My Bay Area People, help your bro out

shadimlkman

Banned
Sup Fambs,

I'm going to visiting San Fransisco next week (Aug10-16) and will be staying around Union Square.  So far my game plan is to hit Japantown during the day and Chinatown during the night one day and the vice-versa the next day, then check out Fisherman's Wharf and Golden Gate bridge.  Definitely going to spend an entire day in Haight/Ashbury area and fill in the rest of the time with random things to do.

Things I need :
Price of Newports, 12pk Heineken.
Best way to get around, BART or cable car?
Are there any bodega's around Union Square? (not trying to pay $5 for a bottle of water in the hotel)

Thanks Bros.

In-N-Out 
pimp.gif
Overrated, but very good value for the price. 

theres a safeway right at japantown. food in union sq is a bit pricey. you can get around union square/downtown by feet.

i get my newports for 2 packs for 10.50 at a 7/11. there are a ton of liquor stores and id suggest a bevmo for your alcohol. the best way to get around is MUNI and BART. and id suggest to hit up a safeway and just buy a pack of waterbottles.

First off, will you be by yourself? A girlfriend, or maybe some boys?

If it's your first time, all the usual tourist stuff will be cool.

There's only so much you can do in Japantown or Chinatown....let alone spend a whole day there.

Definitely check out Fisherman's Wharf, which is essentially Pier 39. They have the Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Ghirardelli Square, and some fresh seafood. Golden Gate Bridge is an automatic must. If you're with a lady, drop by the Palace of Fine Arts.

Haight/Ashbury is cool to check out too. Lots of used clothes stores like Buffalo Exchange and Wastelands if you're into thrift shopping. Also, tons of smoke shops. Some nicer stores like True, Stussy, Adidas, Shoebiz, etc.

12pk of Heineken is probably around $10-14. There are plenty of liquor stores around Union Square. There are tons of places to get water for a buck. Also, I would cab or walk it if you're gonna stay around the Union Square area. Bart runs only at certain stops in SF, and continues either to the other side of the Bay(Oakland, Berkeley) or as far as Fremont.

Go check out a Giants game while you're here. You can take Muni around as well. We also have the Metreon, which has an arcade, restaurants, and movie theatres inside. If you're with the boys, check out Broadway, which is the strip club area. On Friday and Saturday nights, there are even a few clubs/lounges open on that street. I can name a bunch of more places for you to visit. Anyways, have fun brah.

Use your feet and take a cab. BART won't go to the spots you really want to visit, especially from Union Square.

There are some corner stores around on Geary and/or O'Farrel & Jones toward Hyde (ie head west).

12 Pack of Heineken in SF? Figure more around the area your staying and less a few blocks up. I'd imagine $18 is fair.

A lot of other questions depending on what you're looking for...
- What kind of scene are you looking for at night?

- How much of a foodie are you?

- Any specific hobbies you're trying to do (photography etc)?

The city has a lot of different places to offer depending on what you're looking for.

Don't need Bart, just take the bus or the street-car everywhere since you're staying in the city fam.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

A lot of other questions depending on what you're looking for...
- What kind of scene are you looking for at night? Musically I'm into Black Keys, Miike Snow and Dubstep right now, so the indie scene I guess

- How much of a foodie are you? Just looking for good wings, ribs, chicken parm, and subs

- Any specific hobbies you're trying to do (photography etc)?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and some more
pimp.gif

The city has a lot of different places to offer depending on what you're looking for.

If you brought a girl with you, make sure you make a trip to Twin Peaks at night. The view is priceless.

Hit up Golden Gate park. The inner sunset (along 9th and Irving) has some good food selections

BART is not really for going around the city. Muni is gonna be the way to go. Cable Cars are just a tourist attraction, take them once just for the hell of it.

If you're a foodie, i would def recommend hitting up the farmers market at the Ferry Building on a Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday. From 10am-2pm you can get come of the best SF has to offer all in one place
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Retrosniipes

Originally Posted by shadimlkman

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Chinatown at night? Don't do it bro.

Whats wrong with Chinatown at night?
the freaks come out at night...
Chinatown is dead at night, aint *%!! to do there. Unless you wanna hit up some massage parlors...

I also wouldn't really recommend going to Golden Gate Park, Outside Lands is happening the same week you're visiting so its gonna be a mess. Unless you wanna attend that is, Big Boi is one of the headliners
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ernasty

You've got to try Ike's Place. Best sandwiches in the world.

Yup. Than make sure you find the best toilet in the world after too..

Nah but make sure you hit the fisherman's wharf. Get some clam chowder bowls, and other good seafood. Also, look for a few of those boat rides that take you underneath the Golden-Gate bridge - it should be in the same area by the wharf. It's like $15, but it's really worth it. Haight/Ashbury is cool during the day, but you'll get bored real quick. Lot's of bums around asking for change and all that. You should be able to walk to Market street from your hotel to find the cigarettes and beer or whatever.

Chinatown ain't really popping. For the night scene, Broadway is cool but real repetitive. I always liked San Jose for the club scene. Much nicer and cleaner.

If you brought a girl with you, make sure you make a trip to Twin Peaks at night. The view is priceless.

This this this. Either during the night or day, it's a view you'll remember forever.

Don't forget In-n-Out....real talk fam - it's still the best burger I've ever ate...

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

This this this. Either during the night or day, it's a view you'll remember forever.

Smashed in my car a number of times here. Automatic panty-droppahhhh
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom