My Future Looking Awful Right Now! Vol...Need some advice(serious only please)

Long read, but bare with me
ohwell.gif

So NT, I'm just thinking about where I'm at in my life right now, and it's not looking great. I'll be a senior in high school this year, with a 2.79 GPA(I #$%& up my freshman/sophomore years because I really didn't care about school
frown.gif
smh.gif
....Freshman GPA-2.3, Sophomore-2.8, Junior-3.4(I actually tried and studied a bit junior year and got 3.4, hardest classes I took were Trig/PreCalc,Spanish 4, and Physics; averaged like 30 minutes studying each day), I seriously thought I could've had 4.0 if I had spent at least 2 hours of studying each day. Overall, 2.79 GPA to be exact
tired.gif
). My SAT score was 1510(Absolute horrid). It was my first time and I didn't study at all. Plus I really hate reading(got 450 on CR section
tired.gif
...had to keep reading passages over and over and it wasted a lot of time). I'll retake the SAT again next month, but I don't think I can improve much(maybe 250 max...so score will be around 1760, if that high
frown.gif
). I'm just not a good test taker for these kinds of tests....especially when timed. So right now, my future is looking pretty blurry because of my grades and test scores. My family all think I'm a disgrace(Asian btw) and that I'm complete s*** compared to my cousins whom all have like 3.9/4.0 GPA with 2100+ SAT scores. I believe the saying is true "Your High school years determine your college, and your college years determine your life", and right now, it's all messed up.
frown.gif
I really wish I could go back in time and study my @$+ off to be able to get at least 4.0 GPA to make my life that much easier.

Are there any suggestions/tips on how I can improve and what I can do to get into a good college? I hear colleges only look at your first three years and first semester of senior year grades, so would getting a 4.0 my senior year of high school help?..or is it too late?

Thanks NT.

Long read, but bare with me
ohwell.gif

So NT, I'm just thinking about where I'm at in my life right now, and it's not looking great. I'll be a senior in high school this year, with a 2.79 GPA(I #$%& up my freshman/sophomore years because I really didn't care about school
frown.gif
smh.gif
....Freshman GPA-2.3, Sophomore-2.8, Junior-3.4(I actually tried and studied a bit junior year and got 3.4, hardest classes I took were Trig/PreCalc,Spanish 4, and Physics; averaged like 30 minutes studying each day), I seriously thought I could've had 4.0 if I had spent at least 2 hours of studying each day. Overall, 2.79 GPA to be exact
tired.gif
). My SAT score was 1510(Absolute horrid). It was my first time and I didn't study at all. Plus I really hate reading(got 450 on CR section
tired.gif
...had to keep reading passages over and over and it wasted a lot of time). I'll retake the SAT again next month, but I don't think I can improve much(maybe 250 max...so score will be around 1760, if that high
frown.gif
). I'm just not a good test taker for these kinds of tests....especially when timed. So right now, my future is looking pretty blurry because of my grades and test scores. My family all think I'm a disgrace(Asian btw) and that I'm complete s*** compared to my cousins whom all have like 3.9/4.0 GPA with 2100+ SAT scores. I believe the saying is true "Your High school years determine your college, and your college years determine your life", and right now, it's all messed up.
frown.gif
I really wish I could go back in time and study my @$+ off to be able to get at least 4.0 GPA to make my life that much easier.

Are there any suggestions/tips on how I can improve and what I can do to get into a good college? I hear colleges only look at your first three years and first semester of senior year grades, so would getting a 4.0 my senior year of high school help?..or is it too late?

Thanks NT.

if all else fails, go to community college and make sure you do well there. then, you can either transfer to a 4 year college after a semester or 2 OR you can finish your 2 years and then transfer to a school where you can finish your next 2 years. i know that some community colleges have a program set up with various in state universities that guarantee automatic admission if certain criteria is met (GPA, etc.).

if all else fails, go to community college and make sure you do well there. then, you can either transfer to a 4 year college after a semester or 2 OR you can finish your 2 years and then transfer to a school where you can finish your next 2 years. i know that some community colleges have a program set up with various in state universities that guarantee automatic admission if certain criteria is met (GPA, etc.).

Dude relax, your only in Highschool. Im not saying thats not important, but Im saying its not the end of the world. You screwed around your freshman and sophmore year, but you turned it around. If you dont make it into a college or university go to a community and bust your ***. Just be happy you care now because I knw people that dont do anything, but sit on a couch. Now your in the real world where it counts so try hard, set goals, an stay focused. Dont stress out.

Goodluck . . .

Dude relax, your only in Highschool. Im not saying thats not important, but Im saying its not the end of the world. You screwed around your freshman and sophmore year, but you turned it around. If you dont make it into a college or university go to a community and bust your ***. Just be happy you care now because I knw people that dont do anything, but sit on a couch. Now your in the real world where it counts so try hard, set goals, an stay focused. Dont stress out.

Goodluck . . .

Senior year doesn't count

It's not over yet, you can still go to a community college....and with the attitude you have now, you will be able to transfer to a "good college" after 2 years...ain't nothin wrong with that.

Senior year doesn't count

It's not over yet, you can still go to a community college....and with the attitude you have now, you will be able to transfer to a "good college" after 2 years...ain't nothin wrong with that.

omg quit complaining....with that gpa you can get into a school, it probably wont be the school you want to get into but you can defiently get into a school...after a year or so you could just transfer to any school if you keep those grades up

and talk to guidence counslers they can help you out too

omg quit complaining....with that gpa you can get into a school, it probably wont be the school you want to get into but you can defiently get into a school...after a year or so you could just transfer to any school if you keep those grades up

and talk to guidence counslers they can help you out too

^Why even enter a thread when you're just gonna troll?

Damn, Community college is my last of the last option to be honest. I mean, my family would probably just shun me away
laugh.gif

So there's no way I can get into a school like George Mason University or Virginia Commonwealth even if I had 4.0 my senior year?....Do colleges take into consideration grade improvements(as in my case from 2.3 to 2.8 to 3.4 and maybe to 4.0?...would it make a difference at all?

Thanks for all the tips btw
smile.gif

Damn, Community college is my last of the last option to be honest. I mean, my family would probably just shun me away
laugh.gif

So there's no way I can get into a school like George Mason University or Virginia Commonwealth even if I had 4.0 my senior year?....Do colleges take into consideration grade improvements(as in my case from 2.3 to 2.8 to 3.4 and maybe to 4.0?...would it make a difference at all?

smile.gif

i wasn't gonna come in here and say you'll be fine, it's only HS, just make sure you graduate and go on to get your degree, etc etc

but then i raid this,

Originally Posted by AZNBALLA23

My family all think I'm a disgrace( Asianbtw)

i wasn't gonna come in here and say you'll be fine, it's only HS, just make sure you graduate and go on to get your degree, etc etc

but then i raid this,

My family all think I'm a disgrace( Asianbtw)

2.7 GPA? im pretty sure you could get into a university. Colleges like students who grades go up every year, so you have a pretty decent chance. stop trippin and just get a 4.0 your senior year

Im in the same position as you are, but in a less stable boat.. things could always be worse.

2.7 GPA? im pretty sure you could get into a university. Colleges like students who grades go up every year, so you have a pretty decent chance. stop trippin and just get a 4.0 your senior year

Im in the same position as you are, but in a less stable boat.. things could always be worse.

RIP.
BTW, never blame the test. You're not going to get better that way. It's always going to be there. 1510 though?
30 minutes a day?
You're not getting into a good college point blank. Go the CC route and transfer.

This is a back-up SN right?
nerd.gif

RIP.
BTW, never blame the test. You're not going to get better that way. It's always going to be there. 1510 though?
30 minutes a day?
You're not getting into a good college point blank. Go the CC route and transfer.

This is a back-up SN right?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

smile.gif
all you doing is *****ing, complaining, and crying like a little princess ... grow some nuts and make your own life decisions.

I mean damn man... look at those blue emocons in your first post... !$$! looks depressing.

laugh.gif

smile.gif
all you doing is *****ing, complaining, and crying like a little princess ... grow some nuts and make your own life decisions.

I mean damn man... look at those blue emocons in your first post... !$$! looks depressing.

Back
Top Bottom