. Sweet was cool. But if the names missing on that list aren't "hot" then he sure as hell isn't. 

And if French is on that list, Flocka should be on there. Cause when it comes down to it, dude STAYS dropping heat. 

Even accounting for record spins, this list doesn't make any sense. 

I also find it REMARKABLY interesting that they never count Flo-Rida...but dude is probably taking massive dumps on all of them.  Dude is actually a great artist IMO. Hes not a singer. Hes a pop-rapper, but hes very good at what he does

Future ain't hot? ...aight.  
eyes.gif
 Dude has like 5 massive songs right now. 
laugh.gif

laff.gif
....this has to be the most hilarious post in this thread besides that list.....

MTV never had credibility where hip hop is concerned. What yall talking about in here?

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

Kendrick Lamar is debatable. He is hit or miss to me personally... but the lack of Dom or Gibbs or KRIT is straight blasphemy.

and I'm sorry. Common isn't a "hot" MC right now. Celebrate was cool. Sweet was cool. But if the names missing on that list aren't "hot" then he sure as hell isn't. 

And if French is on that list, Flocka should be on there. Cause when it comes down to it, dude STAYS dropping heat. 

I also find it REMARKABLY interesting that they never count Flo-Rida...but dude is probably taking massive dumps on all of them.  Dude is actually a great artist IMO. Hes not a singer. Hes a pop-rapper, but hes very good at what he does

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

laff.gif
....this has to be the most hilarious post in this thread besides that list.....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

laff.gif

I'm being comLetely serious. I don't own a Florida album but I'll listen to him over the Black Eyed Peas. What hasn't he done that everyone on that list has?He has a number one song as of today. He raps over party beats... And?I'm just playing devils advocate here. A strong case COULD be made for him.Nikki made it right? Wiz made it right? It just hit me as to why we never see his name but he is A CONSISTENT hit maker.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

laff.gif

I'm being comLetely serious.

I don't own a Florida album but I'll listen to him over the Black Eyed Peas. What hasn't he done that everyone on that list has?

He has a number one song as of today.

He raps over party beats... And?

I'm just playing devils advocate here. A strong case COULD be made for him.

Nikki made it right? Wiz made it right?

It just hit me as to why we never see his name but he is A CONSISTENT hit maker.

Homey I dont listen to Flo-Rida at all and I dont hold him in high regards like that, he a pop artist and is in the same boat as Pitbull IMO.

Kendrick Lamar is debatable. 
indifferent.gif

The only problem Big Krit dropped a mixtape last year.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

50 maino and red cafe have no business being on that list
laugh.gif
Maino & Red Cafe aren't gonna blow. Ever. Ain't met a fan of either and if I did, they're not someone I trust very much. 
I hate Mac Miller but he needs a spot. 

No Meek? No Kendrick? No J. Cole? No Krit? 

Jadakiss?!! Word? 

Nas is even questionable. And looking at that list you could even make a case for A$AP Rocky.

It be some old heads making these lists. I swear. 
laugh.gif

Kendrick Lamar isn't debatable. I personally don't like his music, but I'd be a fool to say son don't be spittin. He should be on there
I dont get how Cole isn't on there, dude had a debut album go gold, that alone should solidify his spot.

Krit should def. be on there instead of Red Cafe's weak @!%.  He's done nothing, neither has Maino.  You find me somebody outside the tri-state who can name 2 songs from Cafe and Maino.....don't worry I'll wait.

I swear my mother could've made a better list than this.

Damn... damn... damb... NT... I don't know what to say...but I think something is wrong with me because I... I... really somewhat somehow agree with everything sillyputty has said in this thread.

Krit being like my favorite right now... but this dude I know who's heavy into the music scene said Krit is dope as hell and probably one of, if not the best artists out with the best material out exluding anyone including the greats... but he spits that pro-black self conscious *%*+ that mainstream doesn't want to hear so he'll never blow up and will always be an Internet/blog rapper. I got kind of mad on the low, but I didn't show it.

He said for Krit to become successful he has to, what we Internet dudes would call "sell out" to make money.

Dude straight up said that nobody wants to hear that pro-black *%*+ and talk of urban struggle... he did have a point in saying that look at all the rappers that took that route before and look where they're at now and how successful they are financial wise... I had to stay quiet and just listen lol.

I don't give a flying F though I'll still rock with my dude Krit... I just hope he doesn't switch up from what made him to what he is today to appeal to the masses... he's been the only breath of fresh air music wise for me since... well since I can remember.

Can't wait for his new mixtape!

something tells me Rick Ross is gonna win the Hottest MC of the year, can't lie he has been very consistent over the years

I think the problem with the list is it just has 0 credibility.  
Coming from MTV i wouldn't expect them to include good rappers.  I would expect just the poppy rappers that the mainstream eats up.

But that being said i would expect J. Cole to be there...and pitbull and flo-rida.  And they aren't.  So maybe they are trying to have some integrity with the list and including good rappers.....nope....no KRIT no Kendrick.

I honestly never pay attention to this dumb list but it just bothers me that there is no rationale behind the people they pick.  They should just say "record sales" or "rapping ability" or something.  "Hottest" MC is just too non-descriptive for me.  

Back
Top Bottom