Muhammad: Most common name in the world!!!

So i heard this girl say Muhammad is the most common name in the world. And of course at first i was like yeah right but after some google research this mightbe true. It is a very common name that is for sure. Yall ever heard anything about this????

superbad???
laugh.gif

yeah, with it being so popular, youd think you could name a teddy bear that if you wanted to.

yes its true because there are so many variation of the name like in certain African countries and Indonesia that change it to their dialect but its still thesame name. Even with that there are a lot of people with the name Muhammad itself. Theres also many ways to spell that one name like MOhammad and Muhamad.

i bet nobody from america is going to believe that unless they research it but in the other areas of the world its as popular as say, john

Originally Posted by Kell78dogg

i bet nobody from america is going to believe that unless they research it but in the other areas of the world its as popular as say, john

Yeah no one from 'america' believes. Which America are you talking about North America, South America, United States of America? Are you sayingother people in this country are ignorant to the other cultures/people in dif. areas? You don't know sht.
wink.gif

Umm, you're obviously 13. I don't think it's the fact of them believing, it is the fact I don't think anyone cares what the most commonname in the world is.

Originally Posted by Karmex

yeah, with it being so popular, youd think you could name a teddy bear that if you wanted to.

yea, thats smart. name a toy after what billions of people in the world believe is the holy messenger of god
eyes.gif

yea, thats smart. name a toy after what billions of people in the world believe is the holy messenger of god image

That's what I don't get - they wanted to stone that teacher for naming a teddy bear but they name more of their kids that than anything else?

I get the Jews and their special name for God - they don't even say it out loud but that just doesn't make sense to me.

Originally Posted by Liban906

Originally Posted by Karmex

yea, thats smart. name a toy after what billions of people in the world believe is the holy messenger of god
eyes.gif

really, even if that was the intent is it really a problem? especially since it was named by children, you think they have any malicious reasons?

Originally Posted by kdwallace

yea, thats smart. name a toy after what billions of people in the world believe is the holy messenger of god image

That's what I don't get - they wanted to stone that teacher for naming a teddy bear but they name more of their kids that than anything else?

I get the Jews and their special name for God - they don't even say it out loud but that just doesn't make sense to me.

they took it too far with the stoning thing but what do you expect when theres a whole bunch of crazy fanatical religious people. the same people runningaround raping women in darfur then acting like holy men but thats another topic.

when muhammad was still alive, he told his followers they could name their children after himself or any of the other prophets (adam, abraham, jesus, moses,etc) and after any of the angels (gabriel, michael, raphael, malik,etc). so since the prophets are so important to muslims, it is an honor to be named afterany of them and to name an toy, animal or anything not human after any of these prophets is seen as disrespectful.

its kind of hard to understand from an american point of view because nothing is really taboo in this country anymore (2 girls 1 cup
sick.gif
) but you have to remember that islam is staunchly monotheistic. the worst sin inislam is attributing any human characteristics to god (having a son, marriage, etc) or having any other gods connected to him. pre-islamic arabia was a pagansociety that worshiped idols so i guess the thought is if people named toys or figures after any of the prophets, especially muhammad, then people would beginto worship those figures as idols.
i hope that makes sense
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kell78dogg

most people in america do not know what research is

Back
Top Bottom