My Ipod Nano blew up last night!

Originally Posted by FreshProduct

eek.gif

Law$uit?

Work yourself a I-pod of your choice and a Macbook Pro.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by powdbyrice

OEM charger or aftermarket?

if its the latter, you have no case.

DON'T ANSWER THAT QUESTION!
laugh.gif

JUST SAY IT WAS OEM! AND GET AN OEM ONE IF YOU "MISPLACED IT"

I did charge it with the OEM charger. The charger has a few burn marks on it too.

Originally Posted by MJair

I did charge it with the OEM charger. The charger has a few burn marks on it too.

Take better pics, tagged, and if you got a lawyer in the family
pimp.gif
youalready know.

also for my legal advice i'd like a laptop, kthx

Damn I'm scared 2 plug my iPod in now lol nah but 4real make sure you got tagged pics, sue/ bargin wit apple get yourself an iTouch(Phone) a mac book proand sum $$$ you'll b
pimp.gif

To tell you the truth, you probably will not get any money out of it. You will most likely get a replacement and a gift card for your trouble.

After you report it, they will ask you to ship them the phone. The will do a failure analysis to determine the root cause of the failure. Apple will thenreview their manufacturing batch records to determine if other ipods potentially have this problem. If so, they will send out a recall notice.

As long as you didn't get hurt or burn any of your other possessions, you don't have much of a case in a lawsuit to obtain additional money.

The most likely cause of the fire was probably due to a faulty circuit in the battery. All rechargeable electronic batteries are suppose to have a reversecharge current protection circuit designed in and a backup protection circuit in case the primary fails to prevent an over current scenario that can cause thedevice to explode. This was probably an isolated incident where both protection circuits failed. Electronic safety agencies call this double fault. Butmanufacturers are only required to comply with single fault scenarios.

[h1]iPod Sets Man's Pants On Fire[/h1]

"The fire is believed to have originated from the lithium ion battery inside, similar to the ones recalled for setting laptops on fire."

hughes-760185127-1191634329_thumb.jpg

So it has happened before
eek.gif

eek.gif

Watch apple blame it on a power surge or somethin' and try and hit you with replacement fee
laugh.gif

smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom