Music Elitists Unappreciation

Originally Posted by hugebird

perfect example of some elitist $%++... what u mean by "correct" them... u cant correct an opinion...
That sounds good in theory, but considering the fact that at 60% of the people that roam the music forum are functionally ******ed, their opinions hold little to no value in actuality.

Truth. Although 60% is being VERY generous.

almost as bad as the "music elitists" on this forum especially are people that come into a thread and type something like, "you know ______ isgoing to come into this thread and say ______, damn we can never have a real discussion on niketalk." no need to take away from what's going on andencourage said people
eyes.gif
maybe it's just me

but yeah, music elitists unappreciated, and on nt these dudes post just for controversy, and then proceed not to back up there _>_ by anything, and thendisregard every other opinion. you know who you are.

hurricane crap > camron

but seriously most people's opinion dont hold any weight with me because of their musical tastes.
does that make me an elitist?
if so...then hell yeah im an elitist.

I do believe my era of music is better than the current one. Does that make me an elitist?

If so.....%$!# it. I've been called worse.

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

There's a difference between one saying
"You know what, I'm a !*+%@@@ idiot and prefer UGK over Wu Tang Clan"
And saying . . .
UGK > Wu Tang Clan

But that's just me . . .

u listen to 50 cent... opinion void...

Isn't this exactly what you're talking about?
laugh.gif
mannnn like Curtis doesn't have some good music.

smokin.gif

if u cant beat em...

calling yourself a elitists is just gay. it's someone desperately trying to say what they listen to is better than what others are listening to.

very sad.

Elitist isn't a term adopted by the people generally called it. It's what the morons listening to garbage call them to justify their terrible taste inmusic.

And to say that Hurricane Chris is better than Sage Francis just for the sake of argument is ridiculous as well, it certainly doesn't further the cause ofthe argument, and it's incorrect.

laugh.gif
at some of you trying to sound reasonable and then ending your responses with "oh btw it's mathematically impossible for the music you like toever be considered good". The way that every person develops their taste in music is such a long drawn-out process and so much more complex than a lot ofpeople understand, it's like criticizing someone's taste in food.

A good rule of thumb would be to just give everything a chance and decide what you like, but since I know most of the rock heads in here pretty much justgravitate towards anything and everything with the "indie" label thrown on it that could be tough. I'm also having a tough time figuring out how90% of the rock n roll landscape is suddenly now considered "indie"(as in independent), but that's another story . .

btw before we start calling people ******s we might want to take into account the large amount of youngsters here on NT. Chill.

seriously, just cause you dudes like lame music dont get mad when smart intelllectuals kill your dreams of listening to fall out boy, hurricane chris, yungjoc, rick ross, and other trash music

commit that

Originally Posted by theo6kid

Man I don't care what your opinion is, as long as you can back it. I hate when cats say A>B because A>B I hate that atleast have something to validate yourself.

co- sign

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

btw before we start calling people ******s we might want to take into account the large amount of youngsters here on NT. Chill.

I did take the youngsters into account. That's why I only said 60%.

Reality is that most people, on NT or anywhere else, listen to terrible music. I have no problem with people enjoying it, but I will let them know thatit's not good if they try to say that it is.

Question?

When I wanna ask a legitimate thought provoking question or something of that nature.......
Can I just put: Attn. NT Elitists and automatically get a response from Mace,Dingle,Ant,ill,cage,craftsy,toast, and about 12 others? since youguys actually listen to music.....? I really don't wanna "ignore" the rest of the board.......

oh and there's no such thing as elitists, people are called that when others make them feel inferior (for whatever reason) for their musicaltendencies...b/c it's usually wack.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Question?

When I wanna ask a legitimate thought provoking question or something of that nature.......
Can I just put: Attn. NT Elitists and automatically get a response from Mace,Dingle,Ant,ill,cage,craftsy,toast, and about 12 others? since you guys actually listen to music.....? I really don't wanna "ignore" the rest of the board.......

oh and there's no such thing as elitists, people are called that when others make them feel inferior (for whatever reason) for their musical tendencies...b/c it's usually wack.

Damn I don't get any mention....my e-fame is not high enough all well.

I have no problem with elitists. It's just when they try to reign on my parade for listening to an artist like Lil Wayne do I have a problem with them.They almost go out of their way to bring attention to the fact that the music they listen to is better. Like I give a %@@!. Stay in your corner with yourmountain of obscure artists and let me enjoy what I listen to.

perfect example of some elitist $%++... what u mean by "correct" them... u cant correct an opinion...
That sounds good in theory, but considering the fact that at 60% of the people that roam the music forum are functionally ******ed, their opinions hold little to no value in actuality.

roll.gif
roll.gif

yes they're annoying

give em the
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
, correct em and keep it movin

Reality is that most people, on NT or anywhere else, listen to terrible music. I have no problem with people enjoying it, but I will let them know that it's not good if they try to say that it is.

this is also true. people are either gonna find out for themself or be into whatever is handed to them and not go on that music conquest. i believethey are missing out hugely tho.

the problem is that unsolicited advice is mostly always frowned upon by people. so what starts as someone trying to put someone else on to something they feelis better quickly turns into a disagreement. most people just want to listen to what they want to listen to, regardless of how good it is. people aren'tgood with taking advice from others, everyone wants to do their own thing.

i really feel that most 'elitists' are trying to put others on, but it comes off as 'my stuff is awesome, your stuff sucks, so listen to this.'i have no problem with it, but others do.

maybe that's why i'm an 'elitist'.

the thing with NT is, it isn't as bad as some other boards out there...we got a good mix of "elitists" and "idiots" and a mix inbetween...but on other boards, its either the elitists or idiots dominating.

Back
Top Bottom