My PlayStation 3 Crisis

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of The Yellow Light Of Death???

Well yesterday I was playing my 60 GIG PS3, and out of nowhere the console shuts off, and there's this red blinking light. I try and cut it back on and itgoes green for like 5 seconds, until it flashes a yellow light, and cuts back to the flashing red light. I did some research on what this yellow light, andthese blinking red lights signify. But I am still unsure because all the forums I read about this subject just BS around and i never get a clear answer to myproblem. I am very dissapointed with Sony right now, NT can you please shed some light on this problem?

What you want to do is unplug the back power cord for like a minute and then plug it back in. Hold the power button until it turns on. If it doesn't turnon your ps3 is done. They will replace it if you had it less than a year I think.

i knew before i came here it was gonna be about the yellow light thing
naww i haven't gotten it,my friend got it, it rarely happen's, only with the new consoles but take it back to sony, you cant fix it..
it goes beep beep when you insert a game right?

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Yes! Now you PS3 dudes can't talk about us X360 guys. XBOX 360 FTW
overkill
happy.gif

of course we can, yall got 3x the errors we do and each one is 10x more likely to happen than the ylod

still has a higher phailure rate..so, no

Yea because the yellow light occurs just as often as the rrod. **** PS3 > Xbox 360 in every way. I don't know anyone who had an xbox that hasn't hadto get it replaced.

Originally Posted by Otis Dont Play That

Yea because the yellow light occurs just as often as the rrod. **** PS3 > Xbox 360 in every way. I don't know anyone who had an xbox that hasn't had to get it replaced.
I've had my 360 for 3 years and still havent had the RROD. Ever. I play it every day too. so to me 360>PS3. Period. Yall aint touching XBL.

33% failure rate for the 360 vs. less than 1% for PS3's?
no contest.
as far as the OP's problem. looks like you are toast.
if it's been less than a year, Sony will fix it.

-J-

Originally Posted by The Dunk Monk

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of The Yellow Light Of Death???

Well yesterday I was playing my 60 GIG PS3, and out of nowhere the console shuts off, and there's this red blinking light. I try and cut it back on and it goes green for like 5 seconds, until it flashes a yellow light, and cuts back to the flashing red light. I did some research on what this yellow light, and these blinking red lights signify. But I am still unsure because all the forums I read about this subject just BS around and i never get a clear answer to my problem. I am very dissapointed with Sony right now, NT can you please shed some light on this problem?
PS3 thread

http://niketalk.com/topic/118717?page=604

You'll more likely to get more help there

Its funny this is the first PS3 reported on here and the XBOX clan jumping all over it...they should be sympathetic seeing how they deal with it like twice ayear

OP just buy another PS3, swap yours out and return for your money. Let the big stores deal with it. Regarding the game, I'd say keep playing with it andattempt to eject.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Its funny this is the first PS3 reported on here and the XBOX clan jumping all over it...they should be sympathetic seeing how they deal with it like twice a year

OP just buy another PS3, swap yours out and return for your money. Let the big stores deal with it. Regarding the game, I'd say keep playing with it and attempt to eject.
roll.gif

only people that get red rings are the people who dont know how to take care of their xbox. Xbox Live is worth the money. PS3 sucks so bad its free. NXE >Home.

/thread.

here's a ninja hood pic to show you how much i love my xbox!

05-13Xbox_360.jpg

Back
Top Bottom