MTVs Hottest MC in the Game 2013 List Vol. KanYe Gave Sway his First TV

The list is about who's hotter tho​

Who do you honestly think had more of an impact in the streets nationwide . . . Big Sean who had records like Mercy, Guap, Mula, Clique​

Grammy nominations are cool but really irrelevant in terms of who's hot . . . that's more of an opinion of quality thing​

After summer, Nas was chillin, Big Sean was touring all year, did Detroit, was the star of Cruel Summer, etc.​

Nas didn't have a record that dominated like Mercy or Clique . . . and these are no shots at Nas, I don't think he cares about having big records or even cares about the list . . . just saying, it's quite obvious who has more of a presence outside of major hip hop fans . . .​

Big Sean had an "impact in the streets"?

We must be on different streets son.....

What Nas did as far as ALBUM wise is where it counts
Whereas French Montana has no album but A$AP Rocky did and it was a success yet somehow French Montana is still hotter.
big sean didn't SPAM da amount of materal that french montana did..thats BLATANTLY obvious.

Nas had a number 1 album and grammy nod, outta those 3 big sean got da weakest case.

Some of y'all have seriously fell victim to viral marketing and videos (i.e. MMG) and really believe these artists are hotter than they are.

Remember when dudes on here thought Meek Mill had all the buzz in the world and was going to sell truckloads more than Kendrick Lamar?....Exactly.

Number of videos on youtube doesn't = hottest in the game

The list is about who's hotter tho​
Who do you honestly think had more of an impact in the streets nationwide . . . Big Sean who had records like Mercy, Guap, Mula, Clique​
Grammy nominations are cool but really irrelevant in terms of who's hot . . . that's more of an opinion of quality thing​
After summer, Nas was chillin, Big Sean was touring all year, did Detroit, was the star of Cruel Summer, etc.​
Nas didn't have a record that dominated like Mercy or Clique . . . and these are no shots at Nas, I don't think he cares about having big records or even cares about the list . . . just saying, it's quite obvious who has more of a presence outside of major hip hop fans . . .​
Big Sean had an "impact in the streets"?

We must be on different streets son.....
Meh, Probably are, you are probably older than me and hang out in different circles

I'm in the South and people are loving Scooter, Future, Gucci, etc. Sean isn't as huge as those are in the South, but alot of people **** with him

The original thing Ninja was saying was that Nas was more deserving of a spot than Sean which simply just isn't true when it's a list on "hottest" . . . Not counting radio . . . The point is, you're more likely to hear Mercy or Guap or Clique or some Detroit joints in someone's system or on a video countdown than you would anything off of Life Is Good . . .

Big Sean is definitely more deserving than French Montana. Future should be higher on the list, everything dude blessed was a hit. I agree Nas was slept on, Life is Good was a great look. 

I'm trying to figure out what this list is supposed to be.

Nas is on. Had a great album and a Grammy nod.

Ross is on higher. Also had a Grammy nomination, a hot mixtape and several features on some of the most popular tracks of the year.

Fixed.

^^^

Niketalk may be the greatest collection of illiterates I've ever seen.

What part of "IF Wayne deserves to be on, where is Jay? Where is TI? Where is Jeezy?" did you completely fail to comprehend?

And even if you you couldn't understand that one line, how did the point of my entire post go over your head?

Did I not say, "take Kanye, Nas and Ross off and put on French, Wale or Wiz"?

You can't seriously be that stupid.....

ehh i skimmed through your post. my bad. doubt i'd be in college if i was illiterate though :wink:

so no...i'm not stupid at all...just got lazy and skimmed through your post. calm down.

Im not even going to try and dissect the list............ my only comment is Kendrick Lamar did a show in Orlando late last year and couldnt even sell out the Night Club. I seen many rappers come and go thru Orlando and Kendrick is close to the bottom as far as fan support. I can't respect him being at number 1 when he cant even sell out his shows. The hottest MC in the game cant even sell out a 280 person night club. weak

Because its a storm in NYC and i'm extremely bored i'm gonna put this in perspective

Bandz a make her dance Might as well be Wayne's song..... that **** was on a mixtape wayne & 2 hopped on it was #1 and wayne Def has the Only memorable verse on that song period. Pop that is debatable, fact of the matter is w/o wayne on those songs they don't have the same impact & They were still the two HOTTEST of the year.

as far as what does having a group mean..... Your Presence is always magnified when your crew is making noise, Even if wayne ain't spit in the video he's showing his face in them, he's doing shows with them, guest spots etc etc. Especially When you have three of the more popular rappers in the game repping your brand.... You hear YMCMB you think wayne, and you see YMCMB EVERYWHERE.

-Not including the mixtape... Wayne has over 60 features this year........ those include

Future - Karate Chop
Nicki Minaj - HighSchool (Single)
French Montana - Marble floors (Single)
Ross- Hold Me Back Official Remix
Fat-Joe - Yellow Tape (Single)
T.I Ball (Top 10 HH/R&B)
Joe Budden - she Don't Put It Down (Single)
Future - Turn on the Lights Official Remix (Single)
Game - Celebration (Single)
Wiz Khalifa - Work Hard Play Hard Official Remix
2 Chainz - Yuck
Trey Songz - Hail Mary
Curren$Y - Jet Life Remix
Birdman - Born Stunna Remix
Keisha Cole - Enough Of No Love (Top 10 HH/R&B)
Bobby V - Mirror (Single)
DJ Khaled - Take It To the Head (Top 10 HH/R&B)
Nicki Minaj - Roman Reloaded
Tyga - Faded (Top 20 HH/R&B)

-He has three singles off HIS OWN the album already that have hit top 20 Hiphop/R&B charts (Good Kush & Alcohol & No Worries both top 5)

so his stats look like
- Two top 5/ one top 20 Hip-Hop/R&B charts smashes Of his own
- Featured on 13 singles
- Featured on 3 top 10 Hip-Hop/R&B charts smashes
- Featured on 1 Top 20 Hip-Hop/R&B charts smash
- Has been featured on tracks with 7 of the 10 hottest Mc's
- A Mixtape where he remixed every hot song in the streets

but this guy missed the list?

WTT came out in 2011,
T.I didn't put in nearly the work Wayne did on radio
After looking up the past year Jeezy very well should be in that 10 spot rather than meek, and if not him Juicy J.

Damn, I can actually agree wit' this post.

I agree with every thing said about wayne except for pop that. Unlike bands a make her dance that was a hit with or without him

Now French is hotter than Sean. GET ME OUTTA HER
oh he's not? from feb-12' to feb 13'?
laugh.gif

just came to make sure they got number one right...

they did :pimp:

Yall really mad about French Montana's wack *** not being on the list.

But seriously I believe that Tip and Jeezy should have made the list. Im not really a big fan of Asap so they could have left his *** off. They even took his verse off his song on the radio here in ATL. Nas had a GREAT year so he deserves his spot.

^Based on that full list, how would Jeezy and T.I. make it, while French didn't, and Rocky should've been "left off"? Jeezy's last album came out 2 years ago, and even though T.I.'s came out in December, that could be considered one of those 'came and went' albums, which sucks cause it was pretty good. Neither one should be on the list based on whose on there now. French Montana could legit be on there before Jeezy and T.I., but it just wasn't enough room. I do expect whenever Jeezy's next album drops, it will sell very well, and everything will be back to normal.

Last edited:
Jeezy's last album came out December 30 2011. So while it may not qualify for that their timeframe, it's closer to 1 year ago and "Leave You Alone" was hitting in 2012. And he dropped a tape.

Big Sean had the 3rd best verse on 2 Kanye records and dropped a tape. And if Kanye's verse wasn't so tragic on "Mercy", it would have been even worse. Guap did OK.

I mean, if Sean is on, where is Tyga? Who actually dropped an album, had "Rack City" still hitting in 2012, "Faded" and "Dope" and dropped a tape?

And I don't like either one of them dudes!

i wouldn't even consider the mcs. this list should be called mist hip for white kids. hottest mcs should be only about new york imo because out here I've never consider calling someone a mc unless from true newyork. the era of mcs is dead.

Jeezy's last album came out December 30 2011. So while it may not qualify for that their timeframe, it's closer to 1 year ago and "Leave You Alone" was hitting in 2012. And he dropped a tape.

Big Sean had the 3rd best verse on 2 Kanye records and dropped a tape. And if Kanye's verse wasn't so tragic on "Mercy", it would have been even worse. Guap did OK.

I mean, if Sean is on, where is Tyga? Who actually dropped an album, had "Rack City" still hitting in 2012, "Faded" and "Dope" and dropped a tape?

I see your point but the Tyga mention threw me waaayyy off. Sean is buzzing a lot more than Tyga.

I see your point but the Tyga mention threw me waaayyy off. Sean is buzzing a lot more than Tyga.
i dunno...that rack city was everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom