Muhammad: Most common name in the world!!!

Originally Posted by Karmex

Originally Posted by Liban906

yeah, with it being so popular, youd think you could name a teddy bear that if you wanted to.

yea, thats smart. name a toy after what billions of people in the world believe is the holy messenger of god
eyes.gif

really, even if that was the intent is it really a problem? especially since it was named by children, you think they have any malicious reasons?

yea i know what you mean. was this lady wrong in my opinion (im muslim)? no. does she deserve to get stoned? hellllll no. this is just an example of anextremist take on sharia law. the thing about islamic law is that there is no cohesive string of laws. id say about maybe 5-10% of the qu'ran actuallydeals with law but most of it is religious laws (how to convert, pray, fast, etc). most of these fatwas (rulings) are done based of the hadiths (traditions) ofmuhammad and the person's own reasoning.

the lady was in the wrong in no way. her actions were malicious in no way but it would have been better to use common sense. she's in a country run byultra-nationalist super conservative fanatical arabs that rape other muslim women in darfur because they are african and still call themselves holy men.

yeah, with it being so popular, youd think you could name a teddy bear that if you wanted to.

yea, thats smart. name a toy after what billions of people in the world believe is the holy messenger of god
eyes.gif

really, even if that was the intent is it really a problem? especially since it was named by children, you think they have any malicious reasons?

yea i know what you mean. was this lady wrong in my opinion (im muslim)? no. does she deserve to get stoned? hellllll no. this is just an example of an extremist take on sharia law. the thing about islamic law is that there is no cohesive string of laws. id say about maybe 5-10% of the qu'ran actually deals with law but most of it is religious laws (how to convert, pray, fast, etc). most of these fatwas (rulings) are done based of the hadiths (traditions) of muhammad and the person's own reasoning.

the lady was in the wrong in no way. her actions were malicious in no way but it would have been better to use common sense. she's in a country run by ultra-nationalist super conservative fanatical arabs that rape other muslim women in darfur because they are african and still call themselves holy men.

lets name a teddy bear jesus and see te christian right all up in their tight wights like a hot in texas

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Kell78dogg

i bet nobody from america is going to believe that unless they research it but in the other areas of the world its as popular as say, john

most people in america do not know what research is
laugh.gif
why are people always coming down on america?

why are people always coming down on america?
i was thinking the same thing. people are real quick to down their own country (assuming you live here, and if you don't whatever you say hasno merit) saying things like "most people in america do not know what research is." The US still leads the world in innovation (which requiresRESEARCH) and there's no other country i'd rather be a citizen of.
That concludes my Captain America statement for today...

its been in the genius book of world records for years! lee and wong come in as 2nd and third.

Originally Posted by kdwallace

yea, thats smart. name a toy after what billions of people in the world believe is the holy messenger of god image

That's what I don't get - they wanted to stone that teacher for naming a teddy bear but they name more of their kids that than anything else?

I get the Jews and their special name for God - they don't even say it out loud but that just doesn't make sense to me.

they took it too far with the stoning thing but what do you expect when theres a whole bunch of crazy fanatical religious people. the same people running around raping women in darfur then acting like holy men but thats another topic.

when muhammad was still alive, he told his followers they could name their children after himself or any of the other prophets (adam, abraham, jesus, moses, etc) and after any of the angels (gabriel, michael, raphael, malik,etc). so since the prophets are so important to muslims, it is an honor to be named after any of them and to name an toy, animal or anything not human after any of these prophets is seen as disrespectful.

its kind of hard to understand from an american point of view because nothing is really taboo in this country anymore (2 girls 1 cup
sick.gif
) but you have to remember that islam is staunchly monotheistic. the worst sin in islam is attributing any human characteristics to god (having a son, marriage, etc) or having any other gods connected to him. pre-islamic arabia was a pagan society that worshiped idols so i guess the thought is if people named toys or figures after any of the prophets, especially muhammad, then people would begin to worship those figures as idols.
i hope that makes sense
laugh.gif

its not even about being american but do these people ever draw a line and say aww come on [jefferson]thats being ignahrannnnt[jefferson] or is italways disrespecting my faith = death to you

Originally Posted by I Love AF1

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

its been in the genius book of world records for years! lee and wong come in as 2nd and third.

genius?
laugh.gif
how can you even type that and think its correct? it wouldntbe so bad if you wrote something like ginniz

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Kell78dogg

i bet nobody from america is going to believe that unless they research it but in the other areas of the world its as popular as say, john

most people in america do not know what research is
roll.gif

Originally Posted by vandalshark

Originally Posted by kdwallace

yea, thats smart. name a toy after what billions of people in the world believe is the holy messenger of god image

That's what I don't get - they wanted to stone that teacher for naming a teddy bear but they name more of their kids that than anything else?

I get the Jews and their special name for God - they don't even say it out loud but that just doesn't make sense to me.

they took it too far with the stoning thing but what do you expect when theres a whole bunch of crazy fanatical religious people. the same people running around raping women in darfur then acting like holy men but thats another topic.

when muhammad was still alive, he told his followers they could name their children after himself or any of the other prophets (adam, abraham, jesus, moses, etc) and after any of the angels (gabriel, michael, raphael, malik,etc). so since the prophets are so important to muslims, it is an honor to be named after any of them and to name an toy, animal or anything not human after any of these prophets is seen as disrespectful.

its kind of hard to understand from an american point of view because nothing is really taboo in this country anymore (2 girls 1 cup
sick.gif
) but you have to remember that islam is staunchly monotheistic. the worst sin in islam is attributing any human characteristics to god (having a son, marriage, etc) or having any other gods connected to him. pre-islamic arabia was a pagan society that worshiped idols so i guess the thought is if people named toys or figures after any of the prophets, especially muhammad, then people would begin to worship those figures as idols.
i hope that makes sense
laugh.gif
its not even about being american but do these people ever draw a line and say aww come on [jefferson]thats being ignahrannnnt[jefferson] or is it always disrespecting my faith = death to you

i cant speak for 1.8 billion people in the world but i guess some people have different perceptions than you and i like those crazy parents sendin theirkids to that jesus camp on that movie posted a few days ago or like those KKK members who say that if youre not a protestant christian, then you deserve to dieor even like the fundamentalist christian right in this country who suggest that gays and lesbians dont deserve civil rights because they go against god'sword.

Back
Top Bottom