My Collection - Then and Now

Wassup NT
I've been logging onto this wonderful site for about a decade now.  I remember chillin in my college library (UC Riverside) in 2001 on the computer looking at NT
People would walk by and give me the
indifferent.gif

I've seen this shoe game escalate to where it is now.   It all started in 1991 when as an 11-year old, my mom got me a pair of Jordan V's for $125.  I had cool kicks for a few years then I went through a skater phase and ditched the b-ball shoes/cross trainers even though I still loved to play b-ball and watch NBA games.

Fast forward to 1999 working out at my school's gym and seeing a dude rockin Jordan IVs.  I quickly found out that Nike was re-releasing all the dope shoes from my early days.  It sparked something in me.  Back then, it was simple, you just go to the store and buy the kicks - no crowds, no lines, no internet crashes, no frenzy.

I proceeded to buy up all my favorite J's - IVs, Vs, VIs, XIs, IIIs, etc

Then before I knew it I was 27 and engaged to get married.  I had real-world issues, career, buying home, saving money, marriage, etc.

I made the difficult decision to sell off my entire collection that I loved because I figured I can't keep doing this.  And I didn't have time to rock these shoes.  I wore dress shoes all day to work and I came home and went to the gym to play ball.  I no longer could wear these shoes to school, the mall, etc. 

Anyways, I sold my collection.  But the love came back.  I started to think OK I'm just gonna cop the shoes that I really like.  The it snowballed and now I'm in the middle of it all again, working my way back.

I have a newborn now and I still work a lot, but I have time to wear my shoes on weekends. 

I know a lot of you have amazing collection and this doesn't even compare, but I just wanted to share my story and my current collection.

Cliff Notes- I collected shoes, sold them, now I collect again, here are the pics. 
roll.gif

2005:

2012:

Back
Top Bottom