My 8 year-old sister just stumbled upon the basis of all philosphical questions regarding religion.

Humans did 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I can't answer that question.God technically has no past or no future.He just is.

which is basically the answer to every unanswerable question in religion. "it just is"
right

Hence one of the reasons why im no longer Muslim. "Allah knows best" isn't always the answer..

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I can't answer that question.God technically has no past or no future.He just is.

which is basically the answer to every unanswerable question in religion. "it just is"
right

Hence one of the reasons why im no longer Muslim. "Allah knows best" isn't always the answer..

I was in CCE/Sunday School/Bible study class, and at the time, we were learning about the Crusades in AP history. I hit my Sunday school teacher up with the question about the Crusades and what the church's view is on that? She had no idea what that was. I gave her the sparknotes version of Pope Urban II, and how he called the Crusades, I think it was a "Holy War". Obviously she had no answer.

I wonder how the Church responds to issues like that though? Hundreds of thousands of lives were lost and absolutely nothing was accomplished after the Crusades. Good job religion, way to lead your blind sheep!

Anyone else hear about "tithes"? Back then, tithing (donating money to the church) was practiced by many churches and in return, dependent on how much was donated, the priest would hand out slips of paper that would give those that donated entrance into Heaven. I had no idea it was that easy.

I was in CCE/Sunday School/Bible study class, and at the time, we were learning about the Crusades in AP history. I hit my Sunday school teacher up with the question about the Crusades and what the church's view is on that? She had no idea what that was. I gave her the sparknotes version of Pope Urban II, and how he called the Crusades, I think it was a "Holy War". Obviously she had no answer.

I wonder how the Church responds to issues like that though? Hundreds of thousands of lives were lost and absolutely nothing was accomplished after the Crusades. Good job religion, way to lead your blind sheep!

Anyone else hear about "tithes"? Back then, tithing (donating money to the church) was practiced by many churches and in return, dependent on how much was donated, the priest would hand out slips of paper that would give those that donated entrance into Heaven. I had no idea it was that easy.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

catholicism is repulsive.

and OP, big ugly american worked you with his comment, but dont get discouraged!

anton, it seems like any time someone shares your homosexual persuasions, or hatred of faith, you tend to chalk it up to "thinking intelligently." are all people who have faith in a higher power stupid in your eyes? or all straight people dumb, too? i'm just curious as to where you are coming from. not trying to start an e-fight.

catholicism is repulsive.

and OP, big ugly american worked you with his comment, but dont get discouraged!

anton, it seems like any time someone shares your homosexual persuasions, or hatred of faith, you tend to chalk it up to "thinking intelligently." are all people who have faith in a higher power stupid in your eyes? or all straight people dumb, too? i'm just curious as to where you are coming from. not trying to start an e-fight.

Did it ever occur to you that those in positions of power in the religious hierarchy could use that in a matter for personal gain?
Or is anything that any Christian/Muslim/Buddhist does a reflection on his religion?

Did it ever occur to you that those in positions of power in the religious hierarchy could use that in a matter for personal gain?
Or is anything that any Christian/Muslim/Buddhist does a reflection on his religion?

1) Your sister is right
2) Tell her no one created GOD because their isnt one
3) Tell her people have mistaken the worship to the sun for a GOD
4) Your sister finally gets it!

1) Your sister is right
2) Tell her no one created GOD because their isnt one
3) Tell her people have mistaken the worship to the sun for a GOD
4) Your sister finally gets it!

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

The seed of doubt has been planted.
pimp.gif

Nurture it, Mecks.

rkgnmerigneogjeog

thats my sister man, im not going to raise her, thats her parents job
laugh.gif

it just trips me out i never challenged what i believed until i was in my teens, she is already having complex thoughts

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

The seed of doubt has been planted.
pimp.gif

Nurture it, Mecks.

rkgnmerigneogjeog

thats my sister man, im not going to raise her, thats her parents job
laugh.gif

it just trips me out i never challenged what i believed until i was in my teens, she is already having complex thoughts

Back
Top Bottom