My iPhone just met the toilet yesterday (HELP!)

Bee

Long story short my iPhone ended up taking a dip into the toilet yesterday 
tired.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]i let it dry out for a few hours, hit it with the blow dryer, then turned it on and everything worked except for the backlight.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]i start listening to music to see if my speakers worked and shortly after everything turned off and the apple logo is stuck on the screen.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Occasionally the logo comes off and the phone looks like its off but when i text my iPhone from my BB i can hear my received text alert.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]My question is, is there anyway of saving my iPhone and getting off of the apple logo screen?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]if not is there anyway i can get all of the information off of this iPhone and transfer it to my new one once i buy it?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I have countless pics, numbers, and get it crackin vids and if i lose all of that i'm gunna be a sad puppy[/color]
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

Long story short my iPhone ended up taking a dip into the toilet yesterday 
tired.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]i let it dry out for a few hours, hit it with the blow dryer, then turned it on and everything worked except for the backlight.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]i start listening to music to see if my speakers worked and shortly after everything turned off and the apple logo is stuck on the screen.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Occasionally the logo comes off and the phone looks like its off but when i text my iPhone from my BB i can hear my received text alert.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]My question is, is there anyway of saving my iPhone and getting off of the apple logo screen?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]if not is there anyway i can get all of the information off of this iPhone and transfer it to my new one once i buy it?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I have countless pics, numbers, and get it crackin vids and if i lose all of that i'm gunna be a sad puppy[/color]
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

blow dryer..your #1 mistake brah...

had you have not done that, you could have been fine. Blow drying it spreads the water and is a common mistake....you live and you learn

had you have not done that, you could have been fine. Blow drying it spreads the water and is a common mistake....you live and you learn

sounds u gotta restore or either have a brick. this may sound crazy but put it in a bag of rice and it will take more water out of the phone. dont you back up anything to your computer?? good luck

sounds u gotta restore or either have a brick. this may sound crazy but put it in a bag of rice and it will take more water out of the phone. dont you back up anything to your computer?? good luck

Originally Posted by jellybean24

tired.gif

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Plug it into itunes and did you put it into a bag of rice
Originally Posted by 360waves

Yeaa i actually did let it sit in a ziplock bag with rice last night.. Stupid me didn't have a back up. iTunes does recognize my iphone when i plug it up tho, how do i backup my files now before i try to restore my phone?

Originally Posted by jellybean24

tired.gif

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Plug it into itunes and did you put it into a bag of rice
Originally Posted by 360waves

Yeaa i actually did let it sit in a ziplock bag with rice last night.. Stupid me didn't have a back up. iTunes does recognize my iphone when i plug it up tho, how do i backup my files now before i try to restore my phone?

30t6p3b.gif
I remember like 3 years ago when I dropped mine in the toilet.

You shoulda let it sit in a bag of rice for like a week at least.

30t6p3b.gif
I remember like 3 years ago when I dropped mine in the toilet.

You shoulda let it sit in a bag of rice for like a week at least.

My 4 fell into a sink full of water for about ~5-10 seconds and um, well. For the first couple hours it was goin' haywire but now it's working like the day I bought it.

My 4 fell into a sink full of water for about ~5-10 seconds and um, well. For the first couple hours it was goin' haywire but now it's working like the day I bought it.

Last summer my wife jumped into a pool after my oldest daughter(she was fine, had on floaties, just a dramatic 6 yr old) with her Iphone in her back pocket.  Needless to say, she was volcano hot when she came home.  Me, figuring I had to do something fast before my daughter met the same fate as the iphone, bolted out the door like Ben Johnson on roids and headed straight for the AT&T shop.  "Give me a phone"..."Uh, sir, you're not due for an upgrade it'll be 500".."Man, this is life and death, now just box that s2#t up"...I race back to the house and hand my wife her new phone(only after I made sure my child was still breathing). She gives me one of those Jabba the Hutt grunts and I walk away satisfied that at least my daughter will be able to make it out of elementary school.   Meanwhile, a week passes and the old phone is just sitting out on the bar untouched.  I start messing with it and for the hell of it, decide to plug it into itunes.  Apple logo...phone...no problems.  I hadn't done anything to it.  No heat, no rice, just some time.  Just let it dry out and plug it into Itunes.  You might get lucky.  

Back
Top Bottom