Muhammad Ali GIF?

laugh.gif
ok dude, so I don't agree with you means I don't know about boxing? Then why on earth would you even want to see a top 5 list from me?

I apologize if my laughter seemed condescending, but there was no such intent, I actually found it hilarious. I don't think you are dumb, or don't knowanything about boxing I just think your list is flawed, very much so.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

laugh.gif
ok dude, so I don't agree with you means I don't know about boxing? Then why on earth would you even want to see a top 5 list from me?

I apologize if my laughter seemed condescending, but there was no such intent, I actually found it hilarious. I don't think you are dumb, or don't know anything about boxing I just think your list is flawed, very much so.
Well it did seem to resonate from "the most ridiculous statement I had heard in regards to boxing "
and if you look around, Greb and Armstrong definitely deserve to be top 5.

My bad for the boxing comment, just thought everyone had them in their top 5.
and could you still post your's? I'd just like to see who you've replaced those two with.

Ali
Robinson
Marciano
Langford
Lewis (yes that one)

Although I respect your list, I feel it mirrors too many publications who in an attempt to not forget the past over compensate for overrating boxers of old. Ifeel your list reflects this bias.

Ok. Could you explain having Lewis in your list?

And here's a couple of reasons for having Greb in the Top 5.

Wins over champs like like Mickey Walker, Tommy Gibbons, Mike Gibbons, Gene Tunney, Tiger Flowers, Tommy Loughran, Battling Levinsky, Johnny Wilson, WillieMeehan, Mike McTigue, Jack Dillon, Jimmy Slattery, Mike O'Dowd, George Chip, Al McCoy,
(These wins ranged from middleweight to heavyweight)

Only man to beat Tunney.

Also, he was blind in one eye, stood about 5 ft 8 weighed around 165, yet regularly fought heavyweights.
Never KO'd either.

I feel Lewis is the most underrated boxer of our time. Dude suffered from being the sole talent in a time period where heavy weights had little talent. Thelittle talent that existed however, Lewis dominated. His two losses were avenged in blood curdling fashion, I know you remember that knot on his head
laugh.gif
....And dude was just a classy fighter all around, he also beat Mercer in his prime, and Tyson and Holyfield.

The fact that Greb was able to move up at that weight makes me question his opponents ability IMO.

I feel Lewis is the most underrated boxer of our time. Dude suffered from being the sole talent in a time period where heavy weights had little talent. The little talent that existed however, Lewis dominated. His two losses were avenged in blood curdling fashion, I know you remember that knot on his head
laugh.gif
....And dude was just a classy fighter all around, he also beat Mercer in his prime, and Tyson and Holyfield.

The fact that Greb was able to move up at that weight makes me question his opponents ability IMO.
I agree with what your saying about Lewis. I have at 3 or 4 on my top 10 heavyweights list actually.

But regarding the part about Greb, Couldn't you say the same thing about Langford going from lightweight to heavyweight?
His ability to move up I think, has more to do with HIS ability as a fighter.

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

word let me know if he's on fightnight because i gotta get that game back from my boy then.

This dude just became one of my fav boxers. speeeed
pimp.gif

i laughed when i seen this u must not watch boxing at all
Not going to lie, I don't. It's definatley a sport im interested in but haven't gotten around to getting into. Still seen a lot of boxers highlights and stuff so i know the big names. and love fightnight as a game since back in the day.
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif
i feel u n/h
but zab did have his time dude was quick as hell

You could very well say the same about both fighter, however I feel that Langford was truly cheated out of being the real champ, and was by far a more legitheavyweight than Gerb.

To be fair, it takes quite a lot from a non-heavyweight to impress me. I am admittedly bias towards them...Although rationally one has to divide by weightclass I just always hated the term pound for pound. In the end you have your list and you have mine, that is your opinion and you are more than entitled to it,but before I put to rest this discussion let me put some validity into my rolling smiley's.

Ali was not the greatest solely because of his physical talent. (which he had plenty of) but his aura all together. He was the first million dollar athlete, hestood for a cause much bigger than his own. And in the ring, he knocked out opponents before he even stepped foot in the ring. What separated Jordan fromothers on the court his Jumpshot?
laugh.gif
Reggie had a far better J .....Was it his athleticism? I could easily argue that Anfernee, Ewing, and Charles were justas athletically blessed. What seperates the greatest from the rest is the mind. And Ali had a mind no boxer can touch.

You could very well say the same about both fighter, however I feel that Langford was truly cheated out of being the real champ, and was by far a more legit heavyweight than Gerb.

To be fair, it takes quite a lot from a non-heavyweight to impress me. I am admittedly bias towards them...Although rationally one has to divide by weight class I just always hated the term pound for pound. In the end you have your list and you have mine, that is your opinion and you are more than entitled to it, but before I put to rest this discussion let me put some validity into my rolling smiley's.

Ali was not the greatest solely because of his physical talent. (which he had plenty of) but his aura all together. He was the first million dollar athlete, he stood for a cause much bigger than his own. And in the ring, he knocked out opponents before he even stepped foot in the ring.
Which I'm sorry to say, has no bearing on a P4P list. The only concrete and tangible evidence is
resume and ability. you have, however, persuaded me a bit to see if I can have a Ali higher, so thanks for that.

Hard to put old generation boxers with new ones in the same Top list, different rules, longer fights. But growing up my idol was Chavez

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

Hard to put old generation boxers with new ones in the same Top list, different rules, longer fights. But growing up my idol was Chavez
What was your favorite fight?

Back
Top Bottom