MTV Presents The Challenge: Fall 2011, Cast Spoilers (pg. 49)

Originally Posted by BOSS TYCOON 408

"THE CHALLENGE: RIVALS" FINALE DELIVERS ITS HIGHEST RATINGS IN SIX SEASONS

MTV Has Picked-up A 22nd Cycle of the Show, Which Was Wednesday's #1 Original Cable Series This Season

SANTA MONICA, CALIF. (August 24, 2011) - The finale of MTV's "The Challenge: Rivals" delivered its best ratings in six seasons with a season-high 2.4 P12-34 rating and 2.4 million total viewers, up 71% from last season's finale. The series was Wednesday's #1 original cable series this season, and the highest-rated season in four cycles, since 2009. In addition, the finale was the #1 original cable telecast among P12-34, and #1 in its timeslot across all TV among P12-34.

On the heels of "The Challenge: Rivals" huge finale, MTV has picked up a 22nd season of the show, which will debut in 2012.

"The Challenge: Rivals," was created for MTV by Bunim/Murray Productions. Jonathan Murray, Scott Freeman and Justin Booth serve as executive producers. Jacquelyn French is the MTV executive overseeing the series.

Source: The Nielsen Company. Live+SD P12-34 coverage ratings. "The Challenge: Rivals" premiere telecasts (6/22/11-08/24/11). Highest-rated telecast since "The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Gauntlet III" season finale (3/19/08; 2.7 rating). Highest-rated season since "The Duel II" (4/08/09-6/10/09; 1.7 rating). Time period rank based on P12-34 impressions.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap...-for-22nd-season/101476/
And people thought it was getting canceled.
eyes.gif

Am I the only person that thinks the show would suck with people from 16 and preg or jersey shore joining?
eyes.gif

Snookie and Deena would quit after the first challenge
laugh.gif

Am I the only person that thinks the show would suck with people from 16 and preg or jersey shore joining?
eyes.gif

Snookie and Deena would quit after the first challenge
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by shogun
I like the idea of the Teen Mom/16 & Pregnant @%*%!+ being on the show... Farrah would get ran through, Janelle would be doing lines, Kyle & Ryan as rivals... Gaaaaaaaarrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy
roll.gif
Farrah and Maci with their new boob implants.  
devil.gif

Gary can be a rival with his fat, ugly baby mama.  He might be quick for his size, he can face Eric in an elimination challenge.  The arena would start shaking.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by shogun
I like the idea of the Teen Mom/16 & Pregnant @%*%!+ being on the show... Farrah would get ran through, Janelle would be doing lines, Kyle & Ryan as rivals... Gaaaaaaaarrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy
roll.gif
Farrah and Maci with their new boob implants.  
devil.gif

Gary can be a rival with his fat, ugly baby mama.  He might be quick for his size, he can face Eric in an elimination challenge.  The arena would start shaking.

Curious of what the next theme for the next challenge will be. They should go back to singles competition since the last 4 challenges have been team oriented.

Curious of what the next theme for the next challenge will be. They should go back to singles competition since the last 4 challenges have been team oriented.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

MTV Has Picked-up A 22nd Cycle of the Show, Which Was Wednesday's #1 Original Cable Series This Season

SANTA MONICA, CALIF. (August 24, 2011) - The finale of MTV's "The Challenge: Rivals" delivered its best ratings in six seasons with a season-high 2.4 P12-34 rating and 2.4 million total viewers, up 71% from last season's finale. The series was Wednesday's #1 original cable series this season, and the highest-rated season in four cycles, since 2009. In addition, the finale was the #1 original cable telecast among P12-34, and #1 in its timeslot across all TV among P12-34.

On the heels of "The Challenge: Rivals" huge finale, MTV has picked up a 22nd season of the show, which will debut in 2012.

"The Challenge: Rivals," was created for MTV by Bunim/Murray Productions. Jonathan Murray, Scott Freeman and Justin Booth serve as executive producers. Jacquelyn French is the MTV executive overseeing the series.

Source: The Nielsen Company. Live+SD P12-34 coverage ratings. "The Challenge: Rivals" premiere telecasts (6/22/11-08/24/11). Highest-rated telecast since "The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Gauntlet III" season finale (3/19/08; 2.7 rating). Highest-rated season since "The Duel II" (4/08/09-6/10/09; 1.7 rating). Time period rank based on P12-34 impressions.
eyes.gif
Yea it was on the ropes on a renewal or cancelation.  It's only a renewal for one season so the challenges have to keep the ratings up. There are rumors that Justin Booth is on his way out so maybe a new executive producer can give this show new life.  
I wanted at least two more seasons like how the real world got theirs but I'm still glad for one more season.  I definitely will be watching the Real World and the Challenge until the end.

eyes.gif
Yea it was on the ropes on a renewal or cancelation.  It's only a renewal for one season so the challenges have to keep the ratings up. There are rumors that Justin Booth is on his way out so maybe a new executive producer can give this show new life.  
I wanted at least two more seasons like how the real world got theirs but I'm still glad for one more season.  I definitely will be watching the Real World and the Challenge until the end.

Yea Ev didn't want to tell anyone about her broken ribs because she didn't want to be sent home because of it.
On the Wes interview on Derricks podcast he says that they are in a green screen room for 3 hours for a guided interview and they pick the most ridiculous stuff to make a storyline.

Most of the cast won't take the interviews to heart about what is said and sometimes cast members would apologize before a show on a text or call.

Numerous times I hear Kenny and Johnny say how they get fed small portions of food.

They made many rules over the years such as no computers, phones, etc... (Probably so they won't spoil anything but probably so they can go crazy)

One other reason to have Kenny and Johnny stay is for entertainment since no electronics

They couldn't really send Jenn home for the Cara push because it does cost money to fly someone in

Some of the cast play up for the camera for example Wes knows he plays a villain if not he wouldn't be asked back on these challenges

Just ask if you want any more facts.. I got plenty just can't think of all right now.
None of this is really insider info, maybe outside of Ev's broken ribs. It's very clear, and has been for awhile, that Bunim/Murray has strict standards on communication (goes for all their shows, like Bad Girls Club). It goes back many years when they finally had internet in one of the RW houses. The cast members literally sat on the computer all day so they had to curb their use. They don't want them communicating much outside the group in the house. 

If you want to consider this insider info, I read that Kenny and Wes actually had a 45 minute lead going into where they had to stand on the rock and the other sleeps.  Someone who attended the reunion show said that.
Funny you mention that because I noticed it. When kenny and wes arrived there was daylight, and when Johnny and tyler arrived it was pretty dark, even though the cameras showed them being close together.  

Yea Ev didn't want to tell anyone about her broken ribs because she didn't want to be sent home because of it.
On the Wes interview on Derricks podcast he says that they are in a green screen room for 3 hours for a guided interview and they pick the most ridiculous stuff to make a storyline.

Most of the cast won't take the interviews to heart about what is said and sometimes cast members would apologize before a show on a text or call.

Numerous times I hear Kenny and Johnny say how they get fed small portions of food.

They made many rules over the years such as no computers, phones, etc... (Probably so they won't spoil anything but probably so they can go crazy)

One other reason to have Kenny and Johnny stay is for entertainment since no electronics

They couldn't really send Jenn home for the Cara push because it does cost money to fly someone in

Some of the cast play up for the camera for example Wes knows he plays a villain if not he wouldn't be asked back on these challenges

Just ask if you want any more facts.. I got plenty just can't think of all right now.
None of this is really insider info, maybe outside of Ev's broken ribs. It's very clear, and has been for awhile, that Bunim/Murray has strict standards on communication (goes for all their shows, like Bad Girls Club). It goes back many years when they finally had internet in one of the RW houses. The cast members literally sat on the computer all day so they had to curb their use. They don't want them communicating much outside the group in the house. 

If you want to consider this insider info, I read that Kenny and Wes actually had a 45 minute lead going into where they had to stand on the rock and the other sleeps.  Someone who attended the reunion show said that.
Funny you mention that because I noticed it. When kenny and wes arrived there was daylight, and when Johnny and tyler arrived it was pretty dark, even though the cameras showed them being close together.  

Personally I think that they should've had it mentioned before the final about there being a day two and the set lead just like in the Fresh Meat 2 finals or they could have had a longer Day two so there wouldn't have to be any set leads. Wes stated on his Twitter that they only lost by 10 seconds so its pretty sad to see a poorly thought out rule on a final.

Personally I think that they should've had it mentioned before the final about there being a day two and the set lead just like in the Fresh Meat 2 finals or they could have had a longer Day two so there wouldn't have to be any set leads. Wes stated on his Twitter that they only lost by 10 seconds so its pretty sad to see a poorly thought out rule on a final.

Laurel and Cara Maria been prancing around in their underoos on their Ustream. Trolled them and I got kicked out. But I was still able to watch and fap.

Laurel and Cara Maria been prancing around in their underoos on their Ustream. Trolled them and I got kicked out. But I was still able to watch and fap.

Bring in Dustin Zito for lulz too
laugh.gif
The whole time I was thinking he would have made more sense for LeRoy than Mike. Since Roy and Mike were the only team that weren't Rivals.

And I think Roy and Zito would have made a good team. Zito far more athletic than Mike. Would have put up a better fight in the finals.

They woulda ROASTED him in that house though!

Bring in Dustin Zito for lulz too
laugh.gif
The whole time I was thinking he would have made more sense for LeRoy than Mike. Since Roy and Mike were the only team that weren't Rivals.

And I think Roy and Zito would have made a good team. Zito far more athletic than Mike. Would have put up a better fight in the finals.

They woulda ROASTED him in that house though!

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

where where where
Zito on the challenge would be comedy 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

where where where
Zito on the challenge would be comedy 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

just saw the final, i think Adam and CT woulda killed it IMO

Wes is pathetic. i know its tough as hell but he struggled like a little girl.

just saw the final, i think Adam and CT woulda killed it IMO

Wes is pathetic. i know its tough as hell but he struggled like a little girl.

Back
Top Bottom