My Fellow Queens NYC Heads: Some Sad News on Northern Bvd....

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

laugh.gif
at living in Queens

laugh.gif
 at being fat and in team fitness.
Queens FTW 

You guys talking about Pio Pio by Woodhaven in Rego Park?

Never heard of the spot the OP is talking about though.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

UFC > El Pollo Loco

Korean fried chicken wings are BOMB

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Korean Fried Chicken> Everything...

UFC Soy Garlic Wings is by far my favorite food....Anyone notice the Bon Chon's all changing to "Mad For Chicken" though?

*+$!? They had Pollo Frisby over there?! Haven't had that since I was a lil kid and lived in Colombia.
embarassed.gif
eek.gif
Damn...

peruvian chicken on roosevelt and 82nd which is the same one on 103th is piffffffffffffffffffffff

peruvian chicken on roosevelt and 82nd which is the same one on 103th is piffffffffffffffffffffff

Damn ya'll live around there? I'm a decent walk from 90th street stop (towards Northern).

I need to check out UFC...Jolibee wasn't all that (I have standards now because of Pollo Frisby
frown.gif
)

You'll like UFC a lot. I'm Filipino, and I just don't understand the hoopla surrounding Jollibee. Yeah, I get it, it reminds people of the Philippines. But, it doesn't even taste the same as the ones in the Philippines. Once you try the soy garlic or hot wings at UFC, it's over. It's a little pricey, but the quality is good. The food is fresh and made to order, so it might take a while. Trust me, it's amazing.

UFC chicken is pretty good but I think all the Korean chicken joints taste the same (to me at least).

Pio Pio IS so damn rushed...the one in Sunnyside fell off hard over the last few years. Sometimes the chicken isn't even thoroughly cooked! Only Pio I go to now is on Broadway and 96th (in the city) but it's more expensive.

Y'all need to fill me in on these joints...i've never even been the one Mez posted. I'm getting sick of the same 1/4 Rotisserie chicken meal from Pollos Mario lol.

I live by the Junction Blvd. train stop on the 7 train. There's some Hispanic fast food joint on 103rd St. called Pollo Campero and it must be exactly what Jollibee is to Filipinos, but to Hispanics (more specific Mexicans and Ecuadorians).

I had Jollibee once and it was okay, nothing to get excited about all I had was the chicken. I'm not too familiar with Filipino cuisine but the lumpia (sp?) looked pretty good.

I also have to add UFC to my list, I put it on my Google Maps and MenuPages list as places to go
laugh.gif
I had soy garlic fried chicken at Bonchon (they renamed it to Mad Fun Chicken?) on 34th Street and it was CRACK. If its anything like that, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I live by the Junction Blvd. train stop on the 7 train. There's some Hispanic fast food joint on 103rd St. called Pollo Campero and it must be exactly what Jollibee is to Filipinos, but to Hispanics (more specific Mexicans and Ecuadorians).

I had Jollibee once and it was okay, nothing to get excited about all I had was the chicken. I'm not too familiar with Filipino cuisine but the lumpia (sp?) looked pretty good.

I also have to add UFC to my list, I put it on my Google Maps and MenuPages list as places to go
laugh.gif
I had soy garlic fried chicken at Bonchon (they renamed it to Mad Fun Chicken?) on 34th Street and it was CRACK. If its anything like that, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

i was shocked you guys had pollo campero out in new york.  that place is all over LA but i defenitly didn't expect to see it in new york.

queens is where its at  when it comes to food tho
pimp.gif

Just had some soy garlic chicken and hot/spicy @ UFC.....it was really good but the spicy was def messy. Its def on the pricier side but the portions are large (fries were great).

I am still having Pollo Frisbee withdrawals though, like I can't have a good piece of Fried Chicken that will come close anymore.

Don't let this post die.

Checked out UFC...great food. Kinda pricey but worth it.

Pio Pio is trash especially that one on Woodhaven Blvd.

Damn need to go check out UFC. But ya Pio Pio is defly off lately.

The other Peruvian joints with the same exact menu/taste are doing it better. I like Pollo Inca in Ozone Park, can't beat the Alfajor.

I only go to Jolli for the Pearl Shakes and Pies now though.

Back
Top Bottom