MY FELLOW FILIPINO NTers PLS ENTER

* Get the sunscreen/insect repellant combo, I can't remember the brand but it might be "OFF" brand

* If you're in Quezon City, spend some time in Katipunan, across from Ateneo. The Starbucks there is really nice for peoplewatching. Avoid the Yellow Cab pizza, if it's still there. (Kingcrux knows this one)

* In case no one has mentioned phones... if you have AT&T here in the US, then you can use it in the Philippines if it hasthe proper bands and if it's unlocked. Then you can use it with a Philippines with a Smart or Globe Sim card. Sim cards are very very cheap.

* Get your condoms in the U.S. before you go. I don't recall seeing them in stores in Manila.

* Go to the restaurant in the Oakwood, I can't remember what floor it's on but the view is worth it. Bring your datesthere and they will be thoroughly impressed. The Oakwood hotel is close to Glorietta mall.

Yo lots of info in this thread.
Haven't been to the PI since I was 4.
I have to go back now that I'm 20.
All my boys went back and got girls like no other, and they're still callin em to this day. lol
Having that accent can take you everywhere eh.

Damn, I haven't been to the motherland since 93. I've only been there once.

I really miss my family out there because my lola and lolo moved back last year for good.

Originally Posted by fc1114

* Get your condoms in the U.S. before you go. I don't recall seeing them in stores in Manila.

laugh.gif
word. I never saw any over there.

Condoms, cash, a non-mooching guide, and someone who'll spot the she-males from a mile away to warn you. You're set.

Yo, I need help I'm 16 but I'm goin to the PI and my 23 yr old half sis is gonna come with me to tour me around to all the clubs (is it true theydon't check id?)...Basically when I get there I wanna bang some fine Filipina girls is my top priority. I got the condoms, I'm 5'10 with a AmericanAccent and when I speak tagalog it's "kikay" <---hope that means sexy

Basically who has been there and done that hit me up with tips
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Battousai701

JayPesoz wrote:

^hoy, pare....you're filipino too?
laugh.gif
If you haven't done so
yet, go ice skating in the Philippines. Funny, it's always so cold in nyc and the first time I've ever gone ice skating was in the Philippines.

yeah im pinoy. my NT name is japanese cuz i love anime and the japanese culture as well

ice skating in the philippines huh... did u go to mall of asia for that??

this was back in 96' so I don't think the MoA was up yet, it was at the Mega Mall, i think....

Originally Posted by MrKrispy1183

Condoms, cash, a non-mooching guide, and someone who'll spot the she-males from a mile away to warn you. You're set.
word theres a lot of trannies there

the gay guys there are really "fruity" too, no offense to anyone gay here, but its just funny sometimes

i mean they really wear girl clothing and make up

I got the condoms, I'm 5'10 with a American Accent and when I speak tagalog it's "kikay" <---hope that means sexy

ummm that term is usually used referring to girls

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

Yo, I need help I'm 16 but I'm goin to the PI and my 23 yr old half sis is gonna come with me to tour me around to all the clubs (is it true they don't check id?)...Basically when I get there I wanna bang some fine Filipina girls is my top priority. I got the condoms, I'm 5'10 with a American Accent and when I speak tagalog it's "kikay" <---hope that means sexy

Basically who has been there and done that hit me up with tips
smile.gif

Yeah there really is no drinking age. San Mig Light all day. Red Horse is pretty good too.

Is your sis gonna be your tour guide, or is she just coming with you? I would probably try and get a male relative around your age to show you around, Iwouldn't want my sis tagging along while i'm spittin game

Much appreciated... I'm headed there for the first time on Friday and am pretty nervous...and excited at the same time... PLEASE keep this thread goin.

I'm mostly nervous about wearin the wrong clothes (and gettin "targeted") or pickin up some bad type of flu while I'm there...

lol @ the american accent... you won't get the top of the line girls with just the American accent. You will need to spit game, and sad to say... beingrich helps. Those 'high end' type girls meet all kinds of peeps from the states, europe, etc.. so just being a fil-am don't mean your special. But on SM or Ayala store employee type girls, yeah that American accent itself and showing US dollars will do fine... lol

Yeah there really is no drinking age. San Mig Light all day. Red Horse is pretty good too.

my parents just came back last week from phillipines. my uncle brought me back 4 cans of Red Horse too
smokin.gif
. my dad says its hella good, i havent drank them yet, but i will soon
pimp.gif

my parents are heading over to the PI this Saturday for two weeks, and damn I wish I was going I haven't been back since when I was in 7th grade andI'm a soph in college now, I'ma ask my mom to cop a wii while she's over there. And for the people saying not to speak a lot of english over there,it's probably the best advice you can get, When I was over there I had loads of fools following me around and mocking my english, good thing I had mycousins to back me up or it would've turned out bad

I'm here in the PI for vacation until saturday (first time), and everything in this thread is 100% true. I also want to add that if you come here to visitfamily or family friends, be prepared to EAT. I'm talking about Thanksgiving x10. I think I've gained 10 pounds since I've been here, but it'sthe best 10 lbs I'll ever gain.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If you go to the smaller towns within the provinces to visit people and have to use the shower, be prepared to use the tabo shower with no hot water. Make sureyou enjoy every minute and talk to as many people as you can. Everyone here is so friendly... I don't wanna leave.

i'm half black and half filipino, i went there for the first time last year (im 22). bring shorts and wife beaters because its hot as hell. theres alot oftranny 's there, so dont spit your game at every female you see. the malls i went to werent really all that cheap as far as shoes and clothes. it seemedlike they were normal retail prices.

If you're Fil-Am and good-looking you can enter showbiz here without a big hassle
laugh.gif

Try Balot, Isaw and other street foods...and Yeah!!! Red Horse Beer Rocks!!! You'll be able to see Pepe Smith just for 2 bottles
roll.gif

yo i been to the pi two winter breaks in a row, i went this past winter break and i honestly did not want to leave, i thought i had another week left. most ofmy cousins were around 8-10 so i really couldnt roll with anyone, i went with my sister so we just went around town all the time. i dont know how you ended upgetting robbed by your own relatives
laugh.gif
. i got out with everything ibrought that wasnt a gift, as for shoes, i wore around a pair of mars iv and i was ok i had no problems, people at nike park and tobys would always point atthem when i walked in. i also stayed in bohol for about 3 days but it was cloudy and rained most of the time but the beach was nice for the few hours that itwas sunny. going to the malls is fun, especially when school lets out and all the girls are around there, and theres always a ton of places to eat that aregood. i tried most of the local beer there i liked the san mig super dry and red horse is pretty good also. im not filipino, im actually chinese but my momgrew up in manila, so i do have relatives over there, im about 5'10" and it felt like i was the tallest one there. i did play ball and it was fun, notsure about the betting to get on the courts but i went with some of the workers from my uncle's store and we just ran the court for most of the day with noproblems. as for places to eat...id say aristocrat, gerry's grill (both can be found in moa), hap chan is pretty good, sushi there is cheap compared tohere in the states, i grew up with filipino and chinese culture around my house so im familiar with both, i probably plan to head back not in 08 maybe 09 or'10 for my grandma's 80th birthday, probably one of my most favorite places to go, this past winter break was my third time, first time was back in 94for my uncle's wedding, then i went back 06-07, then this one for 07-08, fun times
pimp.gif

^dont forget your broad spectrum antibiotics.nothing ruins a good vacation faster than realizing you brought home something more than just pasalubong.
* Get your condoms in the U.S. before you go. I don't recall seeing them in stores in Manila

not true.i got one word for you.frenzy.even sari-sari stores have em where i live

... most people who visit the Philippines enjoy their stay. the food, parties, malls, girls, etc. Most wouldn't want to live here permananently though butfor a 2 week vacation or maybe even 1 month vacation... the Philippines is the bomb.

... and I agree with Kingcrux... if you can spare 3 to 4 days, head to Hong Kong. Its a 2 hour plane ride. The food there is incredible and malls, shops areliterally EVERYWHERE.

Back
Top Bottom