my holy grails looking like holy hell!!!

i finally unDS my retro concords xi which is prob my fav shoe of all time, and after only 2 short wears i can see the midsole starting to seperate from thepatent leather.
i know i can glue them but i feel it will take away from them, and i should have worn them before. i want another fresh pair but is it worth 400-500 for a pairthat i prob
cant wear or the same thing will happen. this is the shoe that pulled me into the shoe game back in 95-96. it really sucks

Originally Posted by 12 steps

i finally unDS my retro concords xi which is prob my fav shoe of all time, and after only 2 short wears i can see the midsole starting to seperate from the patent leather.
i know i can glue them but i feel it will take away from them, and i should have worn them before. i want another fresh pair but is it worth 400-500 for a pair that i prob
cant wear or the same thing will happen. this is the shoe that pulled me into the shoe game back in 95-96. it really sucks

i was 2 or 3
wink.gif

can you post some pics, would really like to see it

and a new pair shouldnt cost you $400-500. from a couple of months of searching for some jordan xi concords or dmps. came out witht he conclusiion, for size 10at least, the average price range is $275- $400. most common was around $350 though.

at first wantd the dmps since theyd have more icy soles and probably easier to find. but with ridiculous resellers-- usually asking for concord prices andsometimes higher, i finalyl decided to cop these>>>

$300 shipped
df91611430361e6166a7b3aaa87c647f8993cdf0.jpg

^^ yes i agree, its around 350-400 right now(deadstock). for me, i would prefer some vnds pair. why? because lots of sole separation cases only happen todeadstock pairs (when we unDS them). because its never been worn so many years, the glue is hardened and become easy to break.
try to search on ebay, dig deep..if u're lucky u can find some jewel. like this for 170 internationally shipped (im not living in the states btw)
smile.gif

i guess everybody's sleeping...
smile.gif

It doesn't sound too bad. You should just glue them back, but find out which glue is best to use. At least the sole didn't tear or rip.

Originally Posted by 12 steps

i finally unDS my retro concords xi which is prob my fav shoe of all time, and after only 2 short wears i can see the midsole starting to seperate from the patent leather.
i know i can glue them but i feel it will take away from them, and i should have worn them before. i want another fresh pair but is it worth 400-500 for a pair that i prob

How did you store them? I heard putting them on a ziploc with silica pack inside causes the glue to dry up over time. Which causes the glue to crack when youwear them. Is that what U did with yours?

Dmps for me....sold mostly all my older retos except for my 99 IV's...but I still bought Cdp IV's because I like to wear em....I just sold my infraredVI's and will be coppin the red and black in January ....I know the new retro's aren't the same but I like to wear my shoes...

Originally Posted by hotbutter

and a new pair shouldnt cost you $400-500. from a couple of months of searching for some jordan xi concords or dmps. came out witht he conclusiion, for size 10 at least, the average price range is $275- $400. most common was around $350 though.

at first wantd the dmps since theyd have more icy soles and probably easier to find. but with ridiculous resellers-- usually asking for concord prices and sometimes higher, i finalyl decided to cop these>>>

$300 shipped

wow!!
pimp.gif

word, hearing these stories makes me not wanna keep anything on ice, and when i wear them take pictures so i can remember how i felt in the kicks... wear yourshoes.. i got a pair of ds olympics im gonna break out this year before they go bad..

Originally Posted by hotbutter

and a new pair shouldnt cost you $400-500. from a couple of months of searching for some jordan xi concords or dmps. came out witht he conclusiion, for size 10 at least, the average price range is $275- $400. most common was around $350 though.

at first wantd the dmps since theyd have more icy soles and probably easier to find. but with ridiculous resellers-- usually asking for concord prices and sometimes higher, i finalyl decided to cop these>>>

$300 shipped

wow!!!! nice!!!!
smokin.gif

It's very simple gentleman.... if you're buying Air Jordans to look at, don't even think about wearing them. EVER.

If you buy them for the reason they were produced, you won't have to worry about this happening for a long time....

Sole separation from wear occurs a lot longer down the line than separation from DS pairs literally rotting away....

If we as humans dont exercise, move around, our muscles, tendons, ligaments, etc. begin to atrophy (weaken, stiffen, harden)

Why would shoes designed for rigorous athletic activity be any different ?

OP sorry for your loss, but you just learned an expensive lesson. YOU MUST WEAR YOUR SHOES ! ! ! !

That is all....
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Agent0024

It's very simple gentleman.... if you're buying Air Jordans to look at, don't even think about wearing them. EVER.

If you buy them for the reason they were produced, you won't have to worry about this happening for a long time....

Sole separation from wear occurs a lot longer down the line than separation from DS pairs literally rotting away....

If we as humans dont exercise, move around, our muscles, tendons, ligaments, etc. begin to atrophy (weaken, stiffen, harden)

Why would shoes designed for rigorous athletic activity be any different ?

OP sorry for your loss, but you just learned an expensive lesson. YOU MUST WEAR YOUR SHOES ! ! ! !

That is all....
grin.gif

I Agree...

unDS'ing XI's at this point will 90% result in some separation. I was told by a shoemaker/repair man that glue can only hold onto a smooth materiallike PL for so long before it separates. Its supposedly because the surface is so smooth. I also asked if wearing them made the situation better. He couldntreally answer that, but i told him about my experience throughout the years, and he said it makes sense.

This happened to me on a DS pair of Jams 2 years ago. i didnt even make it out of the house. I took them to get professionally repaired, and you couldnt tellthey were repaired what so ever.

wear you shoes man!

Just reglue them. If you still want to rock them instead of making them a trophy, you have to reglue them.

Stories like this are why I rock every pair I have.

hotbutter that pair is
pimp.gif
very nice!!!
the seperation isnt bad yet but since its starting
it makes me not want to rock'em
i will post some pics today. its right where the toe
will start to crease when you step.

Agent0024 pretty much summed it up, if you're going to get into older sneakers, you have to prepare yourself for the fact sometimes they'll needrepairing, and sometimes, unfortunately, they'll be beyond repair

Back
Top Bottom