MTVs Hottest MC in the Game 2013 List Vol. KanYe Gave Sway his First TV

apparently the MTV judges don't know what it means to be hot because when I go to a club or are just walking around college campus I hear a lot more "as long as my ******* love me" or "I don't likes" rather than any song by nas or rick ross. I could've seen lil wayne being like 8 after dedication 4. asap rocky derserves a top five spot after LONG LIVE ASAP. 2 chainz deserves #1 after based on a truu story and the countless features he was on. the biggest snub at least to me is to not even have chief keef on the list he had a hotter year than some of the most known rappers while putting out great music for only being 17. maybe the mtv judges don't like how blunt chief keef is but that doesn't translate to the criteria of the list which is the hottest mc chief keef dropped back from the dead which he killed and finally rich which might go platinum that's not hot I don't like I hate being sober and whatever he drops when he gets out of juvenile hall this was an unjustified snub. I just personally feel chief keef, il wayne, wiz khalifa, or juicy j are more deserving than nas or rick ross for hottest mc

:rofl: at Soulja boy being mad

Almost forgot about Tygas sucess in 2012. But that's probably the reason he wasn't on the list, cause other people forgot about it too :lol: I wouldn't know who to take off to add him, so they got it right.

Jeezy's last album came out December 30 2011. So while it may not qualify for that their timeframe, it's closer to 1 year ago and "Leave You Alone" was hitting in 2012. And he dropped a tape.

Big Sean had the 3rd best verse on 2 Kanye records and dropped a tape. And if Kanye's verse wasn't so tragic on "Mercy", it would have been even worse. Guap did OK.

I mean, if Sean is on, where is Tyga? Who actually dropped an album, had "Rack City" still hitting in 2012, "Faded" and "Dope" and dropped a tape?

And I don't like either one of them dudes!

I see your point but the Tyga mention threw me waaayyy off. Sean is buzzing a lot more than Tyga.
i dunno...that rack city was everywhere.

That song was big but whatever buzz he had died down. I don't hear anybody bumping Tyga as much as the dudes in bottom 5 of that list.

Is future even a rapper?

:lol: Iono what dude is, I can't take him serious as a rapper but he had a big year.

I'm surprised they had Nas at 4 but I'm not mad :pimp:

Last edited:
I can't LOL enough @ soulja being in his feelings. You garbage clown.

List is hit or miss, how you got Ye behind Lil Sean?

Nas before Drizzy? Cmon fam.

I dunno how people are saying Meek Mill shouldn't even be on the list. He had a big 2012

-Amen

-Burn

-Young & Gettin' It

And then he was featured on Bag of Money, Bad ***, My Moment, So Sophisticated, Triumphant and then he dropped DC 2 and D&N. Maybach Curtains, Believe It, Face Down, House Party, etc.

Dude had a big year, arguably should be higher.

I'm happy Nas got 4 but I think he should have gotten the 2 spot over ross and 2chainz.  The ish he dropped was definitely better than God Forgives I Don't by far I know that much

I'm happy Nas got 4 but I think he should have gotten the 2 spot over ross and 2chainz.  The ish he dropped was definitely better than God Forgives I Don't by far I know that much
Damn right . Nas is my second favorite rapper next to Jay-Z

im tryna figure out why kanye thinks "lucky I aint have jay drop u from the team" is such a good line

I see your point but the Tyga mention threw me waaayyy off. Sean is buzzing a lot more than Tyga.

"Faded" was big. "Dope" was as well. I see the year Tyga had just as comparable to the year Sean had.

Like I said, Sean was basically sitting in the back seat of a Ferrari.

This list is twisted because I'd also say Rocky and Meek should be higher than Sean based on Feb 2012-13.

Lists.....

Eh at least Kendrick Got first. I hate lists.

Not to be that guy. But everyone always says Kendrick is so deep and his lyrics have layers but yet no one ever gives examples. I feel like a lot of people just repeat what they hear others saying. Like its cool to say Kendrick is lyrical and deep and people acting like you are smarter for saying that. I love Kendrick and all but his album isn't on a Food and Liquor level of depth or anything.

^ I don't know about deep but he is a great lyricist and his storytelling is crazy.

"Faded" was big. "Dope" was as well. I see the year Tyga had just as comparable to the year Sean had.

I don't see that at all. I don't hear anybody bumping Tyga's music outside of a strip club. I hear Big Sean pretty much everywhere.

Not to be that guy. But everyone always says Kendrick is so deep and his lyrics have layers but yet no one ever gives examples. I feel like a lot of people just repeat what they hear others saying. Like its cool to say Kendrick is lyrical and deep and people acting like you are smarter for saying that. I love Kendrick and all but his album isn't on a Food and Liquor level of depth or anything.

Maybe GKMC isn't as sociaily deep as F&L but its a better album IMO. The storytelling is amazing and it just flows better.

I do disagree with you regarding Kendrick being deep and lyrical. A good example of a Kendrick song with depth and layered lyrics is actually BDKMV. Very simple hook but the lyrics in the verse talk perfectly about not wanting to conform to standards both in society and in hip-hop when it comes to making music.

"How can I paint this picture when the colorblind is hanging with ya?!"

Maybe GKMC isn't as sociaily deep as F&L but its a better album IMO. The storytelling is amazing and it just flows better.

I do disagree with you regarding Kendrick being deep and lyrical. A good example of a Kendrick song with depth and layered lyrics is actually BDKMV. Very simple hook but the lyrics in the verse talk perfectly about not wanting to conform to standards both in society and in hip-hop when it comes to making music.

"How can I paint this picture when the colorblind is hanging with ya?!"

I am not saying kendrick isn't deep. I love kendrick and i think good kid mad city was an amazing album. And i do think GKMC is more accessable then F&L ever was. But i just some times get the feeling that people say he is deep then everyone else agrees and then people have this mid set of kendrick is the most lyrical rapper ever type steez. I put it in the spoiler because the statement itself sounds hipster/elitist and thats not really how i meant it but how it will come across.

I watched this video and that was the feeling it got

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2013/03/09/kendrick-lamar-named-hottest-mc-of-2013-by-mtv/

don't know how to imbed non youtube vids

^I think that's cause a lot of people who don't pay attention to lyrics were blindsided and caught off guard by him. They finally opened their ears to something other than (insert vague overused YM punchline), so KL is something entirely new and different to them :lol:

^ I don't know about deep but he is a great lyricist and his storytelling is crazy.
I don't see that at all. I don't hear anybody bumping Tyga's music outside of a strip club. I hear Big Sean pretty much everywhere.

I hear Tyga songs on the radio as much, if not more, than Big Sean songs. Over the last 12 months at least. Meaning it's their song.

Not counting Sean's guest verses on Kanye records. Which were less than stellar.

If we're talking off the radio, I don't hear many people "bumping" either really.

So if Tyga is getting some burn in the strip clubs and Sean is getting some burn "elsewhere", then it's still about even.

Tyga got some Reeboks too! HA!

Like I said, I don't like either at all.

But in terms of what people have done over the last 12 months, they giving Sean a lot of credit for 2 guest verses on big records to rank him over dudes that had big singles with their names on them and actually dropped albums.

All subjective really.....

Last edited:

I hear Tyga songs on the radio as much, if not more, than Big Sean songs. Over the last 12 months at least. Meaning it's their song.

Not counting Sean's guest verses on Kanye records. Which were less than stellar.

If we're talking off the radio, I don't hear many people "bumping" either really.

So if Tyga is getting some burn in the strip clubs and Sean is getting some burn "elsewhere", then it's still about even.

Tyga got some Reeboks too! HA!

Like I said, I don't like either at all.

But in terms of what people have done over the last 12 months, they giving Sean a lot of credit for 2 guest verses on big records to rank him over dudes that had big singles with their names on them and actually dropped albums.

All subjective really.....

I heard son did a flick with Ice La Fox so I'll give him credit for that to. :lol:

Nas though?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And Big Sean should be an honorable mention, def shouldn't be on the list. And why is Soulja Boy mad?? :smh:

Young Nino, **** a ***** in a peacoat 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif