My First Directed, Edited and Produced MUSIC VIDEO

Sup_

So you know chrizma? and dosia
laugh.gif

Playa Peez
smokin.gif

Peace.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

When it was close ups of the rapper I wouldn't have been so close to him....probably would've backed up and used different backgrounds, or cut to another scene. Felt like I spent too much time looking at him when he was all alone. Other than that great job my man, wish you much success in your endeavors.
pimp.gif

and is that rapper like 12 or something?
laugh.gif

Thanks for the constructive criticism DAYTONA 5000!
pimp.gif
You're right,I noticed that also after playing it so many times. Next time around I'll be shoothing him from many different angles. It looked a little flat to meafter a while

Sup_

Knew them before chris was skinny haha.

Naw when they lived in the burg, we used to all rap and chris was making beats.

Peace.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by RuleOfThirds

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Nice and clean.

I dig it.

What kind of camera you use?

Can you recommend any resources for beginner videographers/directors?

Thanks fam! I used two camera bodies for this shoot, a Canon 5D Mark II and a 7D. The way I started off was shooting random things and matching the transitions with the beats, basically making the video dance LOL. I started off with shooting with a mini dv camcorder and using Windows Movie Maker back in 05.
happy.gif

Good looking out.

I've been doing the same thing. Using a Mini Dv cam and chopping it up with Premiere Pro.

I'm about to start trying some more advance stuff with my boys Canon.

Do you know any sites, books or videos where I can get some tips on recording while moving (like in a car or train) and how to create different visual tones and effects like lens flare, etc?

ahh good stuff! Sounds like you gotta head start. I bought a Premiere Pro and After Effects book which has a lot of tutorials and tips. I also just dorandom searches on google for what I am looking for specifically and I usually find something useful! Good luck with it, be sure to post on here when you gotsomething!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Originally Posted by RuleOfThirds

RIPyzyz wrote:

what'd you do post in?ae? premiere pro? final cut?

I did the intro animation in Adobe After Effects CS4. The video edit was in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4.

You should invest in a mac and final cut studio. premier pro is on the prosumer level of editing software.

[table][tr][th=""][/th] [th=""]Consumer[/th] [th=""]Prosumer[/th] [th=""]Professional[/th] [th=""]High-End Movie Production[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""] Least

expensive

Most

expensive[/th] [td]

Kino

PiTiVi

LiVES

Pinnacle VideoSpin

Adobe Premiere Elements

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro

CyberLink PowerDirector

Avid Free DV

Windows Movie Maker

AVS Video Editor

MPEG Video Wizard

MPEG Video Wizard DVD

Ulead VideoStudio

Grass Valley EDIUS Neo

iMovie

Pinnacle Studio

Sony Vegas Movie Studio

[/td] [td] PiTiVi

Final Cut Express

Avid Xpress DV

OpenShot Video Editor

MAGIX Video Pro X

Cinelerra

Ulead MediaStudio Pro

Sony Vegas Pro

Adobe Premiere Pro

[/td] [td] Kdenlive

Dayang Montage Extreme

FORscene

Grass Valley EDIUS

Avid Xpress Pro

Merging Technologies VCube

[/td] [td] Final Cut Studio

Avid Media Composer

[/td] [/tr][/table]

FlipKraut/FeelMode thanks! Yes ya'll are right, I just recenlty learned Premiere on my own. Everyone says once you pick up on one, they all seem prettyintuitive. I got a Macbook Pro, I just need to pick up a hacked version of Final Cut Pro LOL..still waiting on.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

Clean camera work,good editing skills, you did your part

Song is bull tho, and the video is unoriginal. Typical hip hop video minus the asian rapper.

Thanks fam!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by illniche22

I cant even front vid quality was ill...do you plan on doing more music vids??..if so what you charging for somethin like that?

I'm flattered man thanks! Yes sir, got a bunch of projects lined up this year with that label I'm working with. To be honest, I'm working probono right now just build my portfolio and develop my style. Not even sure how much folks charge for stuff like this LOL
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
That guy rapping/talking made me laugh.

Vid was cool. It looked professional but nothing special.

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Nice video OP. Quality and Editing is on point. But the musician, not so good. Yeah you should shout out NT.

Thanks KiNGJRMZair23! Yeah no doubt, don't we have an NT hand sign or handshake?
happy.gif

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

how long was the shoot and how long was the editing process
The entire video was shot in one night started at 7:30pm and ended around midnight. The editing took two weeks straight almost non stop in theevenings on weekdays, and all day on the weekends. Video was shot on the 2nd, final draft was complete on the 15th.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Vid was pretty dope man, props. I wish I had a skill that would help me get into the industry. Keep it up

I appreciate that keitseatsjordans! Thank you!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I %$*!# with it but you can tell the rapper didnt have much charisma so should have had more group shots or at least him in action.

thanks for the CC bro!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom